Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter.

12 hours ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

15c in my gaff at 8pm. You must have a micro climate or summat 

I live in a mobile home, it gets hot when the sun shines in, in summer it usually reaches 35 inside the home and I need all my windows and doors open, but this time of year is perfect, I never put the heating on 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another sunny day here, feels very nice in that sun when out of the vile freezing wind, which doesn’t seem to want to give up and just keeps blowing, day after day. Temperatures pegged back to a disappointing 11°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

The first week of May looks absolutely terrible here, maxes of 12-16c.

Will it ever warm up?

24 minutes ago, B87 said:

The first week of May looks absolutely terrible here, maxes of 12-16c.

Will it ever warm up?

12-16? You’ll be lucky, on the 6th May GFS has maxes around 4-7c in parts of the south. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Alderc said:

12-16? You’ll be lucky, on the 6th May GFS has maxes around 4-7c in parts of the south. 

Comfortably record-breaking for May then! Will it ever actually warm up to average? I don't think I could cope with a summer of 19-21c after this. Are we going to get a repeat of May 2013 or 1996 now as well?

April up to now has been nearly 3c below average here.

Edited by B87

16 minutes ago, B87 said:

Comfortably record-breaking for May then! Will it ever actually warm up to average? I don't think I could cope with a summer of 19-21c after this. Are we going to get a repeat of May 2013 or 1996 now as well?

April up to now has been nearly 3c below average here.

Despite the sun it’s been cold. Given the unanimous cross model agreement I think the chances of anywhere seeing 20c after before the 10th May looks pretty much zero and remote out the middle of May.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Despite the sun it’s been cold. Given the unanimous cross model agreement I think the chances of anywhere seeing 20c after before the 10th May looks pretty much zero and remote out the middle of May.

A May without 20c would be completely unprecedented. Surely we will get a spell of average temps sometime this summer?

Edited by B87

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
8 minutes ago, B87 said:

Surely we will get a spell of average temps sometime this summer?

Its only April for goodness sake!!.....there is 4 months of Summer still to come!

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, markyo said:

Its only April for goodness sake!!.....there is 4 months of Summer still to come!

Yes, and going by long term averages I expect April to have a handful of 20c days and at least a couple of weeks of days where you can sit outside without freezing in any shade or breeze. This month has been almost 3c below average so far. Colder than a typical March!

May looks to be a write off, nothing even close to the 18c average.

Edited by B87

Posted
3 hours ago, Britneyfan said:

I live in a mobile home, it gets hot when the sun shines in, in summer it usually reaches 35 inside the home and I need all my windows and doors open, but this time of year is perfect, I never put the heating on 

That would explain it......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

What a weird April this has been. Yes, it's been sunny, yes it's been dry, but it has rarely felt pleasant to be out in unless you're lucky enough to be in direct sunlight and no breeze. Despite the sunshine, this weekend has been chilly.

May is looking diabolical. Glad I'm working the BH weekend.

• Like 1

Posted

You guys are right. At least it does feel pleasant in the sun, out of the wind, out of the shade, in fifteen layers, extremities covered, sheltered by buildings, next to a fire. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
9 minutes ago, Nick L said:

What a weird April this has been. Yes, it's been sunny, yes it's been dry, but it has rarely felt pleasant to be out in unless you're lucky enough to be in direct sunlight and no breeze. Despite the sunshine, this weekend has been chilly.

May is looking diabolical. Glad I'm working the BH weekend.

Good time to work!

The 6z gfs today has to be one of the worst I’ve seen in ages. Absolute garbage.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Folk sat out as i type in Sheffield, they have for a fortnight now. This has been a really welcome Spring this year weather wise, yes a tad cool for some but the amount of sunshine and no rain coupled with light winds. Great for kids getting out(which is so important), no deluge of rain. I'm struggling to understand why folk are moaning so much, its ONLY April after all. To right off May for warmth now is as daft as righting off November for cold when the clocks go back in October!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
8 minutes ago, markyo said:

Folk sat out as i type in Sheffield, they have for a fortnight now. This has been a really welcome Spring this year weather wise, yes a tad cool for some but the amount of sunshine and no rain coupled with light winds. Great for kids getting out(which is so important), no deluge of rain. I'm struggling to understand why folk are moaning so much, its ONLY April after all. To right off May for warmth now is as daft as righting off November for cold when the clocks go back in October!!!

That's true, Mark . . . and spending three days each week ensconced within a polytunnel does have its merits. Especially at this time of year!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
On 31/03/2021 at 20:17, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

non educated adult chavs would never enter a weather forum

Or younger for that matter 

Posted

I have a feeling we will follow either the pattern of 1984 or 1987. Both Aprils were sunny, but also much warmer than 2021, and were followed by cool dull Mays. 

I hope we at least get to see a warm or hot period around the May 24th to May 31st, which covers my birthday. It’s been almost a guarantee since May 2017, and on and off since May 2009, that the last week or May is often warm and sunny. 

Posted

These guys didn't mind the arctic conditions yesterday! 

image.thumb.png.25749522f137129e2152b2379a1eb8a5.png

Here a few miles inland, another pleasant sunny day today, max 15.4C so at least average for the end of April again.

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

What's the latest date 20 °C has first officially been reached in the UK? Wondering what the odds are that, if we hadn't had that brief warm patch in late March, we could rival that record this year.

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted
19 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

What's the latest date 20 °C has first officially been reached in the UK? Wondering what the odds are that, if we hadn't had that brief warm patch in late March, we could rival that record this year.

The latest first 20c in London was in 1983, when it wasn't breached until 30th May!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Sunny76 said:

I have a feeling we will follow either the pattern of 1984 or 1987. Both Aprils were sunny, but also much warmer than 2021, and were followed by cool dull Mays.

Lets hope the summer is more like 1984. 1987 was an atrocious summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!

Summer 2013 was a fantastic summer here, especially July.  Fingers crossed we get a dramatic change in weather (something that has been very commonplace in recent years) to something much warmer.  It's almost cruel how fantastically sunny it has been here and yet how uncomfortable it is to be out in that nagging cold wind.

• Like 1