Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion 9th April onwards

I'm not sure if I'm making this up but the models do seem to get a let aggressive with cut-off lows around 120-144hrs, we're in that sort of zone now and nothing other my gut says any breakdown will be weaker or later than currently shown. 

Posted
27 minutes ago, Alderc said:

I'm not sure if I'm making this up but the models do seem to get a let aggressive with cut-off lows around 120-144hrs, we're in that sort of zone now and nothing other my gut says any breakdown will be weaker or later than currently shown. 

I hope so @Alderc, especially around Bournemouth! Come on the sun! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!

ECM also going with a possibly sustainable longer term pattern of settled summer weather at T192:

3830936E-9C18-4608-BBBA-053C86D94D73.thumb.gif.6d8ea6722c7e2e759b5feb7e8f760c57.gif

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

If the thundery low clears through by the middle of next week and pressure rebuilds then I’ll take it. If it leads to unsettled weather again then it’ll be a big letdown! Most of the output favours a rebuild so let’s hope it comes to fruition.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

The Good news is the ECM 12z operational is predominantly anticyclonic & warm, just a little trough activity and day 10 is warmer than the 0z!...amazing what a glass half full can do..or even a glass full or 5 of Stella..hiccup..   !!   ☀️ 

5DA515E6-14FC-4DA7-9373-66CCF7209C36.thumb.png.c29899463922c49aca69555c40e43cc3.png29EB9CE4-AC91-4559-8A40-7196CCB8C289.jpeg.ee5a40f83245ed4b97e72bdd372b5d85.jpeg

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!

JMA delivers too, T264:

97DD146E-48EA-43CA-A6DA-44F7C10843A6.thumb.gif.9f043f639f0cd7698e60189433ec2457.gif

The runs wax and wane don’t they?  But the bigger picture change is to the trough anchored out west allowing the Azores ridge to build towards us.  That is now constant in the models, and maybe reflects high AAM paying out:

B40F19BB-E87F-4684-9B98-FA3469042EF1.thumb.png.36fee122c72934423d6c6e7f23718adc.png

Very confident now about a warm or hot spell into June.  Uncertainty still over potential for plumes and thunderstorms, I think, still uncertainty over where the trough sets up to our west, i.e. how close…

Edited by Mike Poole
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Here's hoping for a warm sunny summer with cool nights and crappy humid weather staying where it should be.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

Here's hoping for a warm sunny summer with cool nights and crappy humid weather staying where it should be.

this is a sentiment i can agree with

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Alderc said:

Those lows are never straightforward, are they. I think we're set till Wednesday, when we may breach 80F for the first time this year, and then it's a bit uncertain for a few days but like to turn warm again behind the trough even if it does reach us.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
2 hours ago, samwx said:

Gfs 18z is an improvement on the 12z 

Looks like high pressure may build again straight after any breakdown

12z vs 18z (144h) - 

GFSOPEU12_150_1 (1).png

GFSOPEU18_144_1 (2).png

More energy digs SE and a LP forms over Europe

image.thumb.png.62e593aa0e55b94b2476ab85fea49ae9.png

18z is a humid and damp run tbh.

Ensembles look fairly wet after the initial pressure build too- though most likely a lot of chop and changing still to come!

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Nothing nasty lurking the GFS's woodshed, this morno . . . a longish spell of warmer-than-average weather beckons:

h500slp.png     h850t850eu.png

What I could really do with, now, is one of @Tamara's amazing missives!???

And a nice steady-as-you-go set of GEFS 00Z ensembles:

t850Bedfordshire.png     t2mBedfordshire.png

Edited by Ed Stone
added ensembles
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Majority of the models possibly reducing the likelihood of an aggressive breakdown next week, as the low coming up from the Bay of Biscay appears to be shallower than previous runs. Currently, will lead to a few 'cooler' days but a return to warmer temperatures look likely into next weekend.

• Like 1

Posted

Cross model agreement on the ens beyond day 11/12 (that’s notable at such a range) of a mean upper ridge in our part of the NH - that could be centred between e Atlantic and scandi - quite varied outcomes for the U.K.  but that’s a strong signal for the pattern to remain blocked. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Posted
39 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

Cross model agreement on the ens beyond day 11/12 (that’s notable at such a range) of a mean upper ridge in our part of the NH - that could be centred between e Atlantic and scandi - quite varied outcomes for the U.K.  but that’s a strong signal for the pattern to remain blocked. 

Thanks Blue...

I'm getting 1996 deja vu ...ironically enough England hosted the Euros that June too..

• Like 2

Posted
39 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Thanks Blue...

I'm getting 1996 deja vu ...ironically enough England hosted the Euros that June too..

1996 wax a pretty good summer, although it tends to be forgotten as it directly followed the historic summer of 1995.

Positive output this morning - breakdown downgraded somewhat and high pressure never far away.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, bluearmy said:

I have a feeling that, with all that hot air over the European mainland, we'll see a very blocked summer. Not that that said blocking will always be in the 'right' place, though!

• Like 5

Posted
9 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

1996 wax a pretty good summer, although it tends to be forgotten as it directly followed the historic summer of 1995.

Positive output this morning - breakdown downgraded somewhat and high pressure never far away.

We had a German lad (Mateus?) staying with us for the early rounds of Euro 96. Fortunately (for him at least!) he'd returned home by the time the semi-finals came along!

Anywho, Germans, Scots and Sassenachs spending time either watching, or playing, footy together (in gloriously sunny weather!) will always be one of my fondest memories!

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

Well, I’ve just looked through the GEFS 6z..including the mean!.....and at no time is it as trough dominated..or as cold!..not like in MAY..nothing like! For sure there’s some unsettled members but I think you would find, even in a red hot summer, like1976.. for example ... ..if they existed!..there would be at least a few crap members!...anyway..spring is almost behind us..thank god!..and summer is just a few days ahead of us..good, bad, indifferent!..it’s almost here! ...as for me, I hope it’s a good one..you may not agree with me but you can’t dispute my hope that summer 2021 is a good one, perhaps even very good!!!   ⛈ ? 

1FEB2F33-19EF-44C6-B5AE-004A17D5ACE7.thumb.png.b1005cc77c9e7604fefa87d93025d6ad.pngEEF43011-684F-4396-B0DD-0A9A7E6D1F28.thumb.png.28be44659ba2551302693e6e72c15a13.png

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Er right.....I think JS is saying that the UKMO run is not bad and quite warm. (Not that I speak German)

Meanwhile the 12Z GFS is a bit cooler towards the later stages compared with the 6Z with HP not so prominent over the UK allowing a bit of a trough to encroach, although it does recover again from the Azores somewhat near the end.  

image.thumb.png.17d5037d67ce6d091414f28b5d36e143.pngimage.thumb.png.a99bb343de3e7af56abb4bdc01084501.png

We have the warm spell and thundery bit in the bag I think, however more uncertainty after that, although nothing too desperate it would seem....

Edited by minus10
  • Like 6