Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Feb 2021 Onward

Summer of 95

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

It's not here to stay! big change tomorrow due, sea mist, windy and maybe drizzle, around 14 degrees for Stafford

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

After a cloudy drizzley morning the Sun broke through here with warm sunshine all afternoon touching 21c.

Currently clear blue skys with a pleasant breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

I was expecting the usual cloud fest to start with this morning and for it to break with afternoon sunshine.....

But Nah!

it was the complete opposite, I was surprised to see sunshine this morning when I woke and it stayed for a number of hours (in hopes of it getting better) but no the clouds returned and have been above me since.

Tomorrow, I’m not expecting even a glimmer, but Thursday onwards is looking more  promising

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

It's possible this August could end up as the driest since 2003 here. 51.7 mm of rain so far and very little to come by the look of the models. 2013 had 52.8 mm and 2018 had 55.2 mm so it's just about possible, if we had drizzle each night and early morning, that the 2013 total could be reached.

• Like 1

Posted

Disappointing start. Woke during the night and there was moonlight, following the breaks which developed just at sunset yesterday. Hoped for less than 100% gloom this morning, I was wrong.

Posted

It wouldn't be so bad if the cloud thinned occasionally, and allowed a little brightness, it's the relentless gloom that gets you.

Posted

True anticyclonic gloom in every sense here. A very uninspiring scenario with temperatures very disappointing, mid to late teens at best. Oh well, bring on those autumnal days now. I just pray to god this winter wont be as bad as the last

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Just had about 2 mins of hazy sunshine, the first sight of any sun all day. Yesterday there were a few more breaks, today has been incredibly poor. MetO text forecast for the WM goes for "Variable amounts of cloud, lifting through the afternoon, and prolonged sunny spells" - well, it's gonna have to get a move on! Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Sure I wasn't expecting 27 °C and blazing sunshine, but this is very poor fare.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

Just had about 2 mins of hazy sunshine, the first sight of any sun all day. Yesterday there were a few more breaks, today has been incredibly poor. MetO text forecast for the WM goes for "Variable amounts of cloud, lifting through the afternoon, and prolonged sunny spells" - well, it's gonna have to get a move on! Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Sure I wasn't expecting 27 °C and blazing sunshine, but this is very poor fare.

Cleared nicely here now. Some clouds but largely blue overhead. Looks cloudier to the North, but that appears to be lessening too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 hours ago, davehsug said:

Cleared nicely here now. Some clouds but largely blue overhead. Looks cloudier to the North, but that appears to be lessening too.

Partially cleared but now completely mucky again, Hanley better than Stafford anyway, less prone

definitely worse now than it would be in April, in March/April even early May, normally partially lifted after midday, fully lifted after around 3pm

Posted
3 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Partially cleared but now completely mucky again, Hanley better than Stafford anyway, less prone

definitely worse now than it would be in April, in March/April even early May, normally partially lifted after midday, fully lifted after around 3pm

A bit unfair, it isn't the layer of low cloud that you get in spring & early summer, but "real" cloud. It doesn't "burn off" in the sun, it actuallt has to move away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Very gloomy day here, even gloomier than yesterday, and temperatures disappointing for this time of the year.

Posted

Clear blue sky this morning! Doesn't look as though it will last, looking at the satellite picture, but a pleasant surprise.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Its lovely here in Brum ⛅️ and about time too

• Like 2