Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
23 minutes ago, Noob said:

Ah so it is all down to the wind how long does the wind have to be maintained for for a streamer to form , i mean the distance between the 2 i mentioned must be no more than 50 miles can the winds really be that different in my location compared to where the streamers formed ? Thanks for replying MB  

As soon as winds converge then it can start to force uplift, convection/clouds etc....these then flow along the line of convergence. Believe it or not 50 miles can be a huge distance in this sort of set up, which ends up pretty localised!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
Just now, Jason M said:

That's nothing. Next weeks easterly will be so dry that the reservoirs will all dry up and we will have a hosepipe ban 

Lol. Even though it’s modelled atm that way a nudge of heights to the north it’s a different story... altogether... it’s a working progress atm anyway.. we’ll see what the 18z chick up shortly

Posted
20 minutes ago, masked_firefly said:

Just popped my curtains open - I live pretty much a Lampost!

honestly didn't think it would still be going here tonight earlier this evening!.

Lampost watch a go for tonight! Currently mini blizzards everytime the wind whips up! 

That 'Fuzziness' around the lamp? It's snow! 

08DD6352-96D6-49FD-888A-11C332582FE9.jpeg

Nearly spat my beer out when I read the first line of your post... 

• Like 9

Posted

I see a little streamer type thing just to the east of me and it’s getting closer, I might see a flake. Dreading working outside in this weather tomorrow, it’s blowing a Gale, windchills gonna be harsh

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, abruzzi spartan said:

1cm of snow in the places where it has actually settled.  Not bad for 12 hours of falling. And all that at 110m asl.

Dry and cold now.  Breezy.

Tempted to head out for a walk later but not convinced I'll need to dig out the crampons and ice axe just yet.

It has been a tedious day!

Posted
1 minute ago, bobbydog said:

Nearly spat my beer out when I read the first line of your post... 

Posted
6 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Hello! My parents live in Capel Court Park so probably not a million miles from your mother in law then.

It’s very pretty up there isn’t it? Has its own climate at times; often snowy or foggy when nowhere else around it is.

My dad said they were up to 3” at lunchtime and it hasn’t stopped all day so they must be approaching 6” by now.

Hi lottie,  everything you said is true, except I was talking about Capel near Dorking, apparently there's a Capel near Folkestone as well 

Our Capel nearly always gets snow when we get none and its only a few miles up the road.

• Like 1

Posted

B4 we get involved in potential for the overnight period.. check these windchill factors (in direct exposure)....  Also all points are favourable.. region wide.. and will likely continue the climb down!! our air sourcing @continental.. are bordering brutal..@windchill 

EC41EE31-39C7-4280-A785-449DCAD0D0AE.png

514D82E7-8D8D-46DA-9152-44A18469B34C.png

• Like 2

Posted

Just light snow in Sandwich now but it's been wonderful since the sun has gone down and the paths and roads have slowly turned white.

Edited by soopdragoon
Wrong files
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
1 minute ago, Great Plum said:

It has been a tedious day!

Looks like the inland snow depths have been over exaggerated to me. Only really the areas near the coasts that did well. Most forecasts here had anything up to 10cm by the end of Sunday, it’s looking like a dusting is going to be it for today!

• Like 1

Posted

Not really been in thread Twitter took over had over 8 hours of snow not of great intensity, I blame the mild weather we went abruptly to cold  sadly only started to settle at dusk not on concrete so have a light dusting on most surfaces and then it stopped. Expecting to do better tomorrow better wind direction and well surface is now freezing cold no worries with settling forecast a high of -1C by Met Office a very rare occurrence in inner London.

• Like 4

Posted

Absolutely zero snow still.

That line, the only 4eal shot at snow probably, managed to disintegrate and then slightly reform ust west of Bordon.

So somehow still 0 snow...and that's probably the way it will stay all week. Probably be one of the only places to not even see a flake...

Posted
22 minutes ago, pinball wizard said:

Very difficult to accurately measure the snow depth here given the amount of drifting and blowing snow, that said what was my lawn is now nearing 15cm of level snow and on my way back from the coop the snow on the pavement was KNEE deep so pushing 60cm. Never seen snow like this in Ipswich, its so powdery its blowing around like sand.

He said he had spots in the garden that were well over a foot deep in the drifts - quite a remarkable day - I always thought a few places would hit the jackpot. Enjoy! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Well I can report, we have ice pellets, its a start

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very warm (not hot!)
14 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

The convection belt waking up... the delayed ramifications could have been worth the wait.. overnight looks very interesting... we’ll have a gander in the nxt half hour.. for progression/possibilities

Still nothing of note in TW13.... 

Posted

A truly epic day in East Ipswich non stop snow since 07:00 and currently blizzard conditions outside at 21:30. Hard to judge a reliable depth with drifting tho must be 12cms + Beats 2010 for me just purely on persistence of snow. Could be a once in a lifetime event for me with global warning ( I’m 35 ) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

A week old thread at 300 pages must be close to a record?

• Like 3

Posted

I’m As much as I like my DnB -/hard house .. walking ?‍♂️ in the snow listening to this man@paulo nutini- @better man. is soothing and soul cleansing... just thought I’d put that out there ?‍♂️@snow seems to wake up the soul.. and a big part of why we are all here initially!!Gotta love paulo.. Amazing talent.. paulos voice doesn’t sing... he’s soul does ✊

Edited by tight isobar
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Definitely worthy of a MO Amber.

Hearing stories left right and centre here locally about cars piling up and nearly crashing into walls.

Crazy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Farmer friend of mine has had to rescue 4 cars stuck in drifts tonight in East Suffolk. He's just got back home and there's reports of another one stuck. Could be a long night.

• Like 3