Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Michael Fish Forecast - Upgraded!

Paul

Posted

Thanks again for all the feedback everyone - and yes we'll definitely get the volume level raised for the next one!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
Thanks again for all the feedback everyone - and yes we'll definitely get the volume level raised for the next one!

You're welcome, Paul! :lol:

Posted

An excellent forecast and I agree that unlike the TV forecasts it's not rushed and time can be taken to go into the right amount of detail that everyone can understand.

Well done to Michael and the Netweather team.

:mellow:

Posted

I liked it, can we have a daily forecast with graphics in that much detail in the future?

Posted

Brilliant stuff presented by a true pro. The best bit is the chart analasys so hopefully things such as cape/li charts will be shown during relevant set ups.

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012

Yes it’s good to see Michael putting such detail in to his forecast, excellent analysis of the models, this is even better than the old fashioned BBC forecasts from the 70’s.

Keep up the good work Michael and thanks to Paul for getting this on to Netweather.

Paul

Posted

Would just like to add to the comments already made in this thread regarding Michael "Legend" Fish's latest forecasts. Well detailed and unlike most of the TV weather reports, takes his time to give detail in and around the UK. Another feather in the cap for Netweather.tv. :lol:

this is even better than the old fashioned BBC forecasts from the 70’s.

It is slightly. :lol:

IMG_35261.jpg

(Yes I do possess weather symbol fridge magnets! One of them being a 1970's style Michael Fish!)

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Scenic, Windy, Raw

Great to see a weather legend back on our screens. I don't have any criticisms at all, but what might be interesting is the odd 'in depth' feature when things may be about to get interesting. Sort of a 'masterclass' type thing.

Cheers

Jason

Posted

Just found out the legendary Michael Fish is once again gracing our screens, thanks to net weather. What a coup, and the man still blows all those young pretenders out of the water!

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Could just be me but having issues with this. Plays well till about 3/4 way through then it stops in same point. Left it ages to load but wouldn't move on. so shoved it on the ethernet from wireless but still the same. Have given up for now and will try again later.

Posted

We were running it on a backup server for a bit there due to a problem with the normal one we use for it, so that may have affected it a little. It's back on the number 1 server now..

Posted
We were running it on a backup server for a bit there due to a problem with the normal one we use for it, so that may have affected it a little. It's back on the number 1 server now..

hi paul.is the volume sorted yet

Posted

Michael's latest forecast is now online - we've added some new features this week and there are one or two issues, but I hope you enjoy it and find it useful. Full version arrives next week..

[nwlink=http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=michaelfish;sess=]Click here for the forecast[/nwlink]

Posted

Very good again :lol: I'm liking the symbols and animation combos :winky:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Aye, to be honest I never thought of the idea of using a combination of symbols and the "new-style" overlays of clouds and precipitation, but it seems to work very well. It will definitely be interesting to see what it looks like once it's completely finished.

I did notice a couple of issues in that the progged max/min temperatures and symbols didn't always match up with what Michael Fish was predicting (I'd personally trust his words over what the outputs were showing in said cases).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012

Excellent presentation as always.

Paul