Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Bizarre coincidence between early Easters and cold springs

TheOgre

Posted

I have noticed that, in my area at least, when there has been an early Easter, the spring has been cold or has featured cold/wintry weather.

2008 (March 23) - Snowed on Easter Sunday and had a significant snowfall in April.

2013 (March 31) - The coldest spring I have ever known with severe snow in late March and consistent cold in April.

2016 (March 27) - Not particularly memorable but there was a cold April with a few snow and hail showers lasting days.

2018 (April 1) - Snow and cold in late March and a cold Easter (it improved later though)

In contrast to springs with late Easters:

2011 (April 24) - A warm and summery April and a heatwave around Easter.

2019 (April 21) - Not spring but the warmth arrived early with a warm sunny February and a pleasant late March. There was a warm Easter weekend.

I don’t know whether it was like this years ago but in the last decade or so this has been the case in my area.

• Like 1

Posted

I will not forget Easter Saturday, March 22nd 2008 in Sheffield. If the football match at Hillsborough had gone on much longer, it would have been abandoned due to the heavy snow. Looking back, the whole of the Easter period in 1975 (Easter Sunday 30th March) was a snowy disaster in the South East.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Maybe it might seem that way now but we had a cold spring in 2006 and that was a late Easter and many of the 80s springs were cold affairs.Also 1981 Easter was late at 19th April but shortly followed by one of the biggest blizzards ever to be seen in any spring month.

• Like 1