Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
2 hours ago, Alderc said:

Thought it would brighten up this evening but alas no. Today’s really a poor effort given the forecast. Sort of sums up summer so far. Expectation of 25C and 10hrs plus of sun but really only average temps and about 5hrs of sun, surprised it even stayed dry.

Five hours of sun feels like a luxury given the weather over the last four weeks. I don't think we even had that much in Horsham.

Posted
3 hours ago, Weather-history said:

With half of the meteorological summer to go

Manchester Summer Indices  ranked in order with the best at the top 

1976 301

1995 298

1983 278

1955 277

1911 274

2018 272

1984 271

1959 269

1975 268

1949 267

1989 262

1947 255

1933 251

1901 249

1921 249

2003 247

2013 247

1925 246

2006 246

1996 245

1935 243

1994 240

1934 238

1940 238

1941 236

2014 236

1970 235

1969 234

1973 234

1999 234

1997 232

1990 229

1917 228

1926 227

2005 224

1905 223

1932 223

1945 223

1967 223

1977 223

2021 223 (up to 13th July)

Expect it to climb a few rankings over the coming days.. nearest recent contender is 2014 which brought a very good July.. and feels in a similar league to that summer here so far. Much better than 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019 and 2020 up to this point. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, al78 said:

Five hours of sun feels like a luxury given the weather over the last four weeks. I don't think we even had that much in Horsham.

Here in Reading we had no more than brief sunny intervals, with around 2 hours total sunshine. Looks a lot better for the next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Max of 22.7°C and 4 hours and 40 minutes of sunshine at the local weather station here. Plenty warm and sunny enough for me! Currently 14.5°C thanks to clear skies.

Bedroom temp back up to 23°C, grrrr...

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 1

Posted

Definitely feels like the BW has had a much better first half to the summer than the SE, quite the contrast from the usual splits we see.

I'd be very curious to see just how dull the last 30 days have been round here, I wouldn't be surprised if we are as low as the bottom 10 ever round here its been that bleak. I personally am struggling to remember a more dull period for us, even the likes of 07/12 felt like they had higher sunshine here.

As said previously, before yesterday we'd only managed something like 15hrs in the previous 4 weeks, which would be pretty shocking even in a winter month.

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Quite a chilly start here in Wendover, got down to 7.9C last night. Should hopefully be a decent diurnal range if cloud doesn't ruin the day...yet again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
_119444125_gettyimages-1232021180.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Public Heath England wants people to look out for those who may be at risk in warmer weather.

Thankfully it looks like my area will escape the worst this weekend, mid 20's. But still enough to keep me indoors and sheltering! Its also well timed as well, being the weekend, far easier to avoid going out in it!

Edited by markyo
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

E0C30476-8BBF-4882-A1D6-51E1C3901C62.thumb.jpeg.f80e636ccd4807d3291192f10f7bb7c6.jpeg

Finally! A beautiful day without any low cloud, murk etc. Clear blue skies and warm, which has been totally lacking the last month down here ☀️ 

Edited by mb018538
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A pleasant day here. Mostly sunny so far, there is some cu bubbling up, feels decent outside at 24C despite the keen northerly. If the cloud stays away probably a late max given the breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
13 minutes ago, Alderc said:

A pleasant day here. Mostly sunny so far, there is some cu bubbling up, feels decent outside at 24C despite the keen northerly. If the cloud stays away probably a late max given the breeze.

Just hit 26°C here. I do see a lot of cloud toward the East, though.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
1 hour ago, 38.7°C said:

Perfect summer morning in Cheshire under blue skies and zero cloud riight now. Feeling hot while in the sunshine but chilly and cool in the shade. Only 21c. 

I'm in Wilmslow and it doesn't feel chilly in the slightest- 23.5C at Rostherne at 12pm.

On 14/07/2021 at 10:16, Alderc said:

Just thought I’d let everyone know to expect a terrible spell of weather 31st July - 3rd August. This is absolutely 100% nailed on as I’ve planned a few days in Torquay. 

It’s like I’m a oracle, or more likely a magnet for crap weather. 

Charts look anything like that next weekend for the following weekend and Torquay will 100% not be getting a penny of my money. 

111AFE4D-65B9-48FE-8322-565D084DE420.thumb.png.94b28f27f38bf6bfefa8ea9a43160011.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer
17 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Charts look anything like that next weekend for the following weekend and Torquay will 100% not be getting a penny of my money. 

111AFE4D-65B9-48FE-8322-565D084DE420.thumb.png.94b28f27f38bf6bfefa8ea9a43160011.png

First day of Meteorological Augtumn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer
23 minutes ago, Scorcher said:

I'm in Wilmslow and it doesn't feel chilly in the slightest- 23.5C at Rostherne at 12pm.

Here in Macclesfield is often is 2/3c cooler than neighbouring towns because we're right on the outskirts of the Pennines. Closest weather station to me is Leek thorncliffe, probably the coolest place in Cheshire 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Nice to see blue skies here today, though the tragic situation in Germany and Belgium makes me wonder why I was ever complaining about it being cloudy.

You could be forgiven for thinking this street was part of a Willy Wonka Theme Park if you were unaware of how tragic things were over in Germany at present....

Posted
8 minutes ago, 38.7°C said:

Here in Macclesfield is often is 2/3c cooler than neighbouring towns because we're right on the outskirts of the Pennines. Closest weather station to me is Leek thorncliffe, probably the coolest place in Cheshire 

Yes if you're in Macclesfield that's fair enough- a bit higher up there too.

Posted

Another fine day. Already 23.7°C at the nearest weather station, with over 5 hours of sun already. Exactly the same temp indoors too. Looking at the forecast another week of this weather to get through yet before we get anything cooler. Groan!

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 1

Posted

Oh baby it's gorgeous outside! 25c little baby bubbly wubbly clouds. It's just perfect!Long long overdue!! Thank you northerners for suffering so we can finally see some sun! I love you all. Mwah!

• Thanks 1

Posted
8 hours ago, Weather-history said:

A dry St Swithin's Day 

Nooooooooooooo!

56 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Oooooooo lovely green snot yes please.

33 minutes ago, Timmytour said:

Nice to see blue skies here today, though the tragic situation in Germany and Belgium makes me wonder why I was ever complaining about it being cloudy.

You could be forgiven for thinking this street was part of a Willy Wonka Theme Park if you were unaware of how tragic things were over in Germany at present....

Must be absolutely terrifying. We never get flooding like that in the U.K.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
8 hours ago, markyo said:
_119444125_gettyimages-1232021180.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Public Heath England wants people to look out for those who may be at risk in warmer weather.

Thankfully it looks like my area will escape the worst this weekend, mid 20's. But still enough to keep me indoors and sheltering! Its also well timed as well, being the weekend, far easier to avoid going out in it!

Will spend most of the time indoors too. They’ll be telling us we must stay in our homes whenever there’s a heatwave next, the nanny state that we now live in...

After literally not moving from my desk since 8:15 I just popped out the front and for the first time the middle of June it actually feels warm!