Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and convective discussion - 1st April 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
48 minutes ago, Robbie Garrett said:

Different angle. Proper monster. Hopefully aided by the UHI effect.

I can tell you're using the full 108MP sensor! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms
37 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I can tell you're using the full 108MP sensor! 

Haha how on earth did you know   They've just updated the software too, so they say the picture should be better.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Looks like I’m now right under the low, can see the big CB towards NE Norfolk heading N, and out west, showers heading in the complete opposite direction! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
24 minutes ago, Robbie Garrett said:

Haha how on earth did you know   They've just updated the software too, so they say the picture should be better.

Sammy S21U? Exynos?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

Sammy S21U? Exynos?

Oh the forum software tells you  

Galaxy-S21-Ultra-review-8.jpg
WWW.SAMMOBILE.COM

Samsung’s been rolling out the April 2021 security patch to countless Galaxy devices for a few weeks now, but it’s time for the company to switch gears, introduce a newer security update, and repeat the process of...

Posted
17 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Looks like I’m now right under the low, can see the big CB towards NE Norfolk heading N, and out west, showers heading in the complete opposite direction! 

There’s been almost the full compass of wind direction here today.

Southerly early then SW’ly after the first downpour. A slow change to Westerly with sunshine then more heavy showers around midday.

Further showers mid afternoon followed by a clearance from the NW and within the last half hour the heaviest rain of the day and the wind is now N/NE! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

Big menacing cloudscapes from passing thunderstorms today here in Northamptonshire.⛈
53C2F398-1EEC-47A6-8BBF-7BE904F0E43F.thumb.jpeg.b277b3ef48bb8e6372ec976726d550b5.jpegDE781165-54BE-4F16-B30C-A04F8FD32335.thumb.jpeg.b072161a31e77b4b9c71e4843b91e33e.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
28 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

There’s been almost the full compass of wind direction here today.

Southerly early then SW’ly after the first downpour. A slow change to Westerly with sunshine then more heavy showers around midday.

Further showers mid afternoon followed by a clearance from the NW and within the last half hour the heaviest rain of the day and the wind is now N/NE! 

Indeed, a very interesting day of weather! 

Its flat calm here at the moment, and being circled by CB’s as if I’m in the eye!  Watching for any U-turns of the heavy showers in the next hour! Most recent downpour was straight up from the S, the ones which I can see just to the SE have stalled, and now a big line of showers leaving Lincolnshire heading back SE having previously drifted out of Norfolk earlier! A bizarre day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Not sure if this thing over Lincoln was a funnel cloud.

IMG_6583.JPG

IMG_6584.JPG

IMG_6585.JPG

IMG_6586.JPG

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

@ Thundery wintry showers 

Could be something on your lens, doesn't seem to be attached to anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

That's what was particularly strange about it, it didn't seem to be attached to anything.  But it definitely looked like that when I was observing the cloud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist
4 hours ago, Thundery wintry showers said:

That's what was particularly strange about it, it didn't seem to be attached to anything.  But it definitely looked like that when I was observing the cloud.

Perhaps it's a dissipating horseshoe vortex? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Caught this cell yesterday forgot to upload it. 

IMG_20210524_162630.jpg

IMG_20210524_162702.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Day 1 Convective Outlook

VALID 06:00 UTC Tue 25 May 2021 - 05:59 UTC Wed 26 May 2021

ISSUED 07:19 UTC Tue 25 May 2021

ISSUED BY: Dan

Upper trough lingers over central and northwest Europe on Tuesday, with the associated cold pool creating an unstable environment and yielding 300-500 J/kg CAPE in response to diurnal heating. The main trough axis and coldest mid-level air will be found in a zone from NW Scotland down to the Humber, and so it is this corridor that has the best potential for deep convection and some lightning activity. Areas of rain initially will likely turn increasingly convective through the day, and a few sporadic lightning strikes are likely - particularly S / SW Scotland and northern England, perhaps also East Anglia. A couple of low-end SLGTs (25-30% chance) have been issued, but in general the coverage of lightning is likely less than the past couple of days. Showers are also likely elsewhere, such as south Wales and SE England, but here the depth of convection will tend to be notably shallower and so the risk of lightning is lower. 

http://convectiveweather.co.uk/forecast.php?date=2021-05-25

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

Lovely pictures in this thread.

As for my experience, throughtout this whole period we've had some heavy showers pass over but absolutely no storms. Nothing's gone live here, yet the same cells have drifted off and as soon as they've got out of range they've fired up on radar. Had the opposite happen as well - active cells headed straight toward me but as soon as they have got to within spitting distance they have died. Extremely frustrating, especially when you're in the firing line for five days straight yet get absolutely nothing.  My only storm action for this year remains the four flahes and bangs on May 5th. Hope this isn't going to turn out to be yet another disapointing year. ☹️ We badly need some storm action around here, it's been a real deadzone for storms for the past four years now.

Edited by Windblade

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
33 minutes ago, Windblade said:

As for my experience, throughtout this whole period we've had some heavy showers pass over but absolutely no storms. Nothing's gone live here, yet the same cells have drifted off and as soon as they've got out of range they've fired up on radar. Had the opposite happen as well - active cells headed straight toward me but as soon as they have got to within spitting distance they have died. Extremely frustrating, especially when you're in the firing line for five days straight yet get absolutely nothing.  My only storm action for this year remains the four flahes and bangs on May 5th. Hope this isn't going to turn out to be yet another disapointing year. ☹️ We badly need some storm action around here, it's been a real deadzone for storms for the past four years now.

Kent clippers have become more Eastern by the Year just look at that morning storm and then evening storm when the French gave us some imports does this have anything to do with weather or just bad luck? 

Posted
19 hours ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

I do indeed! Back in 2016 I believe that was. That was pretty epic. 

Haven’t had a storm comparable since, i’ve never seen torrential rain that compares to it, the streets were all rivers in seconds. I remember it stopping and going outside, and you could see a cloud to ground wall of rain moving towards us again, never seen anything like it! Also can’t forget the strong rotation that we spotted just as it was clearing away, a funnel cloud was spotted not long after just off the coast 20 minutes away

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
3 hours ago, Windblade said:

Same here haven't even had any heavy showers really mainly light. Haven't heard thunder since August last year. Hope this year makes up for last year's quiet season.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Zak has got his storm magnet on overdrive, these have appeared from sod all an hour ago.

Screenshot_20210525-190900_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Small line of active showers north of London/home counties. Packs a punch, even some hail...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Oh yes... this is also from Monday, in the evening. A nice shelf cloud along with some decent hailstones.

Edited by Zak M
  • Like 6