Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - March 2021 onwards

Posted

After all the rain today it’s finally cleared up and much calmer. Making up for all the dry weather we had August and September now. Driving home tonight I could see very distant cumulonimbus clouds towards the coast with all anvils clearly seen due the sunset and clear skies. Should have took a photo really did look good and by judging by the current rainfall radar these clouds are beyond Islay must be 90/100 miles away.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Was up in Aberdeen today where it was feeling just a tad chilly down at the esplanade in the strong wind with some heavy bursts of rain in the afternoon. Back home to cloud and lighter rain showers but also chilly in the wind. Max here was 11.4C.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Fog and 4c… it’s chuffin  freezin!! 
is it Winter ?

Edited by DR(S)NO
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Head still pounding and now full of the cold also. Looking a better day outside though, being just damp now rather than soaking wet as it was for most of yesterday. A flash of brightness has just broken through.

Temperature currently max for the day at 10.5⁰C up from a minimum of 4.3⁰C at 00:45, humidity is 90%, wind 2 to 10mph southwesterly, pressure is 982.6hPa rising slowly, there’s been 5.8mm of rain today and 19.0mm in the last 24 hours, cloud cover is 7/8 with only small and occasional patches of washed-out blue up there.

• Like 4

Posted

The temperature got up to 13.7⁰C at 14:38 and is now 10.2⁰C, the wind got up to 14mph at 19:57, pressure is now 993.7hPa and rising like a rocket, rainfall has increased to 7.3mm for the day and it stayed pretty much overcast all day. None of which concerned me as I was in bed coughing, spluttering and wheezing. And partaking of the occasional aromatic snifter. For the sake of my health.

• Like 1

Posted

Very wet last night until around 3am, thereafter dry with a stiff old SW breeze reminding you constantly that this is now autumn.

A few showers threatened but we missed them; max of 11c.

792718787_t(2).thumb.jpg.40119c061c60eee0bac78ca4aa1b919d.jpg

A glorious glowing sunset...

r.thumb.jpg.d717c78032c94cb25220acc1f8d6102a.jpg

e.thumb.jpg.dc51adcbe96e1e76e6d5d6d8088c05c5.jpg

Edited by Quinach
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Been very bored theast few days so decided to be a right old sad git and go back over a few previous winters threads and boy oh boy was i a miserable barsteward last winter.. well lets hope that with the move back inland and higher altitude i will have a more chilled out winter season this time round.. no doubt i will still find something to moan about..

Oh yes the weather.. 12c max chilly in the wind and the heating has been on the last week but so far only an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening.

Yesterday was a horrible foul day and this morning very wet first thing and the odd shower this afternoon.

Not been in the model thread for some time so may pop in and see if we have our first screaming BFTE in the disntant future.

• Like 5

Posted

A very blustery cool day (5c start maximum 13c) with sporadic rain in the afternoon .Spent the morning  with young Mr Northernlights sorting cows and calves out with the remaining ones to calve brought in to calve under the camera as daylight is so short now. The afternoon was spent with Aurora Storm planting out strawberry runners some of which will find their way to her garden. Also picked some apples as well.

A switch seems to have  been flicked this last week straight to autumn.Love the definite seasons this last 18 months and at the risk of upsetting some people I hope the airline industry never recovers and ground based pollution is lessened as  wel.   The cleaner sky with its vibrant colours has been great to observe in the last year.Even the arctic ice has shown some tentative signs of improvement and as weather enthusiasts  we should all welcome this. We might even get some snow this winter .

• Like 6

Posted

Couple of photos from yesterday's jaunt to the woodland at Ladyurd. Bands of showers 11am - 3pm but had settled down when these were taken except for the very light drizzle in the wind that generated the rainbow!

PXL_20211003_152001404.jpg

PXL_20211003_143918532.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Today started off completely overcast and very dull, now overcast and less dull. Damp, cool, and breezy also.

Maximum temperature was 12.0⁰C at 12:27 up from a minimum of 8.4⁰C at 05:22 and now 11.9⁰C, humidity is 81%, wind 2 to 11mph south-southwesterly, pressure is 999.0hPa steady, there’s been 0.2mm of rain today and 2.2mm in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 8/8 but thinning.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Last night the bbc forecast showed that rain to be across all of the Scotland east coast, that wont be happening   animwnn8.gif 

• Like 1

Posted
On 04/10/2021 at 14:01, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Last night the bbc forecast showed that rain to be across all of the Scotland east coast, that wont be happening   animwnn8.gif 

They said that at 12:55pm just now! Truth is it'll probably be somewhere in between...

• Like 2

Posted

The sky continued to clear throughout the afternoon until by teatime the cloud cover was 1/8 and sunshine ruled the roost. I can now see a star to my northeast. A single star. I don’t know what it thinks it’s contributing except, obviously, twenty-eight words to this report. Humidity, wind, pressure and rainfall all remained very much unchanged since lunchtime. Temperature is now 5.9⁰C.

• Like 1

Posted

Very pleasant day.

Max of 14c, generally light winds and good spells of sunshine.

The lower sun these days does allow a different quality to the light.

as.thumb.jpg.ae44aedf58eb479c79a618acaff69216.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

@shuggee the one time I mention a TV forecast looking like being off the mark and they've nailed it

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Greetings fellow Kilties! I have returned from a sojourn to the Far East........ Crail! Spent a week there with family and had very mixed weather including t-shirt, sunshiney days. Back in Skye to drizzle, a touch of windiness and damned cauld! Temp down to 4.3c last night. Soon be time for the leccy blanket and warmer duvet. Saw geese heading south two weeks ago, and lots more of their pals following today. Winter just around the corner Kilties. I can feel the excitement building! ?️❄️

• Like 6

Posted

Considering that it’s into October I’m willing to forgive the chill, breeze and fluctuating cloud to blueness ratio around just this way or that, plus it’s dry and looks like staying that way, so all in all a fine day to get out for a post-lunch walk. Brace yourselves…

Maximum temperature 13.1⁰C at 12:56 up from a minimum of 5.7⁰C at 06:44 and now 12.7⁰C, humidity is 75%, wind 5 to 13mph north-northwesterly, pressure is 1002.5hPa rising slowly, there’s been 0.2mm of rain today and in the last 24 hours, cloud cover is currently 5/8.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Wet wet wet here today.. a half decent start but it went rapidly down hill.. windy and not the warmest of days either. The heating has been on again today for longer than it has in the last few weeks..

• Like 3

Posted

Yuk, nuff said.  Perfect weather for binge watching Squid Game

• Like 3

Posted

Fantastic bright sunny blue sky morning. Down to -0.5C in village in the car, but garden sensor stuck to 2.0C. 

My sunflowers in the garden didn't fare too well with yesterday's lashing rain and gusty winds. Time for the chop ☹️ 

• Like 6

Posted

Yesterday, mid-morning, I was looking out the sitting room window at the front of the house at a large, manual labour type of gentleman staggering his way down the opposite side of the road, clinging onto every garden and cottage wall he could get his hands on just to keep himself upright. I concluded that it must have been an epic lock-in at the pub over the previous night. In the afternoon I went for a walk but omitted to check my oxygen tank beforehand with the inevitable result that I stupidly ran out of oxygen about three-quarters of a mile from home. The first half a mile wasn’t too bad but once I got onto the last quarter of a mile, on the uphill stretch, things became difficult to the extent that I had to lean on the building walls to keep going. I know what I must have looked like. Note to self…

Today, duly pumped up, I am delighted to look out on a superbly sunny and crisply clear morning that is the very best of mid-autumn. Temperature is 9.0⁰C up from a minimum of 0.2⁰C at 07:05, humidity is 82%, no wind recorded, pressure is 1016.0hPa rising slowly, there’s been no rain today nor in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is a well broken 3/8.

6 Oct 21 2a.jpg

6 Oct 21 3a.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Gorgeous morning here and loads of geese going south over Jedburgh earlier.

• Like 7

Posted
24 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

And we now have something resembling a decent day before tomorrow's rain, I would have posted a pic but it won't upload for some reason.

Pic of something resembling a decent day, for your use and enjoyment.

6 Oct 21 5a.jpg

• Like 5