Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
7 minutes ago, Alderc said:

After the huge amounts of rain this morning the sun now out for the first time in three days, surprisingly warm and humid, 22.5C with 20C dew point. 

Still waiting ... cloud city ... just scrapping 20c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
20 minutes ago, Alderc said:

After the huge amounts of rain this morning the sun now out for the first time in three days, surprisingly warm and humid, 22.5C with 20C dew point. 

I was just taking a closer look at my graph. 70mm fell between 3:30am and 8:30am here. 13mm fell in 15 minutes and 25.2mm in under an hour, between those times. Currently at 76mm.

• Like 1

Posted

I have to admit, this has been a very poor spell of weather since mid June up until now for the london region.

Hopefully we will see an improvement with sunnier and warmer days coming up.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Sitting here working from home I suddenly become aware of how dark it had become.  Imagining the time to be around half past eight I marvelled at the intensity of my working which had seen  several hours pass in the blink of an eye.

I was genuinely shocked to see it was in fact only half past four!! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
14 minutes ago, Timmytour said:

Sitting here working from home I suddenly become aware of how dark it had become.  Imagining the time to be around half past eight I marvelled at the intensity of my working which had seen  several hours pass in the blink of an eye.

I was genuinely shocked to see it was in fact only half past four!! 

I notice that as well. It is more like October than July, have lights on indoors again.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Started raining last night ,heavy rain this morning and although lighter rain it hasnt stopped all day and doesnt look like any time soon.Shocking for high summer!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Really hoping this upcoming spell of uncomfortable weather for working in is short livid, i get why folk like this type of weather, its Summer, but for the likes of myself it really impacts on the day's work, the sooner it returns to more of the akin to what we've had the better. Thankfully it is not looking that extended so i'm keeping my fingers crossed. This Summer has been very good so far, by far one of the better ones so i suppose i've been spoilt!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

Can hear rumbles of thunder while at work in the City of London. 

Sounds like its further West, maybe 5-10 miles away. Its become very dark outside.

Had thunder and lightning here in east Herts for the last hour or so.  There's been a call for people to help out with buckets for some houses in a road nearby which are at the bottom of a dip     

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
4 hours ago, Mapantz said:

I was just taking a closer look at my graph. 70mm fell between 3:30am and 8:30am here. 13mm fell in 15 minutes and 25.2mm in under an hour, between those times. Currently at 76mm.

Must have been absolutely torrential! You probably didnt get much sleep with that lot hammering down on your roof!

Posted
3 hours ago, Sunny76 said:

I have to admit, this has been a very poor spell of weather since mid June up until now for the london region.

Hopefully we will see an improvement with sunnier and warmer days coming up.

It is forecast to get warmer and sunnier next week. Happy with the sunnier part not so happy about the warmer part!

2 hours ago, al78 said:

I notice that as well. It is more like October than July, have lights on indoors again.

The weather has been poor. But it's much warmer than it would be in October.

1 hour ago, markyo said:

Really hoping this upcoming spell of uncomfortable weather for working in is short livid, i get why folk like this type of weather, its Summer, but for the likes of myself it really impacts on the day's work, the sooner it returns to more of the akin to what we've had the better. Thankfully it is not looking that extended so i'm keeping my fingers crossed. This Summer has been very good so far, by far one of the better ones so i suppose i've been spoilt!

It's uncomfortable already thanks to the warm nights and high humidity. At least with this upcoming high pressure spell we will have clearer skies so should be much lower humdity and relatevely cool nights.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 1

Posted

A horrible afternoon here with almost persistent heavy rain, probably the same band of rain that gave you guys a soaking last night and yesterday. The air is so damp I can actually see my breath outside, despite being relatively mild at 16C.

On the plus side managed to get bedroom temp down to 21.5C so hopefully a better nights sleep tonight.

This evenings ECM probably the warmest  model output of the summer, I think we’re going to well into the 30s by Monday-Wednesday next week. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 minute ago, Alderc said:

This evenings ECM probably the warmest  model output of the summer, I think we’re going to well into the 30s by Monday-Wednesday next week. 

Yep - Looking forward to it!

I've got some mini projects to do with my pond, so it'll be ideal!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Not looking extended? Theres more output toying with the spell lasting to the end of July than it toying with it breaking down early. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Oh god please noooooooo!  Hope its wrong.

4 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Yep - Looking forward to it!

I've got some mini projects to do with my pond, so it'll be ideal!

That require 30C heat?

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale

Definitely looking forward to the upcoming warm spell, bit how unlucky has it been for thunder here this summer.. had 1 day so far.  2 days of near misses (today and 28th June) where storms have been within 25 miles, and general thundery potential which has never materialised, despite a trough quite often to the SE.  Can't think of a worse summer from a storms perspective so far

Posted

Can’t wait for the 25c weather and sunshine to take the place of this rubbish cloudy weather which has been dominant for so long.

Proper hot days, to make it feel like summer.

This current unsettled stuff can wait until late September. 

People who are already complaining about the upcoming warm spell, need to just put up with it and toughen up. We had to deal with the cold and damp outstaying it’s welcome well into May this year.

No sympathy whatsoever from me if the heat is too much.

• Like 4

Posted
6 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Can’t wait for the 25c weather and sunshine to take the place of this rubbish cloudy weather which has been dominant for so long.

As long as it doesn't go any higher than that, which at the moment is looking very doubtful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
29 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Proper hot days, to make it feel like summer.

This current unsettled stuff can wait until late September. 

People who are already complaining about the upcoming warm spell, need to just put up with it and toughen up. We had to deal with the cold and damp outstaying it’s welcome well into May this year.

No sympathy whatsoever from me if the heat is too much.

I'll take 25-30C over the last three weeks of dross. It will boost my warm weather crops significantly. If it is hgot by day but the nights are relatively fresh, that is fine for comfort as I can sleep easily. It is when my house is still 26C past midnight that it gets uncomfortable.

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, al78 said:

I'll take 25-30C over the last three weeks of dross. It will boost my warm weather crops significantly. If it is hgot by day but the nights are relatively fresh, that is fine for comfort as I can sleep easily. It is when my house is still 26C past midnight that it gets uncomfortable.

I personally find anything above 21/22C uncomfortable for sleeping.

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Alderc said:

ECM next Thursday would lead to some violent storms. Plus I’d say Tmax would be in the 33-35C range, mmmm warmth!

Are we going to get the storms I wonder?

Posted
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

As long as it doesn't go any higher than that, which at the moment is looking very doubtful.

Granted, once it hits 30c in London or away from the coast, it does begin to feel too hot, but the heat this year has been in short supply, so we could do with some.

I think we became more accustomed to the hot weather in 2018, as it stuck around for weeks on end, with the occasional cool blip for a few days at a time every couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

Posted

Bedroom temp down to 21°C after a cool and wet day, had the window wide open all day as well. Feels much cooler and fresher. Unfortunately it won’t last due to the upcoming warm/hot spell, but August will soon be here which should give us some cool unsettled weather, it nearly always does.