Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2022 Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
18 hours ago, Stabilo19 said:

The parks are starting to look noticeable scorched in London now. 2018 summer vibes starting to appear except we haven't had the heat to match! And the outlook is for 1-5 mM between now and 6th July. ☀️

dry1.thumb.jpg.7bf0354320fe441ac447b4c06ba67403.jpgdry2.thumb.jpg.01bd7469e7c666b33d4fa1e4104b7d68.jpg

dryoutlook.thumb.png.e4277065f46f11ff9b731ca148a0e19e.png

Yep it's been largely bone dry in London for a few weeks now, bar a couple of transient showers. The grass in the back garden is parched. 

Another beautiful, sunny morning but there is a band of showers moving into west London as I speak. It also looks far more organised and heavier than anything that was forecast, but does seem to be breaking up as it moves east. 

Edited by danm
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A very respectable September day here today...

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!

No photos but today I've never seen so much steam coming off the ground after a lunchtime shower. 

The perfect conditions to create visible steam: strong sun, warm ground, short & sharp shower, strong sun back out, low DPs and low air pressure to allow vapour to condense.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters

Been a relatively pleasant day here a bit of a hefty shower around 8:30 this morning but apart from that quite a bit of sunshine and feeling rather warm all in all the weekend hasn't been too bad either some much needed rain for the garden from some beefy showers Saturday but again feeling really warm in the sunny spells

• Like 1

Posted

Time's marching on, our cherries are now edible - first fruits of the season !! Apples, pears and plums swelling nicely and I spotted the first blackberries to emerge from their blossom this morning. Wheat and barley are ripening well in the fields below us with a view to a mid-July harvest.

The Autumn thread will be up before we know it......

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Most of the local buddleias have been in full bloom since mid-June; so, Spring/early Summer can't have been too bad?

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
5 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Most of the local buddleias have been in full bloom since mid-June; so, Spring/early Summer can't have been too bad?

Buddlieias arnt out here yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters

Got to say I really appreciate the fresh breeze this morning really refreshing and some much needed rain last night although not near enough what's needed, makes you appreciate the next warm spell that's due in around a week or so ☀️

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny warmth, thunderstorms, frost

The early morning rain didn't amount to much for me, only 2mm in the rain gauge. The odd spit and spot of rain is like giving a camel a sip of water; no use for my lawn. Hoping to catch a downpour before the next warm spell.

Edited by northriding
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

It has been a fairly bog standard June over here.

The odd unsettled day here and there, a couple of hot spells, a mix of sunny and cloudy days, and temperature wise probably around average overall.

So nothing particularly memorable has happened this month weather-wise, but it has been pleasant which is the main thing.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Posted

According to the Netweather forecast it's going to rain everywhere on Monday, where on earth have they got this from I can't see this rain anywhere else

image.thumb.png.f8e72afbd5ae78eb9cc565c9427128a0.pngimage.thumb.png.0134ee8ee804d44642daae4834f8686c.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
44 minutes ago, NTC said:

According to the Netweather forecast it's going to rain everywhere on Monday, where on earth have they got this from I can't see this rain anywhere else

image.thumb.png.f8e72afbd5ae78eb9cc565c9427128a0.pngimage.thumb.png.0134ee8ee804d44642daae4834f8686c.png

Better get your shorts and t-shirt out then.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Posted

Boiling here this week. A preliminary 38.8C today at Somotor (in the east) is a new record maximum for June in Slovakia. It could reach 40C there tomorrow.

The highest temperature in the Bratislava region was 37C at Slovenský Grob (holder of the previous June record 38.2C in 2012).

• Like 1

Posted

June turned to be an excellent summer month here:

Mean Temp: 15.4C (+1.0C)
Mean Max: 20.2C (+1.7C) - 4th highest in 42 years.
Mean Min: 10.4C (+0.2C)

Rainfall: 29.6mm (47%)
Sunshine: 245hrs (131%) - sunniest on record!

The 8th-30th had a mean of 16.5C. The 17th had the highest min temp on record for June at 17.2C, beating the old record by 0.8C.

Quite a surprise, but I'm aware we were lucky!

Edited by reef
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A few stats for here..

Mean: 15.9°C - Above the Met Office average, but slightly below my own average.
Mean Max:  21°C - 0.1°C above my average.
Mean Min: 10.7°C - 0.9°C below my average.

214.2 hours of sunshine - slightly below average.
43.2mm of rain - slightly below average.

Air pollution has been extremely low - lowest levels of the year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

A snapshot of June in my region - the sunniest since 1976. Strange to get it that sunny and only 0.6c above average. A rare sunny but not overly hot month in the modern climate. A June that I guess varied wildly depending on where in the country you are. Pretty nice here....in parts of the NW/Ireland I suspect it'd be classed as dreadful.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!

Yes overall June has been warmer, drier and sunnier than average, so can't complain too much!

Mind you it really has been a drab week here, very 2011esque; cool, dry and windy. Thankfully it looks like things are settling down into next week where we'll lose this poxy wind. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, mb018538 said:

A snapshot of June in my region - the sunniest since 1976. Strange to get it that sunny and only 0.6c above average. A rare sunny but not overly hot month in the modern climate. A June that I guess varied wildly depending on where in the country you are. Pretty nice here....in parts of the NW/Ireland I suspect it'd be classed as dreadful.

Greetings everyone! Completely agree with the summary posted for East Anglia. Overall a very pleasant month, and as commented a bit unusual for it to be so sunny and dry but only a bit above the average in terms of temperatures. I remember June 1976 very well, having to sit 'O' levels during that month. That wasn't much fun, I think overall I prefer June 2022!

• Like 2

Posted

Beautiful day down here so far. Sunny and 21/22°c. Rain band fragmenting as it pushes east so we may get nothing more than a light splash later. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.
9 hours ago, mb018538 said:

Turning into a notably sunny year now surely? I think February and May were unremarkable but here in the SE one thing this year has felt notable for the most is never feeling overly dull. January was very sunny. February felt a bit closer to normal. March and April were sunny. May I didn't think felt too remarkable either way, and June was sunny obviously - though to be the sunniest since 1976 in places is a surprise, but I'm in the milder yellow colour so maybe that's why.

• Like 3

Posted

Yes I'm sure if one is to compile the first 6 months it would be up there if not the sunniest. 

On a completely different note for those who haven't look, the GFS has been going mad lately. Before last night's run dissappears, you can see 41c over East Anglia! Obviously it won't happen,  but fascinating for weather chart watchers!

Back to the real world, looks like the sunnier theme to continue with a decent week of weather coming up. Nothing notable,  but very pleasant

Screenshot_20220703-091630_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Bradley in Kent
  • Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Bradley in Kent said:

Yes I'm sure if one is to compile the first 6 months it would be up there if not the sunniest. 

On a completely different note for those who haven't look, the GFS has been going mad lately. Before last night's run dissappears, you can see 41c over East Anglia! Obviously it won't happen,  but fascinating for weather chart watchers!

Back to the real world, looks like the sunnier theme to continue with a decent week of weather coming up. Nothing notable,  but very pleasant

A very In My Backyard post. 

The North West has had an awful June and start to July with the sun being a stranger. 

Some parts of NI received less than 70% of average sunshine for June.

Posted

Beautiful morning here, sparkling blue skies with just a few fair weather clouds. Warm too. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
18 hours ago, LetItSnow! said:

Turning into a notably sunny year now surely? I think February and May were unremarkable but here in the SE one thing this year has felt notable for the most is never feeling overly dull. January was very sunny. February felt a bit closer to normal. March and April were sunny. May I didn't think felt too remarkable either way, and June was sunny obviously - though to be the sunniest since 1976 in places is a surprise, but I'm in the milder yellow colour so maybe that's why.

January to March were sunny. April was near average in the south. May was below average in most areas of the UK.

• Like 1

Posted
11 hours ago, Bradley in Kent said:

These temp maps are very odd, look at the contrast Lancashire coast and N Midlands.. more than a 15 degree difference. 

• Like 1