Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
44 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Must be absolutely terrifying. We never get flooding like that in the U.K.

Oh yes we do. Boscastle, Coverack, Lynmouth to name just a few examples.

Posted

A beautiful spell of weather now underway but I will be very annoyed if my outdoor plans next Friday and Saturday get interfered with by rain!

• Like 1

Posted

Those who like very warm sunny dry blue sky weather in high summer best make the most of these current conditions. If can only do so this weekend then I believe and sticking my neck out we won't see a better one all summer. Next weekend looking much more unsettled, August by the time of the next one, and by then we are losing light so whatever the weather is doing it can never feel as good as June or July or indeed much of May.

• Like 2

Posted
19 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Those who like very warm sunny dry blue sky weather in high summer best make the most of these current conditions. If can only do so this weekend then I believe and sticking my neck out we won't see a better one all summer. Next weekend looking much more unsettled, August by the time of the next one, and by then we are losing light so whatever the weather is doing it can never feel as good as June or July or indeed much of May.

Even normal August weather will be a dream compared to what we had in May this year so I’m not so despondent for beyond next week yet.

Last year I was still tanning in mid September... (not the norm I know but even so).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Was 24c just before midday but now at 19c as the sea breeze kicked in early afternoon, still warm in the sun though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
12 minutes ago, Freeze said:

Was 24c just before midday but now at 19c as the sea breeze kicked in early afternoon, still warm in the sun though.

That's one thing I love about living in East Anglia. (up until August, anyway) It can be 29C at 11am but 22C, and as fresh as a daisy at 12, when the sea-breeze kicks in!

The bone-chilling Moray Firth sea-breeze is something else, entirely! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
14 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

That's one thing I love about living in East Anglia. (up until August, anyway) It can be 29C at 11am but 22C, and as fresh as a daisy at 12, when the sea-breeze kicks in!

The bone-chilling Moray Firth sea-breeze is something else, entirely! 

That's what I like about here, only like today when it isn't so strong. Sometimes it can be completely calm about 10 miles inland due to the south downs, but blowing a gale here.

• Like 1

Pretty surprised a sea breeze managed to over power a force 4 direct northerly Force. Flipper to a direct souther in 20mins. 

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Actually quite cloudy here.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Could do with 3C to 4C off the temperature and it would be perfect. Cloud cam e too late to prevent it getting hot.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Flow from the Eastern quadrant always causes temps to rocket here. NE all day, but, as the direction veered and got to East, temp shot to 29.2°C for a few minutes, before it dropped several degrees after the wind continued to veer to the SW.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
3 hours ago, MP-R said:

Oh yes we do. Boscastle, Coverack, Lynmouth to name just a few examples.

Well very rarely then. We do very occasionaly get weather disasters in this country but they are nearly always more extreme when they happen abroad.

2 hours ago, Freeze said:

Envious! Still 23C here with 71% humdity. 

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 1

Posted
58 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Actually quite cloudy here.

Send it over here! Still full sun here. 

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely summer’s day here, just the evening for a beer garden but I’m self isolating . 

I love this weather but people in the mod thread hankering after 30 degrees are insane in my humble opinion. 

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, HellItsHot said:

I love this weather but people in the mod thread hankering after 30 degrees are insane in my humble opinion. 

I can't really tell the difference after 27°C. 30°C feels the same, so it doesn't bother me.

I like a nice round 30 for statistical purposes as well.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

I can't really tell the difference after 27°C. 30°C feels the same, so it doesn't bother me.

I like a nice round 30 for statistical purposes as well.

Humidity plays a big part as well don't forget.

Its quite humid at the moment here with humidity in the mid to high 70s which we normally don't have in these sort of temperatures.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, wimblettben said:

Humidity plays a big part as well don't forget.

Its quite humid at the moment here with humidity in the mid to high 70s which we normally don't have in these sort of temperatures.

Humidity was down to 47% here. 66% now. Nothing unusual.

I like to sit in saunas or steam rooms if I head to the country club, so humidity isn't a problem either.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
59 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I like to sit in saunas or steam rooms if I head to the country club, so humidity isn't a problem either.

For yourself i agree not a issue, but for many trying to sleep i suggest humidity is one of the most disruptive weather patterns sleep wise though..It can really effect your well being and alertness levels due to lack of sleep. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

At last,  since the 8th of June, that was my last day of clear blue sky from dawn to dusk. Been lovely today after weeks and weeks of stubborn cloud. 
I’ve never know a spring / summer here in Norfolk that we have had some sort of Northerly flow. We all know this will disappear for the Winter.

I still worry about August , not sure the last time we had an a whole August of settled weather.,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, slater said:

At last,  since the 8th of June, that was my last day of clear blue sky from dawn to dusk. Been lovely today after weeks and weeks of stubborn cloud. 
I’ve never know a spring / summer here in Norfolk that we have had some sort of Northerly flow. We all know this will disappear for the Winter.

I still worry about August , not sure the last time we had an a whole August of settled weather.,

whole August of settled weather? massive ask, probably not possible nowadays even for SE

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Why?? I cannot understand why anyone would to make themselves hot and sweaty.

10 minutes ago, slater said:

August 1995 I think, maybe 2003, not sure.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

I am not sure a whole August of settled weather has ever really happened .....!!??

Posted

I've just set up my new Bresser weather station. I've put it in a tree so sheltered from the wind, rain and sun (hopefully).  It's not super advanced like the more expensive ones but it does indoor and outdoor temperature, humidity, and also forecasts the weather for the next three days. You can also see the max/min temperature and humdity values for the day,

It was reading 25C when I first set it up, now it's saying 22.5C with 66% humidity outside. Meanwhile according to my Windows 10 computer it's 21C and cloudy... While the sun is beaming through the bedroom window!

Indoors it's saying it's 24.5C with 65% humdity, while my Auriol indoor sensor says the same temp but humidity only 56%.. Given how warm and stuffy it feels indoors right now, I'd say my Bresser weather station is more accurate.

Anyway, it's nice to not have to constantly check my phone or weather underground to get the current temp.

• Like 2