Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 8th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
1 hour ago, Snipper said:

Summers here. Where are my dark glasses?

4D98D24A-1F5A-4F94-A796-005D5723380D.jpeg

brilliant pic,its a' oh s**t the folks are back'...like being caught doing the wrong thing with the wrong people at the wrong time lol,but looking at the latest model runs i cant see it being very cold again ,so taking off my frosted glasses,which you do when you get on abit,if, in your head winter=snow[even half a chance] 352 odd days ive not had any chance,8 days half a chance{without running to the hills ] but lost ,leaves five days of winter.

But someone living 1600 odd ft in the outskirts of ft william would say 'cracking winter' your being mugged off down there,so its little and often which adds up to loads,oronce in a while but amazing???but i think our odds are slowly slipping away ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

We got down to -3.2 here this morning in Locksbottom which is the 4th coldest morning of the winter.sun came out by about 2pm but chilly today with maximum of 5.6 here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
6 hours ago, TN9 said:

brilliant pic,its a' oh s**t the folks are back'...like being caught doing the wrong thing with the wrong people at the wrong time lol,but looking at the latest model runs i cant see it being very cold again ,so taking off my frosted glasses,which you do when you get on abit,if, in your head winter=snow[even half a chance] 352 odd days ive not had any chance,8 days half a chance{without running to the hills ] but lost ,leaves five days of winter.

But someone living 1600 odd ft in the outskirts of ft william would say 'cracking winter' your being mugged off down there,so its little and often which adds up to loads,oronce in a while but amazing???but i think our odds are slowly slipping away ...

Yep I'll sew after the rain, if it stays unlikely to get cold.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted

Very chilly overnight again, and colder than forecast for second night in a row; the low was -3.5c but risen rapidly since 5am with the arrival of cloud, now 0c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
1 minute ago, Stroudley said:

We got down to -4.1. Really surprised it went that low...

Strange I'm only a few miles away and only got down to -1.5.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Took my vaccine jab on saturday and been quite unwell from the side effects, but i rather take the side effects then risk actually getting a virus that can kill me.

I also took a pic at Folkstone where the vaccine building was.

1.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
41 minutes ago, Atmogenic said:

Took my vaccine jab on saturday and been quite unwell from the side effects, but i rather take the side effects then risk actually getting a virus that can kill me.

I also took a pic at Folkstone where the vaccine building was.

1.jpg

Yes i had a jab on Saturday. Astra Zeneca in the morning and by the evening had really bad flu like symptoms that lasted all night. Feel better now but didnt expect that. Lovely view in your picture. Nice to see the sun. Not really seen it here in Hertfordshire  much over last week or so.

Re stormy spell upcoming this week. Curious as to why the met office haven't  issued any warnings for Wednesday/Thursday yet as this stormy spell has been signalled for some time now. Maybe they will this morning......

Posted

Met office issued a yellow warning for wind from 9pm Wed til 3pm Thursday. Looking like gusts up to 50mph, and wednesday a lot of rain heading this way, oh whoppie joy, just as everything has dried up.

• Like 1

Posted

just seen forecast! looks like we will need a jet ski by thurs to get from here to saxmundham that road is notorious for bad flooding, kite fliers should be happy though in the strong winds

Posted
7 hours ago, minus10 said:

Yes i had a jab on Saturday. Astra Zeneca in the morning and by the evening had really bad flu like symptoms that lasted all night. Feel better now but didnt expect that. Lovely view in your picture. Nice to see the sun. Not really seen it here in Hertfordshire  much over last week or so.

Re stormy spell upcoming this week. Curious as to why the met office haven't  issued any warnings for Wednesday/Thursday yet as this stormy spell has been signalled for some time now. Maybe they will this morning......

They have, it's yellow for now.

Posted
10 hours ago, Freeze said:

Strange I'm only a few miles away and only got down to -1.5.

I agree - seems far too low. I've checked the weather station out though (Vantage Pro) and everything looks OK.  I can only think that it's a cold spot in the garden, but I'll keep an eye on it...

Posted

Seems to be a lucky-dip type forecast for here today. Some say sun all day, some say sunny start with sunny intervals for the rest of the day, others seem to show sunny spells on and off throughout the day, either way it should be dry and around 11c at best, before a more unsettled and windy spell kicks in from tomorrow. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Today looking very pleasant for most in the Region under a nice wedge of clear skies.

07.30 Tues: 472930896_Satellite09Mar07_30.thumb.jpg.3fce03118dcaec05c505a7d721b0aa14.jpg

For me, a busy day in the garden planting out a new rockery I've built before the wind and rain arrives Weds morning. It'll start getting breezy from this evening, but the worst period for widespread gales will be overnight Weds into Thurs morning when most of us will be 'enjoying' sustained wind speeds of around 45mph and frequent gusts of 55mph. At least it won't be dull, grey nothingness.

07.00 Thurs: 2133000288_GFSGusts11Mar07_00.thumb.GIF.777c523226b8b3bba5c3698c1edb6a18.GIF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Yep, sun is trying hard to get out this morning, after a chilly start, be nice to see it for a few hours, hopefully drying up the drizzle from yesterday afternoon. Then its batten down the hatches time from tomorrow afternoon, heavy rain and wind, no doubt heaviest and windiest when its dog walking time, usually how it goes

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Lovely sunny start here, certainly better than yesterday where there was solid mid/high level cloud all day.

Posted
2 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Today looking very pleasant for most in the Region under a nice wedge of clear skies.

07.30 Tues: 472930896_Satellite09Mar07_30.thumb.jpg.3fce03118dcaec05c505a7d721b0aa14.jpg

For me, a busy day in the garden planting out a new rockery I've built before the wind and rain arrives Weds morning. It'll start getting breezy from this evening, but the worst period for widespread gales will be overnight Weds into Thurs morning when most of us will be 'enjoying' sustained wind speeds of around 45mph and frequent gusts of 55mph. At least it won't be dull, grey nothingness.

07.00 Thurs: 2133000288_GFSGusts11Mar07_00.thumb.GIF.777c523226b8b3bba5c3698c1edb6a18.GIF

It's got 85-90 over me, no thanks.

Posted

It's a nice day today, will hopefully do some gardening getting ready for seeding after the rain of this week.

Posted

gorgeous day here, windows open and although clouding over now has been lovely and sunny quite spring like, upsetting morning as my hubby has been rushed to hospital with suspected hernia [sorry if that is off topic] not easy as our family do not live close by.

Posted
40 minutes ago, suffolk lady said:

gorgeous day here, windows open and although clouding over now has been lovely and sunny quite spring like, upsetting morning as my hubby has been rushed to hospital with suspected hernia [sorry if that is off topic] not easy as our family do not live close by.

sorry to hear that. wishing you and him the best.

Posted

glorious day here. just heard our resident woodpecker tapping away on a tree for the first time in a year. sun is warming on the face and hardly a breeze. temps belie the way the weather feels as 12c feels a lot warmer in the sun 

Posted
1 hour ago, suffolk lady said:

Hope your hubby is ok x

Sun still out, although cloud is slowly building, washing dry, so cant complain

Posted

thanks everyone, they are doing tests and then a scan, he is waiting for a bed at the moment, has just messaged me and he is sounding quite cheerful, also have nice bit of sun still here in leiston but not for much longer looking at the cloud outside

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
5 minutes ago, suffolk lady said:

thanks everyone, they are doing tests and then a scan, he is waiting for a bed at the moment, has just messaged me and he is sounding quite cheerful, also have nice bit of sun still here in leiston but not for much longer looking at the cloud outside

Is it an emergency operation , I hope he will be okay.