Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Arrived home to torrential rain and a few rumbles of thunder. The morning in Yarmouth was quite nicely with sunny spells and a gentle breeze. Certainly an improvement over the end of June.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.
2 hours ago, Daniel* said:

I’m getting really tired of this summer and our general weather, full of boring nothingness, no snow, no thunderstorms, no heat, miserable.

Totally agree. The lack of thunderstorms is particularly noticeable. I think May 2018 was the last time I’ve had anything more than a passing thundery shower with a couple of flashes. Nighttime storms seems to have become extinct in London. The relentless cloud is particularly tedious this summer. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Have to agree with people, this weather is incredibly boring. Not heard thunder for a few months now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

My location it seems only possibly to get storms at night. What I would give for a daytime storm. I've almost forgotten what thunder sounds like, and what snow looks like, and what any Interesting weather feels like. Our climate is suppose to get more extreme but it seems like it's getting more and more mundane. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

More general rain on the way from the south, seems to be all we can manage this year.

Posted

Two days the beeb weather app (hopeless app) showed rain pretty much all day and lets ignore the thunderstorm warnings, we got nadda. Today app said sunshine all day and its instead its raining.....so whatever the app says, know it will be the opposite. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

For the record, June 2021 stats for East Anglia courtesy of Weatherquest:

• Joint 5th warmest June on record (tied with 1896, 1917, 1947 and 2018)
  • Slightly wetter than average (110%)
  • Slightly sunnier than average (108%)

Whilst the above stats are for East Anglia, the high rainfall totals - up to 200% above average in the south of the Region - is very noteworthy.

1804397557_EastAngliaJune2021.thumb.jpg.3b188e1f95af26f6bf0bb7f2a70b0343.jpg

Source: Twitter @danholley_

As for yesterday, the hi-res radar rainfall totals visually confirms that the Region missed the heavier storms. I must say I was grateful to somehow miss the worst as I towed my caravan back from the North Yorkshire Moors yesterday afternoon. The skies were spectacular with towering cumulus nimbus clouds in all directions.

Sun 4th July: 777117716_RainfallTotalHiResRadar04July.thumb.png.75a40c2c2e862549f7db30fac52d1836.png

Source: Netweather Extra

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

A lovely sunny morning after the gloom fest that was yesterday, only reached 17c so was quite chilly. Today it's already 17c much better.

• Like 1

Posted
35 minutes ago, Freeze said:

A lovely sunny morning after the gloom fest that was yesterday, only reached 17c so was quite chilly. Today it's already 17c much better.

Was raining lightly 20mins before I left for school run, by the time I left it was already t shirt weather, lovely.

• Like 1

Posted

enjoy today, it's batten down the hatches tomorrow weather warning already out, thanks a lot weather gods as fence panels being replaced today

Posted
4 minutes ago, suffolk lady said:

enjoy today, it's batten down the hatches tomorrow weather warning already out, thanks a lot weather gods as fence panels being replaced today

Oops bad timing 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Perfect day for doing many outside things, although the OH is wittering on every time the sun comes out!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Here in East Sussex the rain is lashing down and the wind is more akin to Autumn than July.  I really am quite depressed by this summer so far.

Posted

Not particularly windy here yet this morning, rain band about to come over us, thankfully missed it as got out early for dog walk.

Posted
43 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Very windy this morning, sounds like October outside.

Same, hoping my son will be ok on walk to school, he hates wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Been raining all night with temps of 14c. This is such a different summer to what we have become used to of late. We usually see a good few days in London with the temperatures above 30c. Last summer we surpassed 38c, I personally welcome the cooler temperatures this year but wish the sun would shine more, before the long winter slog begins. Enjoying the long hours of daylight as well. Not been able to have many BBQS though because of the regular rain.

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

Not especially windy here, just grey, gloomy and drizzly. Utterly dismal for July 

Posted

Where is the predicted strong winds, not even a breeze lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Miserable morning with heavy drizzle on and off this morning.was only 12.4 degrees at 7.30 this morning in the drizzle and did feel autumnal.Really has been an odd summer so far for the South east with a June of two halves with the first half being mainly dry and warm(barring washout of 4th June) and second half having an awful lot of rain(very little thunder and lightning here ☹️).Think this part of NW Kent had about 140% of June rainfall following an even wetter May.First 5 days of July following same pattern of May and June.However,personally have found it much more pleasant to work in(when it’s not been raining) and it has been many years since everything has looked so green and lush in early July.Incredible when you read reports that in north west England things turned very dry and brown and it is only very recently that the rain has arrived up there.Very odd year weather wise.Wonder what the winter will hold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Saw a few nice bubbly clouds yesterday but no action just a mix of sunshine and cloud which is good enough for me. Hearing the rain and wind last night was nice, much better then having it during the day. The storm has passed through now and the blue skies is starting to poke out now which hopefully the day would be ok if out of the wind so it's not too bad i guess.