Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

As someone who has worked for the armed forces for over 25 years i realise that it meant a lot to his family to be with him as it takes more than a single person to achieve what he did and his family contributed to his achievement as much as any other. sorry for every single person's loss in this pandemic and sorry they have not had the chance to be with loved ones  

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
5 minutes ago, snowspotter said:

What the heck has the GFS got against the SE . Crap wet and miserable . I hate that model 

Hopefully it's having a blow up low wobble. We'll see.

Posted

I know it’s been mentioned already but I was going to say that MO update is really surprisingly bullish. I’m still siding with them here, not the GFS. Granted there will probably be a middle ground somewhere - nowhere close to severe like ECM but you never know

Posted
8 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Evening all,

Hope yourselves and your Families, are well.

I have spoken many times on this Forum, about my Son Antony. ......

Tom.  

@TomSE12, i would love to reply to this post, but i cannot find words to do so. I wish you and yours all the very best 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, simonhall6 said:

Not weather related 

just wanted to say RIP Captain Sir Tom Moore, what a great man and inspiration he was. So sad !,

Captain Sir Tom was an inspiration for me. 

Ive seen the likes of Sky news and BBC running with the usual scaremongering Coronavirus diagnosis, whilst his family have stated that he had a bout of severe pneumonia with possible coronavirus symptoms.

The media’s scaremongering of influenza, sorry.... ‘Covid’ as they’d like you to believe, is sick as well as pathetic. 

• Like 1

Posted

:doh: next lot of models are coming out ...... standby for tears before bedtime, toys out of prams, prozac in the excess and as much alchohol as you can take..... hate the way people think a computer generated model can predict the future

Posted
4 minutes ago, Polaris said:

Captain Sir Tom was an inspiration for me. 

Ive seen the likes of Sky news and BBC running with the usual scaremongering Coronavirus diagnosis, whilst his family have stated that he had a bout of severe pneumonia with possible coronavirus symptoms.

The media’s scaremongering of influenza, sorry.... ‘Covid’ as they’d like you to believe, is sick as well as pathetic. 

well, regardless of that, he inspired me too; and another sad loss of life, albeit, someone who has influenced so much in his endeavours. so let the media do as they please, let us think how we feel  

Edited by MAF
  • Like 3

Posted
4 hours ago, Snipper said:

Pigeons trying to trash my broccoli plants. Will have to rig up a Chris Packham scarecrow. That should put them off. He certainly puts me off.  

Can say that again turn him off on the tv whenever he pops up. Lies and doesn’t understand the countryside 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Tom Jarvis said:

Can say that again turn him off on the tv whenever he pops up. Lies and doesn’t understand the countryside 

well he has a pretty impressive CV including a Batchelor of Science degree 

1200px-Chris_Packham%2C_People%27s_Walk_
EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

I've only got a degree in Mech Eng.  perhaps thats why i can't determine the weather  

Edited by MAF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
7 minutes ago, MAF said:

@TomSE12, i would love to reply to this post, but i cannot find words to do so. I wish you and yours all the very best 

Thanks Mick,

it's really hard knowing this awful condition will take him, as it did my first Wife, and his Sister has the HD Gene as well.

Hope Malcolm doesn't mind but below is an image of Antony and Hayley, either side of a friend at the V-Festival about 12 Years ago:

large.gallery_2739_1518_1478.jpg.f253a13ebe9fa4ccf79c706bcfc0b168.jpg

And below Antony at 6 Months old, with his Mother, my first Wife Jackie-Lee:

large.gallery_2739_1354_194379.jpg.d01d3912c948b9e14a5d43347bfc7f6d.jpg

In Weather news, over to the ECM Model in a short while.

I'm still sitting on the fence for another couple of Days, regarding the broadscale Synoptics and a little longer, for the finer microscale details.

Regards,

Tom. 

Posted
9 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Thanks Mick,

I'm still sitting on the fence for another couple of Days, regarding the broadscale Synoptics and a little longer, for the finer microscale details.

Regards,

Tom. 

well we all have our personal stuff and mine is dealing with my wife who has fibromyalgia, but at the end of the day we do as best we can. so chin up mate, so long as you can say 'i wish i had... ' then you will have no regrets as to how the future holds out

weather related.... will it snow?

Edited by MAF
as to the future holds out
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
6 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Thanks Mick,

it's really hard knowing this awful condition will take him, as it did my first Wife, and his Sister has the HD Gene as well.

Hope Malcolm doesn't mind but below is an image of Antony and Hayley, either side of a friend at the V-Festival about 12 Years ago:

large.gallery_2739_1518_1478.jpg.f253a13ebe9fa4ccf79c706bcfc0b168.jpg

And below Antony at 6 Months old, with his Mother, my first Wife Jackie-Lee:

large.gallery_2739_1354_194379.jpg.d01d3912c948b9e14a5d43347bfc7f6d.jpg

In Weather news, over to the ECM Model in a short while.

Regards,

Tom. 

Thanks Tom.

Best wishes to you, Antony and your family.

Mention of the V festival brings back fond memories of going to the first one (V96) at Chelmsford. As I recall, Paul Weller headlined with a surprise guest appearance by Noel Gallagher on guitar.

• Like 2

Posted

Is this the weather models thread?  It seems now to be a C19 discussion thread!

Are those who claim to hate certain models because they don't predict their dream weather actually serious?!  I'm finding it hard to tell in some cases.  

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ian Docwra said:

Is this the weather models thread?  It seems now to be a C19 discussion thread!

Are those who claim to hate certain models because they don't predict their dream weather actually serious?!  I'm finding it hard to tell in some cases.  

no its the regional thread and some of us discuss more than weather in a community occasionally. but i agree, i find it hard to tell what people post about the weather in the far future as opposed to what may happen in 2 -4 days time. and even that timescale can be unreliable when there is unpredictable weather  phenomena occurring

• Like 2

Posted

Here is how ECM has seen 1pm this coming Saturday 6th February, in the 12z from Sunday, Monday and Tonight. 

ECM1-144.gif

ECM1-120.gif

ECM1-96.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

Unfortunately the trend isn't our friend for us down here in the SE & EA once again. Everything is just too far north for us to benefit, we need to see a 100-200 mile shift south over the next few runs to bring us back into the game.

I can't believe we might miss out once again while the north gets buried. Typical of our luck this winter!

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, NewEra21 said:

Unfortunately the trend isn't our friend for us down here in the SE & EA once again. Everything is just too far north for us to benefit, we need to see a 100-200 mile shift south over the next few runs to bring us back into the game.

I can't believe we might miss out once again while the north gets buried. Typical of our luck this winter!

I think the models will firm up on Wed/Thur 

• Like 2

Posted

This particular run looks naff for a bit, but we’ve still got to clear the hurdle of getting an easterly in at all, so any run that does at the moment should be viewed as a win

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow
6 minutes ago, yamkin said:

I think the models will firm up on Wed/Thur 

Let's hope so @yamkin and in the grand scheme of things a 100-200 mile shift south for our tiny island in the models is nothing. So it's definitely still possible, just don't want to see anymore corrections northwards that's for sure.

• Like 1