Jump to content
Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

Summer 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter


Recommended Posts

Posted
  • Location: Torquay Marina
  • Weather Preferences: Sun
  • Location: Torquay Marina
    22 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

    So is the 30C on for today? Some places already around 20C - so surely it’s possible if it stays clear?

    Its begun. Temps at 08:40am.

     

    Edit: I was just on xcweather looking at the winds for today which will remain very light, and noticed cloud was expected around London by early afternoon.

     

     

    Temps.jpg

    Edited by TQWX
    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 2.9k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Popular Posts

    Moving out of my flat and into a house in the countryside with a garden this week. This weekend is going to be a glorious one to sit out in my new garden!

    Now I'm in a house in a quiet village with a garden, I can finally appreciate the summer evenings. Just sitting in the garden enjoying the lingering twilight and watching the swifts swoop and scream.

    Time for a reality check. We live in Northern Europe, not the Mediterranean. Manage your expectations; we won’t have 30 degrees and blue skies every day. Even if the weather is great, you’ll be moanin

    Posted Images

    Posted
  • Location: Between Sidmouth and Exeter
  • Location: Between Sidmouth and Exeter

    Not too bad here on Thursday and Friday as we were just about in the shadow of Dartmoor. Sunny intervals, feeling warm/muggy in the sun but cooler at times when there was more cloud. About 21C. Could probably describe it as 'nether here nor there' weather. A few miles to my west towards Exeter, it was more like 23C which contrasted with Plymouth being 15/16C. 

    I can see why some on the south coast were disappointed recently though, some nice days/afternoon here had cloud to my east.

    Yesterday turned into a stunning day with a max of 23.2C. if I ignore my interest in meteorology or the novelty of feeling higher temperatures, I don't really need it any warmer tbh.

    Another stunning morning today, already 21.2C although a light onshore breeze will put a cap on that.

     

    Edited by Evening thunder
    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Telford, 160m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Cold, Thunder
  • Location: Telford, 160m asl

    Ugh stupid Cheshire Gap, stuck under a blanket of cloud here! I can see the edge of it over towards Wolverhampton, but it's not getting any closer 😭

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Winter=Gloomy Manchester. Summer=LV-426. Other=Azeroth
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.
  • Location: Winter=Gloomy Manchester. Summer=LV-426. Other=Azeroth

    My temp scale

    15 c or below - nice

    15 - 20 c  - getting a bit  warm

    20 c or above - no.

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Bournemouth
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, Very Warm, Warm! Sunshine & TS
  • Location: Bournemouth

    Temps peaked at 23C, already fallen back to 22C as a strong southerly has kicked in unusually early. Annoying.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Shrewsbury
  • Location: Shrewsbury
    27 minutes ago, GokouD said:

    Ugh stupid Cheshire Gap, stuck under a blanket of cloud here! I can see the edge of it over towards Wolverhampton, but it's not getting any closer 😭

    Yep completely cloudy here, just seems to have appeared from nowhere since it was clear at 2am. And its just Shropshire and Cheshire and NE Wales by the look of the satellite. Not the first time I've seen this!

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Telford, 160m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Cold, Thunder
  • Location: Telford, 160m asl
    11 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

    Yep completely cloudy here, just seems to have appeared from nowhere since it was clear at 2am. And its just Shropshire and Cheshire and NE Wales by the look of the satellite. Not the first time I've seen this!

    It does look like it's slowly melting away from the west, probably going to hang on here for as long as possible though haha.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Staines, UK or Prague, Czech Republic
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
  • Location: Staines, UK or Prague, Czech Republic

    Disappointing weather here this weekend. Yesterday had loads of clouds and showers, but reached 25°C. Today, it’s feeling chilly with plenty of cloud and a keen NW’ly wind. It’s only 14°C at midday - 🤢 Satellite pics show the cloud well.

    B22653A6-1F58-4733-BEEC-34B48410E750.png

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Telford, 160m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Cold, Thunder
  • Location: Telford, 160m asl

    Here we go, that's more like it 🙂 Warming up nicely.

    20210613_113531.jpg

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Bewdley, Worcs; 90m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
  • Location: Bewdley, Worcs; 90m asl
    45 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

    Yep completely cloudy here, just seems to have appeared from nowhere since it was clear at 2am. And its just Shropshire and Cheshire and NE Wales by the look of the satellite. Not the first time I've seen this!

    And parts of Worcestershire! Almost midday and we're only now starting to get very very hazy sunshine. Still only a few tiny actual blue breaks, though. A pretty warm feel already, but some proper sun before lunchtime (as repeatedly forecast) would really have been nice. And we haven't had it. Again.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Maidstone, Kent
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!
  • Location: Maidstone, Kent

    Looks like we won't be reaching the 30c mark today meaning that stat will live for another year!

    Looking at other 30c days in mid June you need temps 25c or above at 11am for it to reach that mark in the mid afternoon.

    Today we're a couple of degrees below and cloud is appearing as well so 28c us the more likely max. 

    Still, we could beat the daily record and it's still a lovely summers day!

    And on that note, time to get off my phone!

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: howth,east dublin city
  • Weather Preferences: extremes
  • Location: howth,east dublin city

    Beautiful sunny weather and warm too this morning until 10 30 am now very cool and dark with awful laden skies,I give up as this was mot forecast but as many say it is the part of the world we are placed.

    • Thanks 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Sible Hedingham, North Essex
  • Location: Sible Hedingham, North Essex
    9 minutes ago, Bradley in Kent said:

    Looks like we won't be reaching the 30c mark today meaning that stat will live for another year!

    Looking at other 30c days in mid June you need temps 25c or above at 11am for it to reach that mark in the mid afternoon.

    Today we're a couple of degrees below and cloud is appearing as well so 28c us the more likely max. 

    Still, we could beat the daily record and it's still a lovely summers day!

    And on that note, time to get off my phone!

    I’ve seen 23C at midday get to 30C by 4pm. Unusual, but subtle changes in wind direction can have an impact.

    Edited by Djdazzle
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Pendle, East Lancashire, North West England
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
  • Location: Pendle, East Lancashire, North West England
    1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

    Disappointing weather here this weekend. Yesterday had loads of clouds and showers, but reached 25°C. Today, it’s feeling chilly with plenty of cloud and a keen NW’ly wind. It’s only 14°C at midday - 🤢 Satellite pics show the cloud well.

    B22653A6-1F58-4733-BEEC-34B48410E750.png

    That’s a shame especially as you are abroad you expect better! Yesterday was only 17/18°C here but very sunny and in the very strong sun felt more like 25°C - even in a fairly brisk WNW breeze. Was sat outside eating a 99 flake in just shorts and a t-shirt yesterday at around 7 pm. Was around 16°C and felt pleasant enough in the sun. 
     

    Today mostly cloudy, a gentle breeze and currently 20°C. I’m in NW England so under a lot of cloud as the map shows. Temp forecast to reach 23°C today so not really a heatwave here (still around 5°C above average though).

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Pendle, East Lancashire, North West England
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
  • Location: Pendle, East Lancashire, North West England

    A cloudy start here after a mostly clear night. Still mostly cloudy now and relatively cool at 21°C with a gentle westerly breeze. Max temp of 23°C forecast so not really a “heatwave” here. Bit disappointing given the forecast and after a sunny day yesterday as well. Still a few degrees above average though. 

    D4413B2C-3FE1-43E3-8192-495E29C0B6C0.png

    Edited by East Lancs Rain
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: howth,east dublin city
  • Weather Preferences: extremes
  • Location: howth,east dublin city

    Liverpool might break the 30oc enigma

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Bewdley, Worcs; 90m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
  • Location: Bewdley, Worcs; 90m asl

    Still 80% to 90% cloud cover here. At the current rate we won't have proper sunny weather until tea time. It's actually worse weather than yesterday in this part of the world, as temps are about the same but with all the cloud cover it feels much stickier.

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Pendle, East Lancashire, North West England
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
  • Location: Pendle, East Lancashire, North West England
    32 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

    Still 80% to 90% cloud cover here. At the current rate we won't have proper sunny weather until tea time. It's actually worse weather than yesterday in this part of the world, as temps are about the same but with all the cloud cover it feels much stickier.

    Completely overcast here, barely had any sun at all today, and despite the temperature actually being a few degrees higher than it was yesterday, it doesn’t feel it due to the complete lack of sun. It takes away the summery vibe as well. Just goes to show that temperature doesn’t mean everything in the summer. Sunshine and rainfall amounts are so much more important, especially to the overall feel of the weather. It can be 17° and sunny with light winds and feel tropical, it can be 23° but thick clouds, drizzle and a fresh breeze and feel cool. I know which I’d rather have. 
     

    Very disappointing given the forecast. There’s still time for the Sun to make an appearance, but time is running out.

    Edited by East Lancs Rain
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Telford, 160m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Cold, Thunder
  • Location: Telford, 160m asl
    36 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

    Still 80% to 90% cloud cover here. At the current rate we won't have proper sunny weather until tea time. It's actually worse weather than yesterday in this part of the world, as temps are about the same but with all the cloud cover it feels much stickier.

    Yup, I thought it was clearing up where I am, the low cloud shifted, only to be replaced with endless cumulus. I really thought it was going to be a proper paddling pool in the garden scorcher today, but it's all a bit meh.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Staines, UK or Prague, Czech Republic
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
  • Location: Staines, UK or Prague, Czech Republic
    1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

    That’s a shame especially as you are abroad you expect better! Yesterday was only 17/18°C here but very sunny and in the very strong sun felt more like 25°C - even in a fairly brisk WNW breeze. Was sat outside eating a 99 flake in just shorts and a t-shirt yesterday at around 7 pm. Was around 16°C and felt pleasant enough in the sun. 
     

    Today mostly cloudy, a gentle breeze and currently 20°C. I’m in NW England so under a lot of cloud as the map shows. Temp forecast to reach 23°C today so not really a heatwave here (still around 5°C above average though).

    It’s a one day blip, thankfully. Sunny and 24°C tomorrow then getting some proper heat towards the end of the week for a few days, before a thundery breakdown 👍🏻
    Fingers crossed that pointless cloud clears your location soon, it’s such an irritation in summer.

    • Thanks 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Pendle, East Lancashire, North West England
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
  • Location: Pendle, East Lancashire, North West England
    51 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

    It’s a one day blip, thankfully. Sunny and 24°C tomorrow then getting some proper heat towards the end of the week for a few days, before a thundery breakdown 👍🏻
    Fingers crossed that pointless cloud clears your location soon, it’s such an irritation in summer.

    Sun finally starting to break through here.

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: manchester
  • Weather Preferences: Summer & Winter
  • Location: manchester

    Tomorrow my weather app is just 17C here while 29C in London. I've never seen such a big contrast in such a short distance.  BBC news will probably run the usual "hottest day of the year" stories with pictures of kids playing in water fountains and adults eating ice cream while those outside London wonder what all the fuss is about 

    • Like 3
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Pendle, East Lancashire, North West England
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
  • Location: Pendle, East Lancashire, North West England
    2 minutes ago, 38.7°C said:

    Tomorrow my weather app is just 17C here while 29C in London. I've never seen such a big contrast in such a short distance.  BBC news will probably run the usual "hottest day of the year" stories with pictures of kids playing in water fountains and adults eating ice cream while those outside London wonder what all the fuss is about 

    NW/SE split in full swing. At least Tuesday and Wednesday are forecast to be fairly warm though.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Torquay Marina
  • Weather Preferences: Sun
  • Location: Torquay Marina

    Had to come indoors as I could feel myself burning despite upping the sunscreen to factor 30. I hope those who have'nt had great weather this weekend get something nice soon. Here its been the best weekend of the year so far. Some pics of the sky earlier:

     

    Torquay Marina June 2021.JPG

    Torquay Waterfront Vista.JPG

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: sheffield
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,hot,cold,windy you name it
  • Location: sheffield

    Certainly a trapped indoor day today for me! Far to hot out in strong June sunshine to be even remotely useable...least the footies on i suppose!

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...