Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

A very cold night ahead, -3 to -4s for urban areas, the BBC are forecasting -9 for parts of Oxford....Well below average for this time of the year.

Temps will recover come Weds/Thurs..... but 6s and 7s at best is hardly mild.

Then come the weekend back to cold :cold: you can see where the air is coming from (charts) a chilly feed from the Continent :D

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=news;storyid=7810;sess= :cold::cold-emoji::santa-emoji:

120-580_xhl2.GIFsyn29image5.png96-580UK_igl3.GIF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Made it down to -5.5 °C last night, and despite a glorious sunny day the frost easily lingered all day in the shade. May go even lower tonight if the cloud holds off long enough. :cold:

Posted

5:30pm and currently..... -1.5c :cold-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Still just above freezing here (+0.4 °C) but plenty of ice on car roofs etc. Some nice stars out, too.

Posted
12 minutes ago, smeeth said:

-2 in Rutland, frost hasn't moved one bit, car still looks like there's been a light snowfall.

Me also :santa-emoji:    -3.1c here right now.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Lovely clear stagnant night with hardly any wind at all, And some great sunrises and sunsets to continue.

Temp currently -2.7c

Dp -4.7c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

2.4c here with a persistent W breeze of around 6-9 mph as all the cooling  air slides away into the valleys. Completely cloudless today until after sunset when there were a few wisps of cirrus.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Positively mild here. 4.2c according to the Davis on the roof mast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
13 minutes ago, Terminal Moraine said:

Positively mild here. 4.2c according to the Davis on the roof mast.

I had the same issue last night.. stayed above 0C here.. a very shallow inversion.. living on a hill is the issue I suspect

Posted

Dropped to -5.9c in my garden in Evesham

Thats the lowest temp - and the first time I have seen to get below -5c - here since February 2012.  

Posted

Well, I said yesterday that I thought we might get below -5.5 °C here last night.

And we did...

...it got to -5.6 °C. :p

• Like 1

Posted

No air frost last night but a strange looking hoar frost as all the roads look like they are covered in snow real white and no frost on the grass except for previous days.

Very slippery this morning.

Posted

Another gloriously sunny afternoon here in NW Worcestershire. I was expecting a lot more cloud than this, so I'm very pleasantly surprised! Now, if we can just have a winter with more days like this, rather than the mud-sodden mess that was last year, I'll be more than happy.

Posted

If there's anyone in the Telford area at the moment have a look in the sky. 2 odd lights moving about through the clouds, visible from a good ten miles away. Weather phenomenon or torches that are much stronger than I thought possible? Or aliens of course...

Edited by xcraigx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, Ian Ballinger said:

Well looks like typical winter mush  is set to return! 

Yes some of the charts look a bit like last Dec, Wed looks like a washout and 12°

Posted
53 minutes ago, xcraigx said:

If there's anyone in the Telford area at the moment have a look in the sky. 2 odd lights moving about through the clouds, visible from a good ten miles away. Weather phenomenon or torches that are much stronger than I thought possible? Or aliens of course...

Yes can see them in Ironbridge, think they're testing lasers or something for the Christmas lights switch on

Posted

I enjoyed some of that crisp bright weather we had during November. Not been too shabby an Autumn all in all.

I see we're on the verge of carrying on the theme of last winter for the time being. I supposed we're used to this by now. Just read the model thread and didn't get frustrated by it all. Reached the stage where I read it with the same approach I read the TV lisitings these days. Scan through them , realise that there's nothing there to interest me and find something else to do instead. It's the easiest approach these days when it comes to winter weather. Maybe something good will come along soon.

This isn't a moan...it's just an acceptance that winter is here and expectations are low right now. We've had some beautiful weather to look at through the Autumn so I've not been totally disinterested so far

Edited by Gord