Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted

Well, that one caught me by surprise. Holy crap! I know it was mentioned as a low level system just a day or two ago, but this thing looks beastly.

115KT forecast to 140KT 12 hours later at 0600Z

image.thumb.png.8d1f36b4c8d94632e7ed61a681e5f3a7.png

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like it's about to make landfall on Siargao Island as a supertyphoon with a pinhole eye.

160mpH winds, pressure down at 920. Absolute beast of a storm.

The satellite image of that island is almost certainly going to be a different colour once it's passed

Eye under the dot to the right, and moving to the left.

1775817262_Screenshot2021-12-16at5_33_10PM.thumb.png.247ee8f66047985c2a37caef3a4f2e89.png

Edited by crimsone
  • Thanks 1

Posted

STY 28W HAS UNDERGONE AN IMPRESSIVE RAPID INTENSIFICATION, INCREASING FROM 65 TO 140 KNOTS IN THE LAST 24 HOURS. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY (MSI) DEPICTS A COMPACT, 6NM EYE, SURROUNDED BY DEEP CYCLING CONVECTION.

Prognostic reasoning at 0300Z - https://www.metoc.navy.mil/jtwc/products/wp2821prog.txt

Apparently, I've missed a data source too. 
915 hPa, it seems. - 

Edited by crimsone
  • Thanks 1

Posted

It's made its second landfall in the Philippines, and now marches on for its third while still being a hell of a storm.

It might be a while before we find out what's been left in its wake so far, but based on the last Cat 5 we saw hitting a small island head on, I wouldn't expect it to be pretty.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
_122274852_tv072686804.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Some three million people are without power after a devastating typhoon swept over the Philippines.

Posted

This was bad one.

I mean, it was a supertyphoon with a pinhole eye at landfall, so not unexpected in a sense, but damn...

_122289656_raigetty.jpg
WWW.BBC.COM

The number of fatalities rises rapidly to at least 375, as the Red Cross appeals for urgent aid.

23 hours ago, cookie said:

Its good you can embedded links and tweets into this fourm now but it doesn't half slow things down. Very impressive late December system. 

It's been a thing for years now ? The links ought to be neither here or there as they're just thumbnails. The tweets are what they are - I can't think of a better way to share content without stealing it.

Posted
46 minutes ago, crimsone said:

This was bad one.

I mean, it was a supertyphoon with a pinhole eye at landfall, so not unexpected in a sense, but damn...

_122289656_raigetty.jpg
WWW.BBC.COM

The number of fatalities rises rapidly to at least 375, as the Red Cross appeals for urgent aid.

It's been a thing for years now ? The links ought to be neither here or there as they're just thumbnails. The tweets are what they are - I can't think of a better way to share content without stealing it.

i haven't really used this site in years just occasionally dip in and out 

• Like 1