Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward


Recommended Posts

Posted
  • Location: Nottingham, UK
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and sunny
  • Location: Nottingham, UK

    Looks like Nottingham is in line for a baby streamer. Stay on track little one! 

    Screenshot_20210208_191644_de.wetteronline.wetterapp.jpg

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 2.4k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Popular Posts

    Lovely walk just a me and the dog ❄️♥️🐶

    No matter what happens guys and girls let's not be like the SE thread was earlier alot of needless fighting. Be happy for any fellow Midlander if they get the White stuff.

    Posted Images

    Posted
  • Location: Bournville Birmingham
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
  • Location: Bournville Birmingham
    5 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

    9BD46CA5-ED58-4498-9292-89A6C1B1E7A1.thumb.jpeg.c231891e357c298ae1e669fbbd4d4fc9.jpeg

    UKV for Saturday. Mixed feelings about this. I’d love a more widespread and significant snow event but it risks a rise in temperatures soon after.

     

     

    i dont care now. id take it as long as its noteworthy! Unfortunately we wouldn't know!

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Burton upon trent
  • Weather Preferences: Cold
  • Location: Burton upon trent
    4 minutes ago, Ninman said:

    Looks like Nottingham is in line for a baby streamer. Stay on track little one! 

    Screenshot_20210208_191644_de.wetteronline.wetterapp.jpg

    Everytime it gets close it dies out you may be in a good spot later.

    I am hoping it drops abit south. 

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Monkspath, Solihull, West Midlands
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
  • Location: Monkspath, Solihull, West Midlands

    Looks like Solihull is now under the streamer as it has shifted West slightly. A nice covering now, but very polystyrene due to the dryness so no good for balls!

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: South Leicestershire
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
  • Location: South Leicestershire

    Great walking conditions ! 

    2B77F678-3E92-4B3B-9F70-A894C35229FC.jpeg

    • Like 7
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Leicestershire (hinckley)
  • Location: Leicestershire (hinckley)
    23 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

    Ukv still had a stream all day tomorrow for midlands!!not done yet hopefully!

    Yea but its ukv and euro4 etc that went for significant amounts today. The gfs done them once again tbh for the majority of areas. 

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire 123m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)
  • Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire 123m ASL

    Snowing and settling! 

    4976156A-6E25-4945-B835-158EE23A42AE.jpeg

    • Like 4
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Warsop
  • Location: Warsop

    A proper let down today, posting on the work WhatsApp group this morning  to drive safe sent the snow away 😂 North Notts under the amber warning and we had a dusting 😭 😭 I thought I would be digging my car out tonight after work it wasn’t meant to be ❄️ 

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Wildwood, Stafford 104m asl
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
  • Location: Wildwood, Stafford 104m asl
    Just now, Aidloz said:

    A proper let down today, posting on the work WhatsApp group this morning  to drive safe sent the snow away 😂 North Notts under the amber warning and we had a dusting 😭 😭 I thought I would be digging my car out tonight after work it wasn’t meant to be ❄️ 

    We all get a turn, we all have had at least 1 turn in here since just after Xmas, not mine this time, but have had good events

    not ruling out a dusting early tomorrow, but expect thaw as heat of the day arrives post 10am

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Warsop
  • Location: Warsop
    1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

    We all get a turn, we all have had at least 1 turn in here since just after Xmas, not mine this time, but have had good events

    not ruling out a dusting early tomorrow, but expect thaw as heat of the day arrives post 10am

    Think we all have something in common we love the snow 😍

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: pelsall, 500ft asl (west mids)
  • Location: pelsall, 500ft asl (west mids)
    20 minutes ago, kmanmx said:

    Great walking conditions ! 

    2B77F678-3E92-4B3B-9F70-A894C35229FC.jpeg

    Great photo

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: pelsall, 500ft asl (west mids)
  • Location: pelsall, 500ft asl (west mids)
    7 minutes ago, WeatherPhysio said:

    Wonder if this this will be the last of the snow or this winter period 🤔

    Quote me on this 

    not a prayer

    • Like 3
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Longton, Stoke-on-Trent.
  • Location: Longton, Stoke-on-Trent.
    1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

    We all get a turn, we all have had at least 1 turn in here since just after Xmas, not mine this time, but have had good events

    not ruling out a dusting early tomorrow, but expect thaw as heat of the day arrives post 10am

    I really don’t feel like I’ve missed out on any events so far, even the ones where I’ve only seen a little snow because they were expected to go that way for me and I love any little bit of wintry weather I can get.

    It’s been an awesome winter here in the south of Stoke. Winters here are awesome to me anyway coming from London and my expectations are probably lower than most because of where I grew up but I still think I’ve been extremely lucky. A lot of the Midlands (and the rest of the U.K.) have done worse.

    So many great experiences at a time where I’ve been completely alone since Christmas. It’s kept me sane! I will be sad when this winter ends.

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Wildwood, Stafford 104m asl
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
  • Location: Wildwood, Stafford 104m asl
    5 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

    I really don’t feel like I’ve missed out on any events so far, even the ones where I’ve only seen a little snow because they were expected to go that way for me and I love any little bit of wintry weather I can get.

    It’s been an awesome winter here in the south of Stoke. Winters here are awesome to me anyway coming from London and my expectations are probably lower than most because of where I grew up but I still think I’ve been extremely lucky. A lot of the Midlands (and the rest of the U.K.) have done worse.

    So many great experiences at a time where I’ve been completely alone since Christmas. It’s kept me sane! I will be sad when this winter ends.

    Kept me sane too, as I'm anti lockdown and in quarantine/furlough crap! today morning was decent, so suppose not technically missed out, just been not that cold and wet

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Bournville Birmingham
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
  • Location: Bournville Birmingham

    Seriously like someone is taking the Tut all day

    Screenshot_20210208-200324_NW Snow Radar.jpg

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Longton, Stoke-on-Trent.
  • Location: Longton, Stoke-on-Trent.

    Oooooo. I need to go to the shops. Might do so once this arrives.

    C7085100-E9B8-4B4A-BC33-FE69E319A351.jpeg

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Wythall, Worcestershire, 150m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers
  • Location: Wythall, Worcestershire, 150m asl
    2 minutes ago, Sweatyman said:

    Seriously like someone is taking the Tut all day

    Screenshot_20210208-200324_NW Snow Radar.jpg

    I’m just catching the north edge of the streamer in my locale, it’s given me a covering but it’s hardly memorable tbh.  Not sure it will keep going much longer. 

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Upton, Northampton.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
  • Location: Upton, Northampton.
    23 minutes ago, Shezale coventry said:

    Well this is amazing snowing heavily last half hour everything covered and good 3cms!

    You've done well out of this, Shez. Had a sugar dusting here last night and flurries today that amounted to nothing. The Northampton snow shield is on full power and nothing is getting through 😂 streamer 20 miles to the North of me all day, a band of snow, 10 miles to the South of me. Incredible scenes.

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Burton upon trent
  • Weather Preferences: Cold
  • Location: Burton upon trent
    1 minute ago, WeatherPhysio said:

    I’d like to think this would hit me but I doubt it 😂

    B93DD7B0-1E58-4112-BE10-0F7668BD4C4B.jpeg

    Same I am on this line also.. It's all dying out I am afraid I have been watching it for hours. 

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: coventry
  • Location: coventry
    1 minute ago, andy_leics22 said:

    You've done well out of this, Shez. Had a sugar dusting here last night and flurries today that amounted to nothing. The Northampton snow shield is on full power and nothing is getting through 😂 streamer 20 miles to the North of me all day, a band of snow, 10 miles to the South of me. Incredible scenes.

    Yup amazing really 2010 we missed out and 2018 but today started poorly but its been great still snowing steadily and sticking as well! Thats 2 snowfall events this winter! No more complaining about the cov snow shield now

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...