Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

A bright and calm first day of Spring for the NW - hopefully we've made the most of it as midweek looks a bit of a soggy affair. We're probably overdue a chilly March after the mild ones of recent years. Personally don't mind a chilly March with bright days and a few late frosts vs a cold rainy late spring we had like last year but come Easter you really want that first taste of 15c+ springlike warmth. 

• Like 3

Posted

Great first day to meteorological Spring. Quite a chilly day though despite the continuous sunshine. Max 7.7 degrees. Another cold night ahead and widespread frost expected. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A lovely sunny day today, high of 9.9C. A warm feel in the sun in shelter from the wind. The sun is starting to pack a bit of a punch now.

Edited by severe snowstorm
  • Like 3

Posted

It was too good not to be out in the hills today despite the colder breeze than Sunday so I made a detour down to Earl Sterndale and hiked up to High Wheeldon, Parkhouse Hill & Chrome Hill before the cloud rolled in. Its one of those walks i've seen a hundred times on youtube and in the hiking mags but I never got around to doing until today, and bonus was that I had the place all to myself.

04.thumb.jpg.19163f67ae871dd39cdce0335e466523.jpg06.thumb.jpg.5989df1bf50d4b59223eb7fe638317ae.jpg09.thumb.jpg.37b2ed5b7995bc265d21edc7d971ae8d.jpg17.thumb.jpg.ea54fd3b24058ad5bbc906b49faa494a.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
6 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

It was too good not to be out in the hills today despite the colder breeze than Sunday so I made a detour down to Earl Sterndale and hiked up to High Wheeldon, Parkhouse Hill & Chrome Hill before the cloud rolled in. Its one of those walks i've seen a hundred times on youtube and in the hiking mags but I never got around to doing until today, and bonus was that I had the place all to myself.

04.thumb.jpg.19163f67ae871dd39cdce0335e466523.jpg06.thumb.jpg.5989df1bf50d4b59223eb7fe638317ae.jpg09.thumb.jpg.37b2ed5b7995bc265d21edc7d971ae8d.jpg17.thumb.jpg.ea54fd3b24058ad5bbc906b49faa494a.jpg

Superb day to be out on the fells. Alas I was inside most of the day. Lovely sunset and went down to the lake.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Had to scrape windscreen this morning but turned out a nice sunny day

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Morning all. 

One of those dreary damp murky midweek mornings.

On a side note, the three main models seem to be putting the carrot in front of the donkey again to lead us into something more interesting. 

• Like 5

Posted

A damp, murky start in contrast to yesterday. An encouraging extended outlook from the metoffice signalling potential for some decent late wintry weather, but feet still firmly on the ground in terms of expectation. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
2 hours ago, severe snowstorm said:

A damp, murky start in contrast to yesterday. An encouraging extended outlook from the metoffice signalling potential for some decent late wintry weather, but feet still firmly on the ground in terms of expectation. 

Not unusual for some late wintry fun infact March seems to produce more wintry weather than January when the PV starts breaking down at this stage and as the Meto state any snow will come from the breakdown as rain moves into the cold air long way off and hopefully some decent frost and sunny days before we get to that point.

• Like 4

Posted

Oh dear what a contrast to yesterday. Dull grey leaden skies some rain lots of low cloud and a rather cold feel. Max 7.1 degrees. The other face of March!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Yep,  Uninspiring weather but....

The models are flipflopping like a fish out of water at the moment with regards to something more exciting.

I'm not going to say much else other than the key word "Battleground"

• Like 4

Posted

Mmm not a very inspiring picture outside. Very low cloud cloaking everything in a grey dank state. More like a gloomy November or December day. Supposed to gave heavy rain but just a bit if drizzle so far. Current temp 7.8 degrees. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Still some toing and froing with the models in regards to eastern promise but certainly nothing all that mild on the horizon, consistently single figure max temps going forward by the looks of it.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

One word to describe today foul - that misty type of heavy rain that soaks you to the skin non stop from about 10am this morning. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A vile days weather here, nowt else to say

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
38 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Still some toing and froing with the models in regards to eastern promise but certainly nothing all that mild on the horizon, consistently single figure max temps going forward by the looks of it.

A bit off topic but it’s some irony when the only thing allowed in our airspace from Russia might turn out to be a snowy easterly.

• Like 3

Posted

A vile day today, rain has been occasionally heavy, but mostly that really fine type of light to moderate drizzly rain that soaks you right through, the 'wet' kind of rain! Hopefully things will dry up a bit for the weekend.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

9CF49AC5-8ED0-44B7-AC87-6E214C4FE3B0.thumb.png.3f790791cc8e08da40667dacf8a45328.png

Close to being epic

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
18 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

9CF49AC5-8ED0-44B7-AC87-6E214C4FE3B0.thumb.png.3f790791cc8e08da40667dacf8a45328.png

Close to being epic

Yes just need some cold air to nudge further west first and then that chart would be ripe for battleground scenario. A big clash of east and west. 

• Like 4