Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

I went to find this Hothfield Waterfall yesterday and from the word "waterfall" I was expecting something big but it only was like a 15ft drop of water slashing down into a wide stream. I did take a picture but isn't worth uploading. But the isolated path going up to the waterfall had another lovely field view

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Sun now showing its face here but still stuck with brisk cold wind. Going out in a while for outdoors coffee so coat socks and warm trousers at the ready, all the new summery tops have yet to get a first wearing. So sad to see oscars which are for all the luvvies seem to take more importance in the news than the state india is in and also the bravery of a young man who drowned trying to save a life. What a weird world we live in!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

We managed our first overnight motorhome trip this weekend. We were in Kent, and were just about in t-shirts on Saturday but by around 6.30pm, the prospect of cooking and eating outside was looking doubtful as the sun went down behind the trees, we retreated inside and put the heating on (don't get that joy with a tent!). Sunday was a day for wearing layers and woolly hats as we went for a walk up to the North Downs way - sometimes it was so bitterly cold out there. Today I'm sat at home looking out on to a gloriously sunny garden, but if I open the door, especially on the east facing front, it is stupidly cold. Such a waste of all that sunshine, all my seedlings are still tucked up in the conservatory, baking under the glass, but unlikely to see fresh air fro a while yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The cloud broke up quite quickly to leave sunny skies. Still disappointingly cool but I guess the sunshine makes up for it.

A strange month, quite persistent winds from between the north and east that would normally bring a lot of cloud, but actually even yesterday saw some sunny spells despite a brisker wind off the sea.

I concur with the above, it appears if anything the start of May sees us slide into something worse than what we currently have with the continuation of cool conditions and now the threat of showers or longer spells of rain.

Posted

Cool conditions sound rather miserable for may, but the farmers, gardeners etc will be pleased to have some rain as long as we dont get frost when everything is wet. Had a bright afternoon here but cold in the wind luckily our coffee place is quite sheltered by trees and greenhouses which are now used as an antiques cum junk centre.

Posted

A chilly start this morning, barely 3c right now according to my temperature sensor in the garden. It' a bright and sunny one mind, but various levels of cloud are expected throughout the day. We should get to around 15c in these parts today, guess the lack of the nagging N/NE breeze is playing the main factor in that. Should be dry today, seems the 'threat' of rain right now is mostly tomorrow and even then it looks a bit hit-and-miss.

Posted
3 hours ago, magicpatch said:

A chilly start this morning, barely 3c right now according to my temperature sensor in the garden. It' a bright and sunny one mind, but various levels of cloud are expected throughout the day. We should get to around 15c in these parts today, guess the lack of the nagging N/NE breeze is playing the main factor in that. Should be dry today, seems the 'threat' of rain right now is mostly tomorrow and even then it looks a bit hit-and-miss.

Seems we get a months worth in a couple of days ,in our case cold rain/sleet ,then nada ,nowt ,Nixie,nothing ,that's what it seems at moment ,maybe a bit like Spain is in the late autumn,loads of rain and have to save it for the long dry hot periods ,maybe that senerio is creeping north overtime ,or is that just south east England for you ,maybe April should of been march and may will give us April showers can't remember a period of convective showers ,odd one or two days  but that's about it 

20210411_192718.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Feels warmer today than recently as the wind has gone despite being only 12c, very warm in the sun too.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, TN9 said:

Seems we get a months worth in a couple of days ,in our case cold rain/sleet ,then nada ,nowt ,Nixie,nothing ,that's what it seems at moment ,maybe a bit like Spain is in the late autumn,loads of rain and have to save it for the long dry hot periods ,maybe that senerio is creeping north overtime ,or is that just south east England for you ,maybe April should of been march and may will give us April showers can't remember a period of convective showers ,odd one or two days  but that's about it 

Agreed, I had the same conversation at work the other morning, as someone was saying that they hoped the rain would stay away, I was, well what rain? 

The SE cloud shield is in full-affect right now. All the forecasts are suggesting we should be under cloudier skies right now, but apart from a few here and there, it's still pretty much blue sky and sun. Breeze has picked up a little since this morning. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Finally done the afternoon school run in a t shirt, yesterday the wind made it a coat day, other days were ok with a jumper. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Morning all, 

Haven't had a proper day on this Forum for ages, mainly to do with the non-weather happening so here's a quick catch up since the end of February.

March was a boring month but from what I remember did have some okay connectiveness towards he end if I remember correctly.

Here are some photos from March

1)My personal favourite.

image.thumb.png.0746414490a46e4910ab60c0280e1589.png

2)A proper cloud before a rain shower.

image.thumb.png.532135fb4bc92510a04f9ce149be789b.png

April was boring but within the last few weeks it's started to get more connective.

1)Last week, a great connective day as shown by this cloud.

image.thumb.png.8b90ac310c42b9fce165b91f77ce6784.png

2)You can see the potential here.

image.thumb.png.26743083d17b04dd98f04ebff6dd586e.png

Anyway thanks for reading today has the chance to be good as well just a bit too West for most of us today looking at the Radar.

Xander

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

how nice... it went from a nice day yesterday to now the dreaded overcast skies return. I know it's because of rain/storms but I would like to actually see the bubbling showers not staring at a miserable blanket of cloud.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Atmogenic said:

how nice... it went from a nice day yesterday to now the dreaded overcast skies return. I know it's because of rain/storms but I would like to actually see the bubbling showers not staring at a miserable blanket of cloud.

I know it's like the storms will never come here sometimes I wanna curl up and wait until May comes just thick dull cloud

Posted

The BBC have got the system strengthening into one tight band and coming our way tomorrow.

image.thumb.png.66c50375263e7d17498e071dcf1694fd.png

image.thumb.png.6a2d78805f60c59ddb2c2c4924edf2ce.png

Posted

Mainly covered with cloud here and strong wind with beefy gusts, must be chilly/cold out as noticed local hardy folk are well covered up jackets and hats on. Not much joy in the forecast for this weekend either looks like my summery new tops will have to wait for their first wearing, getting tempted to buy fleece gilet in online sale that would be a real bargain if this weather does not improve. Any gardeners must be getting right cheesed off by now, seems the weather is out in sympathy with our wait for restrictions to be lifted. Still worse things happen at sea as the old saying goes, have a good day everyone.

Posted

Spitting a little, but no proper rain yet. In a way hoping it doesn't. Can't recall a month I have recorded no measurable rain. Seeing the precipitation south of the Thames suggests this might not be achieved!

Posted
1 hour ago, Hurricane Debby said:

So bored this boring weather 

Ironically starting to brighten up before the rain this Evening. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

So where is the forecast rain that we desperately need?!

Had a 10 minute light shower this morning and nothing since

Posted

Evening all

Does anyone know the lowest recorded minimum temperature in London for May?

I'm just wondering if that record could be under threat early next week?

Posted

Yes cold wind here as well but no rain yet but heavy cloud is piling in now. Had our little hedgehog visitor back this morning about 4am hubby saw it but i was fast asleep as any sensible person would be at that early hour 

Posted

I am amazed has little rain has actually fallen. Absolutely negligible lol. No more than 50 drops