Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A bit of a damp and drizzly start up here and certainly a poor effort compared to the previous couple.

all being well it will brighten up though but then it’s probably a case of dodging the showers this weekend so it’s one of those awkward times when outside activities could involve anything from sunstroke to drowning

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
4 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Cloudy but dry and muggy here in the south of the region.

Peeeeeeing it down here

• Like 3

Posted

Radar shows showers building from nowhere over the northern Peak District and heading right in my direction so unless things rapidly change, today is ruined even sooner than I expected.

never mind there’s always tomorrow.

• Like 4

Posted

How bizarre to see shower streamers going in reverse to their usual direction.  South East to North West, some looking lively but just smidge north of my abode.  That could change soon though.

• Like 7

Posted

Small funnel southeast of Macc, watched it form, there was more length to it but by the time I'd fannied about getting my phone it had started to dissipate back up to the cloud.

20210710_124112.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
18 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Small funnel southeast of Macc, watched it form, there was more length to it but by the time I'd fannied about getting my phone it had started to dissipate back up to the cloud.

20210710_124112.jpg

Usually the case with me, I practically fell over a couple of Deer while out walking last year but by the time I’d got my phone out, sorted the damn security code and got to the camera bit they’d got married, raised offspring and shipped them off to uni

• Like 8

Posted
16 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Usually the case with me, I practically fell over a couple of Deer while out walking last year but by the time I’d got my phone out, sorted the damn security code and got to the camera bit they’d got married, raised offspring and shipped them off to uni

Your post made me chuckle.  I've missed many photo opportunities whilst phone fannying and faffing.

• Like 7

Posted

Showers have cleared through and the sun is out for now although it’s still pretty cloudy so more bright than clear blue skies and the feel of the day isn’t good with high humidity and next to no breeze.

It certainly isn’t a day for drying washing outside but definitely an improvement on earlier.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Think the showers must've missed here as the ground is bone dry. Cloudy currently but a few patches of blue sky starting to appear. Currently 19C but with light winds and 75% humdity feeling quite warm. Warm indoors to at 23C in the bedroom.

The Met Office did say yesterday that the showers would be very hit and miss, some places get peed on while others stay dry.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 4

Posted

Another lovely day.  It's been dry up here apart from the faintest of faintest drizzle for a few minutes mid morning.  Plenty of hot sunshine this afternoon. 

Good view all today of growy curly top clouds to south and southwest and some far to the east at present.

• Like 6

Posted
8 hours ago, Weather-history said:

Remember last July?  That was horrendous. 

Yep. I remember. Only TWO days here that reached 20C!  Cloudy and wet as well. Average high just 17C a good 3 degrees below the long-term average. The complete opposite of July 2018 where temps were a good 3 degrees above the long-term average and we only had one or two days that failed to reach 20C. Worst July since 2012 here for sure. 

I do not understand why it was such a poor month here, as the synopitics for that month didn't look that bad, just a mobile westerly flow most of the time.

It's the same story with the South at the moment as they getting more atricious weather today, plenty of rain, cloud and sub-20C temps. But again the synoptics don't look too bad.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 2

Posted
56 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Think the showers must've missed here as the ground is bone dry. Cloudy currently but a few patches of blue sky starting to appear. Currently 19C but with light winds and 75% humdity feeling quite warm. Warm indoors to at 23C in the bedroom.

The Met Office did say yesterday that the showers would be very hit and miss, some places get peed on while others stay dry.

Definitely a morning of hit and afternoon of miss …….. so far at least.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

A bit of a cauliflower monster to my west, which is evident on the radar. Here to the east it's pretty toasty in the sun and been totally dry.

IMG_20210710_155716.thumb.jpg.04a9a4fff127157cd1c5c214bd6a8eb4.jpg

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 6

Posted

Rain been thumping down for last half hour.   Puddles are back.  Had just started watering in garden after a dry hot day. 

• Like 5

Posted

No rain here yet so been lucky although it's clouded over and gone quite dark, looks like it could rain at any moment.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Been raining here for 30-45 mins with some big convective drops. Seem to be on the edge of a localised, slow moving shower.

• Like 2

Posted

Still dry here and sky clearing again now. Just 1.6 mm at Higham just up the road from me. Wonder if I will get lucky again tommorow?

http://higham-weather.com/

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Lovely morning. Will it last till noon?

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Must have had some here as there is a little puddle on the trampoline side padding. 

• Like 6

Posted

After a bright “ish” start the clouds are looking a lot more threatening over theses parts at the moment.

There’s no rain showing on the radar but the forecast is for some beefy showers over the Pennines during the day and we all know that these can pop up from nowhere so time to get my walk in before the chances of a drenching increase.

• Like 7

Posted

When sun made an appearance yesterday it packed a punch ☀️ 

was over Mossley yesterday morning the skies looked rather threatening ⚡️ 

hoping after rain/murk later/tomorrow we will get the currently forecast settled sunny rest of the week… would be nice to get 24-28c

managed to squeeze in two bbqs the last two evenings ??

• Like 5