Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2021: Moans, Groans, Ramps and Banter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
38 minutes ago, Azazel said:

It’s May 9th and we’ve had one nice day this spring back in March.

Ive never ever seen anything like it. 

Can't speak for those in the south, but we've had a number of excellent days this Spring up here. In fact, the very first day of the (meteorological) season was stunning. A number of days in March were excellent, and April consistently produced sunny weather. May has so far been less sunny, however.

• Like 2

Posted
7 hours ago, Relativistic said:

Can't speak for those in the south, but we've had a number of excellent days this Spring up here. In fact, the very first day of the (meteorological) season was stunning. A number of days in March were excellent, and April consistently produced sunny weather. May has so far been less sunny, however.

I mean we had a very dry April and quite a bit of sunshine but there was a constant absolutely Baltic frigid hurricane force northerly/easterly wind at all times. 

Posted
27 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I mean we had a very dry April and quite a bit of sunshine but there was a constant absolutely Baltic frigid hurricane force northerly/easterly wind at all times. 

That wasn't the case further north, makes a change that it's those in the south of England who have been suffering!

Very sunny here and reasonably warm in the afternoons for much of April. Very cold at night but decent in the afternoons in the sunshine after the first week or so, which was genuinely cold.

• Like 1

Posted

May is your typical June of recent  years. Waiting for the northern blocking to subside....April i found to be  pretty decent over all. 

back to normal now though.. lets hope the weather starts to show signs of improvement  soon. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

The WO forecast for London is now showing temps below average on 13 of the next 14 days, along with above average rainfall and below average sunshine. Absolutely disgraceful for May - a blustery 17c with rain is what I'd expect for the first week of October.

Not even a hint of even 20c, let alone any warmth.

Edited by B87
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Beautiful spring weather here, blue skies and a lovely warm breeze.

Nothing like getting out for a run in the middle of May during the middle of the day wearing multiple layers and gloves and still being cold.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

I cant help but laugh reading through this thread, you would think half of us live in one country and half somewhere completly different!

Its certainly not multiple layers and gloves day, especially if you are out exercising...its lovely and warm out - just have to dodge those beefy showers...

Edited by Wynn D Woo
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I'd say it's pretty springlike out there today in Lincoln, 16C max so far, about average for this time of the year, with sunshine and some sharp showers, and that nippy feeling that's been there almost constantly since the beginning of April has gone.  Spring has a reputation for being showery so I wouldn't call the intermittent downpours unseasonal either.  There were some sferics just west of here about half an hour ago, though I didn't hear any thunder, perhaps it was a little too far away to the west.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

We had thunder and torrential rain here in Leeds. Golden.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

I agree with other southerners moaning in here. This has been one of the worst springs I can ever remember. Yuck!

Plants are really struggling and are weeks behind where they normally are. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

I agree with other southerners moaning in here. This has been one of the worst springs I can ever remember. Yuck!

Plants are really struggling and are weeks behind where they normally are. 

Even spring 2013 had a few short spells of normal weather amongst all the rubbish. We could get to June having had just 2 days of 20c all spring.

Foliage is at least a month behind here.

Edited by B87
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Britneyfan said:

Well I’m in the south east and temps are currently 17 degrees which is average certainly not well below 

Lucky you, you must be east anglia or London as most places are only 11-15c. It’s brightened up here and it’s pretty clear but we’ve only managed to get up to a whooping 14c and still cool in the strong breeze.

Posted

There seems to be a North/South divide in here. Here in the East Midlands, it certainly doesn’t feel ‘cold’ or even ‘cool’. I’d say it feels average, with it feeling warm in the sun and blustery whenever there are any sharp showers around. 

Edited by Josh Rubio

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

had our first real precipitation since Nov 9th here over the weekend rained all day saturday..been nice and sunny since..had no warmth here yet though haven't got to 21c yet this year which is unusual 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Josh Rubio said:

There seems to be a North/South divide in here. Here in the East Midlands, it certainly doesn’t feel ‘cold’ or even ‘cool’. I’d say it feels average, with it feeling warm in the sun and blustery whenever there are any sharp showers around. 

It's 17c here at the moment but it doesn't really feel like May as it's very windy. It feels more like an early October day (but in early October the trees are still green and fully leafed)!

The first week of May here was 4c below the average mean. Temps slightly below average for the forseeable future isn't really suitable payback for that. I want a week with means 4c above average.

Edited by B87

16 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Lucky you, you must be east anglia or London as most places are only 11-15c. It’s brightened up here and it’s pretty clear but we’ve only managed to get up to a whooping 14c and still cool in the strong breeze.

I’m just outside of London m25 essex borders it’s a lovely day tbh 17° which is normal for the time of year, and your 14 isn’t bad right on the coast, I be happy with that and not well below average either, to me well below would be temps struggling to 8 or 9 degrees, 14 is only 2 degrees below what you should be 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Britneyfan said:

I’m just outside of London m25 essex borders it’s a lovely day tbh 17° which is normal for the time of year, and your 14 isn’t bad right on the coast, I be happy with that and not well below average either, to me well below would be temps struggling to 8 or 9 degrees, 14 is only 2 degrees below what you should be 

May average is over 17C here now so 3c below is a pretty large delta. 

Posted
16 minutes ago, Britneyfan said:

The coldest May max on record here is 7.4c, so 8-9c wouldn't just be 'well below' average, it's approaching record territory.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alderc said:

I’m sorry but don’t agree it’s not massively below even if we maintained 3 degrees all summer still looking at 20 or 21 

anyway average day here 17°

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Britneyfan said:

I’m sorry but don’t agree it’s not massively below even if we maintained 3 degrees all summer still looking at 20 or 21 

anyway average day here 17°

And that is how you end up with absolute rubbish like 2007.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
12 minutes ago, Alderc said:

The Mississippi is even bigger than that!:drunk-emoji:

• Like 1