Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
5 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

And we're off running today...currently 25.1°C.. and the beach welll  it is filling rapidly..

Capture.thumb.JPG.5ba7af98de4eeab41c8a5b59c661c314.JPG

And this was the view yesterday..

Capture.thumb.JPG.132d7a981dca1f5448c8a9f496b60686.JPG

Why on Earth would anyone want to go on a crowded beach like that boggles my mind Mr Covid will be having a great time.....

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy
11 hours ago, offerman said:

Morning Kumquat,

Thank you for tagging me on to this sighting. 

I was at sandbanks all day and most of the evening too. When I arrived back i was shattered and went to bed early. 9.45 ish 

been awake since 3am as I was stuffy and Very hot. Tried sleeping since and resisted temptation to look at my phone ( until now). Was about to venture to the storm thread when I noticed your notification.

Sounds very interesting for sure. 

i know there is a display team for drones not far from bath , however, from your description , wind and distance doesn’t sound like they were drones .

Trying to be rational ( as I always do when I see things )  I do know of a father and son who fly planes with multicoloured undercarriage and emitt fireworks / pyrotechnics from their wingtips who present displays around the whole region.  They do displays for weddings, Longleat events, and more… 

they often practise and visit different towns to give free displays while they’re practising. I often see them over heavens gate direction and also towards Stourhead at times. 

Even though I’m very much in to the ufo subject i do argue against some sightings that are put forward as UFOs, Such as the Somerset Standard who kept banging on about a member of the public who filmed what they believed were UFOs toward Cley Hill / Longleat . I proved to the folk on the forum that these were indeed the display planes of the father and son team but posters were still adamant they were UFOs. I zoomed right in with my 82x optical camera ton prove it as I think it’s really important to look at every potential .

From what you said there id also rule out lanterns from the trajectory you mention and longevity. 

Maybe the display team? Possibility. I’d have to look to see where they were practising or any events locations to confirm our rule out this.

Sounds very interesting though none the less. 

I’m not sure about microlights as it sounds quite late for them to be up but I’m no expert about their flight time limits . 

UFOs ?possibly ! That are about and a lot of them at times too . I have been seeing them for the last 25 years and filming them for 17 of those years. 

Thanks again though for sharing your sighting with me. 

P.S If you’re interested , I am hoping to  reschedule my ufo presentation for possible October /November time Pending covid and personal situation. Crazy last 3 years really, lost my dad 10 months ago, since then mum been in hospital 3 times and also had cancer on top of all this. I’m the only one who looks after her and previously my dad too and the year of Agony leading up to my Dads passing really wasn’t pleasant  at all. Hopefully though things will become a little more settle for mum ( I pray for that to give her even a slightly better quality of Life than she’s had for some time) .

All being well I’m aiming for these months.   

take care,  let’s hope for some intense summer storms , more sunshine, then some snow for winter to come  and few more UFOs to boot as well

J

Almost certainly the display planes. They fly over me in Warminster all the time, and the description fits to a T, notably the changing colours. Please see my photos from a few nights ago (taken as spoof ufo shots for fun...)

Offerman - I’m keen to see your talk, or maybe meet for a chat at some point. 

648A847C-3CDE-4F54-8AEA-806005092082.jpeg

2D96C57A-57B4-470A-A8BB-62E245E7CA66.jpeg

D161FD4E-1B43-4E63-804F-10D0CB1A5E29.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

Can't say we reached the "HOT" definition today with 29.0°C at: 13:51, it needs to pop 30C plus before I consider HOT, 29C has been the peak of many summers in the past, so no prize today...

Posted
3 hours ago, warmintim said:

Almost certainly the display planes. They fly over me in Warminster all the time, and the description fits to a T, notably the changing colours. Please see my photos from a few nights ago (taken as spoof ufo shots for fun...)

Yep - spot on - but they were too far away from me to see that they were planes. (And no noise at that distance). Mystery solved! ?️✔️❌

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

That was a scorcher, I am currently sat out on the patio with a beer I love it when we get weather like this. 

20210718_114907.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny and warm all day but not hot as the breeze kept the temperature down a bit. Reached 25.1°C, currently 20.2°C

Posted

Yea was still 20 here! I've had the patio doors open and the front window. Just come down from upstairs where it is 28c in our bedroom. Downstairs it's 22c now. Guess where I'm sleeping tonight ☺️

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
13 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Yea was still 20 here! I've had the patio doors open and the front window. Just come down from upstairs where it is 28c in our bedroom. Downstairs it's 22c now. Guess where I'm sleeping tonight ☺️

Despite not being as hot here today it's still 26°C inside. I can't go downstairs though as I'm in a bungalow  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
25 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Guess where I'm sleeping tonight

I've left the key under the plant pot. 

Down to 18.6°C outside. I can smell the heathland, it's actually really nice. Reminds me of Studland beach.

27.9°C indoors though. 

• Thanks 2

Posted

Morning All, one of those warm temperature nights, was still 17.7°C at midnight and slowly managed to fall to an overnight low of 14.2°C at: 05:42, from which we begin the heat for today. Currently 27.6°C inside which with no breeze seems to be the order for the next few days..

Posted
8 hours ago, Mapantz said:

I've left the key under the plant pot. 

Down to 18.6°C outside. I can smell the heathland, it's actually really nice. Reminds me of Studland beach.

27.9°C indoors though. 

My darlin' you didn't say which ruddy plant pot! I was searching for hours ...!!

Just back from school run. Wore leggings and a 3/4 sleeved top as it can be chilly out early and i'm a skinny minny. Any way it's now just shy of 23c and I'm baked so downgraded to vests and shorts!

Either way a gorgeous day again and i'm still in heaven!

• Like 2

Posted
9 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I slept on the sofa last night, and I wasn't even in trouble  other than being hot

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Rich_Clements said:

I slept on the sofa last night, and I wasn't even in trouble  other than being hot

Was it cooler? That makes 2 of us lol. I often sleep on the sofa though as the old man snores and I just can't sleep with that racket!

• Like 1

Posted
37 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Was it cooler? That makes 2 of us lol. I often sleep on the sofa though as the old man snores and I just can't sleep with that racket!

Yes much cooler on the sofa

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

25c in lounge. 25c outside

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Afternoon everyone , cloud has popped up in the last half hour , temp 30C and sticky . 

Beautiful unbroken sunshine this morning though  . 

• Like 1

Posted
20 hours ago, warmintim said:

Looks like these to me?

cm010918AirFest2018DayThreeNIGHT09.jpg.gallery.thumb.jpg.1c6ab3fa14a9a7b54a4e6cfb975e4ff9.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

A thunderstorm has bubbled up over the last hour just over the bridge in South Wales. This could be of interest to people in the north of the region this afternoon. 

Edited by John88B

Posted
19 minutes ago, John88B said:

A thunderstorm has bubbled up over the last hour just over the bridge in South Wales. This could be of interest to people in the north of the region this afternoon. 

Just noticed it to my NW in the distance.

Edit: In fact, just behind our garden; it's crept v close in last 10 mins

Edited by Bristle boy
  • Like 1