Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The heat haters club 2022

Dami
Message added by Paul,

This thread is for those who don't enjoy the heat to discuss that and offer support to each other through the summer months. If you don't feel similarly and don't have any empathy for those who do, please don't post in here.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
13 hours ago, Don said:

Taking into account the GFS underdoing temps by 2C, even my location would hit 38C!  Truly horrifying!!

Hopefully never will come to pass. Would cause ther country severe problems. 

Edited by Paul
Removed political comments
  • Like 2

Posted
11 hours ago, Alderc said:

587E6000-6DEF-4B9F-9D5B-FE3BE6D36432.thumb.jpeg.0a2ecfdf997cba9a436a119ae9a64b0b.jpeg

I’ll just leave this here. The GFS Ops run would hit 100f consecutive days. 

Guess I'd be moving to Scotland for the weekend if that ever happened..

• Like 1

Posted

I'm a bit scared about this 40c+ being shown! I'm away in a caravan that weekend and will die!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
3 hours ago, The PIT said:

Hopefully never will come to pass. Would cause ther country severe problems. Although Johnson would no doubt be partying while people died of heat stroke.

People would die of heat stroke in 40+C in many countries in N Europe, and Boris (or anyone else) would be powerless to do anything to stop it. The 2003 European heatwave killed 30,000 people, 14,000 in France alone.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I'm a bit scared about this 40c+ being shown! I'm away in a caravan that weekend and will die!!

It’s just one run of the GFS, very very unlikely it will be that hot.

24 minutes ago, Lincs Observation said:

We been here before or at least some of us have here is a link to the summer of 76, quite interesting to you young folk

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNSNQYSD/?k=1

LO

Let’s hope we never get a summer like that again! As I’m young the hottest summer I can remember is 2006, although it was only really July 2006 that was hot in that summer. 

Can you imagine if we had a summer like that these days? The weather obsessed media and global warming doom merchants would have a meltdown!

• Like 5

Posted
14 hours ago, Alderc said:

587E6000-6DEF-4B9F-9D5B-FE3BE6D36432.thumb.jpeg.0a2ecfdf997cba9a436a119ae9a64b0b.jpeg

I’ll just leave this here. The GFS Ops run would hit 100f consecutive days. 

Be nice to get a bit of warm weather.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
49 minutes ago, RJBingham said:

You jest i hope.....

• Like 2

Posted
31 minutes ago, markyo said:

You jest i hope.....

Can't see it happening to be honest, it would be nice to see the record broken though, 40c would be amazing.

Posted
22 minutes ago, RJBingham said:

Can't see it happening to be honest, it would be nice to see the record broken though, 40c would be amazing.

I suspect many would disagree about the nice bit....but any record is of some interest, even the uncomfortable ones! To be honest it would be unbearable for most folk in this country.

Edited by markyo
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
51 minutes ago, markyo said:

I suspect many would disagree about the nice bit....but any record is of some interest, even the uncomfortable ones! To be honest it would be unbearable for most folk in this country.

I think we have to buckle up and try to ride the next 3 weeks or so out.

If we do get a very hot spell I think the heat lovers can stop moaning for a few years and let us cold lovers enjoy some proper wintry weather if and when it arrives.

• Like 2

Posted
52 minutes ago, markyo said:

Not set up for warm weather in this country, it would be more bearable for people if more places were air conditioned, the way things a going it will have to change, even the chance that it might hit 40c seems incredible.   

• Like 3

Posted

Its starting to look like from mid month the worst spell of hot weather this country has ever endured could be with us. Not what we need now by any means, it could be very tough for many.

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, markyo said:

Its starting to look like from mid month the worst spell of hot weather this country has ever endured could be with us. Not what we need now by any means, it could be very tough for many.

Thankfully long way in lala land so hopefully will be downgraded nearer the time. However if it does arrive will cause a lot of extra unwelcome pressure on the services.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Thankfully long way in lala land so hopefully will be downgraded nearer the time. However if it does arrive will cause a lot of extra unwelcome pressure on the services.

Massive increase i fear, fingers crossed there is a big downgrade soon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

Is this up and coming heatwave a plume as in possible thundery weather within it or is it a sun scorching burn everything to a frazzle dry heat (i.e. full sun all day every day)?  I thought I’d seen someone refer to a plume at some point in the model thread, which I thought was thundery weather, so I’m confused a little.

• Like 2

Posted
38 minutes ago, Snowycat said:

Is this up and coming heatwave a plume as in possible thundery weather within it or is it a sun scorching burn everything to a frazzle dry heat (i.e. full sun all day every day)?  I thought I’d seen someone refer to a plume at some point in the model thread, which I thought was thundery weather, so I’m confused a little.

Plumes these days tend to dry frazzling everything. The old days thy used to bring thunderstorms.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
6 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

It’s just one run of the GFS, very very unlikely it will be that hot.

Let’s hope we never get a summer like that again! As I’m young the hottest summer I can remember is 2006, although it was only really July 2006 that was hot in that summer. 

Can you imagine if we had a summer like that these days? The weather obsessed media and global warming doom merchants would have a meltdown!

June 2006 was actually quite hot in the first half and drier than July. 

Posted
5 hours ago, markyo said:

The way it's been the last week and a half I would be happy with 22c !! Anything but the constant cold garbage ! 

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, The PIT said:

Plumes these days tend to dry frazzling everything. The old days thy used to bring thunderstorms.

I was saying this to someone only the other day, I have to say locally to my area I’ve not seen a thunderstorm that was full on for a few years now, ok you may get the odd rumble or a flash but not a intense storm. If my memory serves me well I might have to go back as far as 2018.

LO

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, Lincs Observation said:

I was saying this to someone only the other day, I have to say locally to my area I’ve not seen a thunderstorm that was full on for a few years now, ok you may get the odd rumble or a flash but not a intense storm. If my memory serves me well I might have to go back as far as 2018.

LO

The last really intense thunderstorm here was in September 2016. Since then the thunderstorms have been very minor and only lasting around 10-20 minutes. In 2018 I don’t think I had any thunderstorms at all despite it being a very hot summer!

7 hours ago, CreweCold said:

I think we have to buckle up and try to ride the next 3 weeks or so out.

If we do get a very hot spell I think the heat lovers can stop moaning for a few years and let us cold lovers enjoy some proper wintry weather if and when it arrives.

Good luck with that one. The heat lovers are not content unless it’s at least 25C. If we had a month of 30C heat and then a few days of rain and 15C they would still be moaning.

10 hours ago, RJBingham said:

40C isn’t just warm. It’s absolutely scorching! I agree it would be nice to get a week or two of 20-25°C and sunshine. Very few would enjoy 40°C though. 

• Like 2

Posted

Let’s just hope the extreme heat doesn’t come off.

The good news is that we aren’t in a 2018 kind or pattern where it’s just intense high pressure and hot sunshine for weeks on end, so any heat should be relatively short lived.

All this talk of heat but it’s actually quite cool here at the moment, only 16/17°C over the weekend here despite plenty of sunshine, and the week ahead is forecast to be very cool and cloudy. Not hot by any stretch of the imagination. In fact the bbc weather app is forecasting nothing above 21°C for the next 14 days here, plenty of time for that to change of course. I feel like this thread is more worrying about potential heatwaves rather than actual heat. It has been quite a cool start to summer, let’s just enjoy the cool weather for now!

1E501097-7BCA-43E6-9412-C67CE7377CC3.png

• Like 1

Posted
On 03/07/2022 at 13:12, *Stormforce~beka* said:

You won't need a BBQ in 40c+, you will be able to do all the cooking on the caravan roof!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, Don said:

You won't need a BBQ in 40c+, you will be able to do all the cooking on the caravan roof!

Aye, but who's going to volunteer to climb up there to fetch them down once they're cooked!

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, Don said:

If it's that bad I probably wouldn't go tbh!