Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
31 minutes ago, Sparky68 said:

Quick question, be interested to know how many weather apps do you have on your phones? I have 3 Met Office, BBC and Weatherbug.

I have just two, the Meto and AccuWeather. I don't rely on either of them but would say that Meto gives me a good idea of what to expect from the day and Accuweather for rain in the next hour or two.

When it comes to snow I ignore apps. Radar and window watching is best

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Just thinking back to the winters of the past, was living in London Colney in the early 80s and the bottom of our road froze [ think it may have been around 4th Dec 83 or 84] didnt help that us kids were pouring water on it for hours on end. Best ice slide ever, was there for about a week. Car drivers must have hated us.

Edited by Sparky68
date

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Latest Harmonie 

EA4DCF7D-BF7E-434B-9AE3-832831C9F5EE.png

You would hope the Dutch have this nailed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Southender said:

What they bickering about now? Can’t even be arsed to look. I’m camped in here until at least Wednesday.

All about when, if and how it ends when it hasn’t started.  Depressing. But most of them are not from our parish so I kind of get it although many seem to be ignoring far reaching streamers that could give them some snow.

Hold on, I’m being kind, they are mostly mad. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

On 18z UKV snow really piling up over east Suffolk / SE Norfolk in particular by 00z Monday, also along Essex coast, North Downs / North Kent.

ukv_snow18z.thumb.png.5b007019f7787a04a15e567bd1bd5d72.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
Just now, Southender said:

You would hope the Dutch have this nailed.

From an imby selfish weeble point of view, be great if it moved slightly southwards, only by 40 mile or so, then I'd be in the orange bit, lovely

Posted
10 minutes ago, Essex Chelle said:

It feels like the night before a holiday or even Christmas eve, I'm that excited. I just watched the BBC weather video on their site - so much white and its all over me!!! Does that mean home schooling will be off as surely its a snow day on Monday

Well Chelle if your garden overfloweth then so will mine. Fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Very interesting in the MOD thread again. Currently seeing some crazy volatility in the latest outputs this evening. GFS maintains our snowcover into next week, with consecutive ice days, and a cold pool of -24 uppers over the balkans to Ukraine! 

Far from over this. Tomorrow is just the start folks! 

P.S I’m not mad, I don’t think lol. 

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91
  • Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Southender said:

What they bickering about now? Can’t even be arsed to look. I’m camped in here until at least Wednesday.

Yeah, at least here you can't be accused of "only talking about the S/SE/Midland/ - #yourlocation

Can't think of a better place to be to be honest mate, spent so many cold spells and snow set-ups now on this forum, most have given me somthing, though the snow spell in Jan 2019 tested my patience (I had a Paul S moment!) due to a low forming literally overhead and all precip rotating around! Luckily the day after delivered the goods, more in 10 mins than the whole of the previous night debacle.

Regardless of whether I get lucky to join in where I am, or whether I get nothing at all, I'm still rooting for you guys in S.Essex in particular. I've still got lots of contacts over in that neck of the woods so I'm sure I'll get to see plenty of photos come Sunday/Monday.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Nick F said:

On 18z UKV snow really piling up over east Suffolk / SE Norfolk in particular by 00z Monday, also along Essex coast, North Downs / North Kent.

Approaching a foot for some lucky eastern coastal areas

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
6 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Latest Harmonie 

EA4DCF7D-BF7E-434B-9AE3-832831C9F5EE.png

Hmmm a smidgen West bringing more in the snow zone.

• Like 1

Posted

But on a serious note the GFS is pretty good in the 7-10 day range at picking up signals and this is the only thing I rate about it.

The Pub Run is showing a full on Scandi High with a 1055 High and a 2nd shot at an even colder easterly 

I know we should not even go there with this spell not even starting but if that was to set up the 2nd Easterly in the week of the 15-22nd then it would surely be up there with the coldest of Februaries, what a year after Jan being 3.4c below the Jan CET

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
16 minutes ago, 80sWeather said:

Same here I lived in Essex till  I was 19 years old, saw all the classic events 1978/79  86, 87 and 91

The only thing about being West is it’s sometimes better for frontal snow, but too dry for Easterlies.

Funny little coincidence we both end up in a similar part of Cambridgeshire! 38 years in Essex so seen it all good and bad weather wise there (and non weather!), 1987 was what really got me passionate about the weather, we had just about everything that year, I thought that was just standard weather as an 8 year old! 91 was epic.. thought we were about to celebrate 30 years anniversary in style... but still I guess anything could happen now at this range. Hoping for some more snowy bin pics from you. 

Edited by James1979
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Sparky68 said:

Just thinking back to the winters of the past, was living in London Colney in the early 80s and the bottom of our road froze [ think it may have been around 4th Dec] didnt help that us kids were pouring water on it for hours on end. Best ice slide ever, was there for about a week. Car drivers must have hated us.

It's a small world. I used to work in London Colney right opposite the Bull Pub and next door to the Colney Fox

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Oh on the industial estate where Rothmans was? @Bill4321

Edited by Sparky68

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails
3 minutes ago, Youcan'tbecirrus said:

Well Chelle if your garden overfloweth then so will mine. Fingers crossed.

Hey fellow islander - looking great for us for once aye!

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Southender said:

Approaching a foot for some lucky eastern coastal areas

Just to the north of my location looks pretty good on that chart!  

Posted
13 minutes ago, Jackski4 said:

SHHHH We arent allowed to say that name anymore, he got banned 

Didn't realise that, must have missed something juicy in my frequent absences from the forum.

He,  along with Kold Weather and a couple of others (think one was a mod with a weather related username - Icono...??)  were my go-to posters for their analysis on the various models and had a decent amount of knowledge and experience to back up their thoughts.

Glad Yamkin is still here too, not seen as much ramping as I seem to remember from back then though!!

Hope everyone in the region gets something from the next few days, cheers 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Yeah, at least here you can't be accused of "only talking about the S/SE/Midland/ - #yourlocation

Can't think of a better place to be to be honest mate, spent so many cold spells and snow set-ups now on this forum, most have given me somthing, though the snow spell in Jan 2019 tested my patience (I had a Paul S moment!) due to a low forming literally overhead and all precip rotating around! Luckily the day after delivered the goods, more in 10 mins than the whole of the previous night debacle.

Regardless of whether I get lucky to join in where I am, or whether I get nothing at all, I'm still rooting for you guys in S.Essex in particular. I've still got lots of contacts over in that neck of the woods so I'm sure I'll get to see plenty of photos come Sunday/Monday.

Good man Darren, if I wake up on Sunday to a load of puddles, I think I will reach for the bottle. But fingers crossed. 

• Like 3

Posted
23 minutes ago, Jackski4 said:

SHHHH We arent allowed to say that name anymore, he got banned 

Didn't realise that, must have missed something juicy in my frequent absences from the forum.

He,  along with Kold Weather and a couple of others (think one was a mod with a weather related username - Icono...??)  were my go-to posters for their analysis on the various models and had a decent amount of knowledge and experience to back up their thoughts.

Glad Yamkin is still here too, not seen as much ramping as I seem to remember from back then though!!

Hope everyone in the region gets something from the next few days, cheers 

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Yeah that looks about right for my location

#nosnow!

I jest (a little !)

Great looking charts there for those further east, certainly starting to accumulating a decent amount of snow, already widely 10-20cms in the amber warning zone there!

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

I know we should not even go there with this spell not even starting but if that was to set up the 2nd Easterly in the week of the 15-22nd then it would surely be up there with the coldest of Februaries, what a year after Jan being 3.4c below the Jan CET

I said last week this winter is perhaps shaping up to be similar to 1985/86?

Edited by Don
  • Like 2

Posted

Sadly any significant falls look isolated now, pity. Going by some snow amount charts some lucky spot could see a historic snow event

• Like 1