Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2021 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

Posted

It's that time of the year again that we start looking towards that slow descent into Autumn (and W*****). 

As the berries ripen and the sun lowers in our sky, let us begin to dream of what may come.

Autumn.jpg
IBB.CO

Image Autumn in Wynter's images album

Edited by Seasonal Trim
  • Like 5

Posted

Excellent, the garden's blooming, the fruit's are swelling and the combine harvesters are revved and ready to go.

Conkers on the trees, Lords & Ladies in the hedgerows, apples and pears growing by the day. Elderflower has turned to elderberry and the hawthorn blossom has gone for another year. Sloeberries on the blackthorn bushes are looking promising and the bramble bushes are in flower.

Bring it on.....

• Like 3

Posted

I refuse to acknowledge autumn until about late august.

We still have at least 6 to possibly 8 weeks left of potential summer weather.

The decline into, and my thoughts turn to autumn in early September.

• Like 3

Posted
13 hours ago, Seasonal Trim said:

It's that time of the year again that we start looking towards that slow descent into Autumn (and W*****). 

Is it? We're not even halfway through summer yet.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Seasonal Trim said:

Every year this thread starts at the same time. And every year the same comments pop up!

You have to admit, talk of autumn in July is a bit early.

I can understand if this conversation was been had in the last week of August, which is still over a month away. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.
7 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

You have to admit, talk of autumn in July is a bit early.

I can understand if this conversation was been had in the last week of August, which is still over a month away. 

It’s never too early for us autumn lovers to talk about autumn.

Sorry @Sunny76 but it looks like we’re gonna have to do the adult thing, and agree to disagree on this one.

• Like 1

Posted

I think fair enough - we are approaching mid-July; from mid-January there usually begin to be some hints of spring on its way, not least in the day length  and solar elevation, so we are just doing the same for autumn. And it's only three weeks or so to go until we are in the 'autumn' three months for daylight, either side of the equinox. But in the meantime I shall be enjoying the remains of the summer as well. 

Edited by andreas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

It’s been Autumn for a month already in the south...

• Like 2

Posted

Summer is still here, and we have barely had any in the south. Hope the next 6-8 weeks remains nice and sunny like this morning.

Im much happier to see a clear blue sky to start my day, instead of that grotty cloudy damp stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Great to see this thread arrive. Let's get this rotten, overly warm summer out of the way and start to look to better seasons. Autumn and Winter will be very welcome.

Edited by simshady
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, simshady said:

Great to see this thread arrive. Let's get this rotten, overly warm summer out of the way and start to look to better seasons. Autumn and Winter will be very welcome.

Overly warm?? Hopefully that’ll be the case in September and October, lovely. Nice and dry, too

Posted
1 hour ago, simshady said:

Indeed, can't wait to replace the endless days of 14c with cloud wind and rain, with endless days of 14c with cloud wind and rain.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm, snow

I can't believe how quickly this year has sped by, but without any long, warm, sunny evenings to enjoy the garden.  We haven't eaten outside once this summer - maybe this weekend!  Anyway, I have finally realised that it's not really the type of weather we get in the autumn/winter which gets me down, although I detest wind and gales, it is the unremitting darkness.  Dark in the evening, dark in the morning - just horrible and depressing.  I love light and warmth!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
On 12/07/2021 at 20:08, Dangerous55019 said:

YAY!! My favourite thread!! The autumn thread is open for another year!! 

Oh, I'll have a nice large helping of autumn this year if I may please,  with lots of mist and fog, and a fair few of those gentle autumn days that have a smokey appearance to the air but with temperatures not exceeding 16° Celsius . A Halloween fog like win 2015 would be most welcome, or a foggy spell like we had in November last year.
Then for desserts can I have a few proper autumn storms with lashings of rain and strong, gale force winds, (like the storm that we had on the 27th October 2002). ??

I know that summer has gotten one or three nasty tricks still up its sleeve, but the nights are getting longer again, and for those fellow shift workers/Disciples of Dracula the darkness is now coming along at a fair ole pace in the morning, and the evening are starting to get a little darker around the 22:00 mark as well!   I'm so looking forward to waking up one morning to find that we've got a proper autumnal 'nip in the air'. 

Ohhhh I'm getting all misty and dewy eyed thinking about it. 

The summer sun is fading as the year grows old  And darker days are drawing near...

Autumn 2021_5.jpg

Autumn 2021_4.jpg

Autumn 2021.jpg

It would be nice season if it was actually how you describe. But the reality is it never turns out like that. I do love the autumn you have in your mind though just a shame it doesn't happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Autumn & Mild

Oh, I'll have a nice large helping of autumn this year if I may please,  with lots of mist and fog, and a fair few of those gentle autumn days that have a smokey appearance to the air but with temperatures not exceeding 16° Celsius . A Halloween fog like win 2015 would be most welcome, or a foggy spell like we had in November last year.

My kind of Autumn!

• Like 1

Posted

YAY!! My favourite thread!! The autumn thread is open for another year!! 

Then for desserts can I have a few proper autumn storms with lashings of rain and strong, gale force winds, (like the storm that we had on the 27th October 2002). ??

I know that summer has gotten one or three nasty tricks still up its sleeve, but the nights are getting longer again, and for those fellow shift workers/Disciples of Dracula the darkness is now coming along at a fair ole pace in the morning, and the evening are starting to get a little darker around the 22:00 mark as well!   I'm so looking forward to waking up one morning to find that we've got a proper autumnal 'nip in the air'. 

Ohhhh I'm getting all misty and dewy eyed thinking about it. 

The summer sun is fading as the year grows old  And darker days are drawing near...

Autumn 2021_5.jpg

Autumn 2021_4.jpg

Autumn 2021.jpg

I can see it all in my head at the moment. Foggy mornings are great. As are chilly, frosty mornings.

Halloween and bonfire night are the best, when you've got that smoky chill in the air.

I'm getting excited just thinking about it! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.
On 14/07/2021 at 12:22, Freeze said:

It would be nice season if it was actually how you describe. But the reality is it never turns out like that. I do love the autumn you have in your mind though just a shame it doesn't happen.

Keep the faith @Freeze... It will happen!... One year. 

On 14/07/2021 at 12:49, Weatherman_93 said:

My kind of Autumn!

That's the spirit @Weatherman_93??

25 minutes ago, Seasonal Trim said:

I can see it all in my head at the moment. Foggy mornings are great. As are chilly, frosty mornings.

Halloween and bonfire night are the best, when you've got that smoky chill in the air.

I'm getting excited just thinking about it! 

You and me both @Seasonal Trim ??

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Cathyohanlon said:

Hi everyone, I’ve followed the threads for a few years now, always get excited to see the autumn and winter threads so thought it was about time I said hello, my favourite seasons are autumn and winter ❄️

Congratulations on your first post Cathy. May all your Autumn/Winter dreams come true. :cold-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted
On 14/07/2021 at 08:46, stainesbloke said:

Overly warm?? Hopefully that’ll be the case in September and October, lovely. Nice and dry, too

Sort of sense your perspective on this time of year. I'm not a fan of the second half of summer, compared to second half spring and first half if summer, but if it is dry warm and sunny I'm happy, more so rest of July, come about second week August I want to fast forward to September sometimes if we are staring at wet humid south westerlies as we often are...

Come September the humidity drops and a 'grounding' takes over after the headiness of the summer holidays. 

• Like 4