Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Can Animals Love Humans?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Bohemian Catsody: sums the little buggers up to a tee:

Catcerto: 

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

My two are 20 this year, brother and sister.  Foo Foo fluffy can still meow at full throttle!  Jo Jo her brother has lost his meow totally.  They have given me nearly 20 years of feline love.  First pic is Foo Foo, second is Jo Jo.

20220514_164148.jpg

20220514_164207.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted

This is a must; it had me in tears!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
16 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Bohemian Catsody: sums the little buggers up to a tee:

Oh yes, they are little monsters at times but I love them all.  I found this compassion today for such a beautiful cat.  Just like mum’s Max.

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

My two are 20 this year, brother and sister.  Foo Foo fluffy can still meow at full throttle!  Jo Jo her brother has lost his meow totally.  They have given me nearly 20 years of feline love.  First pic is Foo Foo, second is Jo Jo.

20220514_164148.jpg

20220514_164207.jpg

How wonderful!  My Scarlet was almost 21 when I had to let her go.  I think my Lewis is developing dementia.  He carries a URT virus which has knocked him about and he developed a head tilt and some deafness with it.  I rescued him at the top of my garden in a very sorry state some 11 years ago.  He’s a very gentle boy.

A085A029-5E2B-4FC9-9D2B-91EBD303AA17.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

And, a singing German Shepherd. Is he (or she) yodelling?

And I think this horse really loves this man playing Country:

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

That answers the question.

• Like 2

Posted

A year or so ago, I got 'caught' with the cows; I was stroking their heads and talking to them. 'How do you do that?', people asked. I guess I do not know; but maybe I have an affinity with animals you don't have? Maybe. I do not know. But I could never befriend an animal I was later going to kill. And I'm nae a vegetarian!

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

A year or so ago, I got 'caught' with the cows; I was stroking their heads and talking to them. 'How do you do that?', people asked. I guess I do not know; but maybe I have an affinity with animals you don't have? Maybe. I do not know. But I could never befriend an animal I was later going to kill. And I'm nae a vegetarian!

Thanks for your vids, the piano playing, singing dog gets my vote and is through to the next round.  Like you, I'm a carnivore, but if I had a small holding, all the animals would be in front of the fire watching TV with me in the depths of winter, I'm a bit too soft.

31 minutes ago, markyo said:

That answers the question.

Fantastic, brought a lion sized tear to my eye.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Snowycat said:

How wonderful!  My Scarlet was almost 21 when I had to let her go.  I think my Lewis is developing dementia.  He carries a URT virus which has knocked him about and he developed a head tilt and some deafness with it.  I rescued him at the top of my garden in a very sorry state some 11 years ago.  He’s a very gentle boy.

A085A029-5E2B-4FC9-9D2B-91EBD303AA17.jpeg

He's a handsome dude. Love the bit of tail in your pic, some cats can't resist getting in on the action . 

• Like 2

Posted

Hello Einstein!

• Like 1

Posted

Can a cat adopt a load of ducklings? Aye, it can. So, why do we humans persist in killing each other: are we not the acme of evolution/creation?

Yet we, Homo sapiens, would rather kill each other? Sometimes, I just want to give up!

• Like 1

Posted

my foster mummy has had her kittens this evening.  Unfortunately the second kitten was stillborn.  Hope she doesn't have  anymore.  Three will be enough for her to look after.   

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

I have two cats, a neutered male white and black cat and a neutered tortoiseshell cat. I also have a black and white part-time tomcat who likes to visit for a snooze and for his tea. 

Yes I definitely think animals are capable of living humans, especially cats. You show them affection and they show affection back.

84A4A3FA-2B53-4D7E-98A2-6EE29AE2EAAF.jpeg

E70C7A59-CEF2-43F7-922D-C9CA57C9A384.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
On 14/05/2022 at 20:53, Snowycat said:

my foster mummy has had her kittens this evening.  Unfortunately the second kitten was stillborn.  Hope she doesn't have  anymore.  Three will be enough for her to look after.   

Wow, lovely, hope mum and kitties are doing well.  Are you keeping them or will you be looking for new homes for them?

Posted
15 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Wow, lovely, hope mum and kitties are doing well.  Are you keeping them or will you be looking for new homes for them?

She sadly lost another kitten shortly after the first so she has just 2 left now.  Fingers and toes crossed she can raise these safely, she is a lovely little girl and a very attentive mummy.  She’s only a kitten herself though and lost all but one of her first litter.  Came from a dreadful home, neglected and abused.  Because they hadn’t bothered to get them neutered, we think her brother may have fathered both sets of kittens and so we sort of expected a few problems along the way.  The rescue took in 9 cats and kittens in total from the place.

I foster for a local cat rescue so mummy will be spayed as soon as she is ready and all 3 will go up for homing.  I’m always tempted to keep my mummy cats as they tug at my heart strings.  The lady who runs the rescue is tough on the homing front though and makes very sure the homes are safe, secure and loving before she will release them.  

Here she is.

03714D6A-5DAB-4A40-8092-3DEC73BB0E5F.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

People and Macaws?

• Like 1

Posted
On 16/05/2022 at 22:21, Snowycat said:

She sadly lost another kitten shortly after the first so she has just 2 left now.  Fingers and toes crossed she can raise these safely, she is a lovely little girl and a very attentive mummy.  She’s only a kitten herself though and lost all but one of her first litter.  Came from a dreadful home, neglected and abused.  Because they hadn’t bothered to get them neutered, we think her brother may have fathered both sets of kittens and so we sort of expected a few problems along the way.  The rescue took in 9 cats and kittens in total from the place.

I foster for a local cat rescue so mummy will be spayed as soon as she is ready and all 3 will go up for homing.  I’m always tempted to keep my mummy cats as they tug at my heart strings.  The lady who runs the rescue is tough on the homing front though and makes very sure the homes are safe, secure and loving before she will release them.  

Here she is.

03714D6A-5DAB-4A40-8092-3DEC73BB0E5F.jpeg

@Rush2112 @Ed Stone     we had more trauma with this family.  Mummy had a retained dead kitten, which thankfully she expelled but at the same time one of her remaining kittens faded pretty quickly.  All taken to vets and the little girl kitten has a very bad cleft palate.  She is now being tube fed until about 4 weeks of age when she’ll be weaned onto solids.  Plan is to repair the cleft at 4 months of age, spay at same time and by 6 months she should be normal.  Fingers crossed.  The rescue has called her May.  Mummy has just one little kitten left to look after. 

CA3B9413-FFA5-4728-A472-D9F11DEAC90E.jpeg

3CBEE5AC-4011-471F-8781-BDAA937A8355.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Posted
21 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

@Snowycat I'm  sorry to read there has been more problems, I'm grateful for people like you to care and nurture for them and find loving homes.  Thankyou for all you do.

Thankfully, the lady who owns the rescue is a retired paramedic so has transferable skills to deal with these things.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

"can animals love humans"?

two words - greyfriars bobby

• Like 2