Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
4 minutes ago, Wynter said:

And again, why are you changing what was said? Was ridiculed last night for following the MOs updates and watching the MO app update for the worst. I was told just watch the radar.... 

Didn't need to do that obviously, because the MO was right. So no, we're not in agreement at all.

Just to be clear, you are saying that the Met Office was right, but at the same time this is the same Met Office that put out amber and yellow warnings for areas that might now see substantially less snow than predicted?

Watching the radar was the correct advice.

Not going to argue with someone over the internet, never have and don't plan to start now.

Hope you get some snow in the coming days, even if this is a busted flush there are still some opportunities.

Posted
2 minutes ago, classylady said:

Good morning all you mad people! Just woken up, quick look out the window and it’s still raining, Should I go back to bed for a couple of hours or stay up? Hmmm...

Back to bed and wake up at 7am I reckon

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters
2 minutes ago, Southender said:

Morning Paul...

Dare I ask where the snow is at?

Front was defo too far NE which was the worst possible outcome I would say. As it takes longer to cool and we don’t get any action. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Yeah there is a certain element of sense to that.

The winds will turn more ENE towards Monday evening, though as per everything the placements of the lows will dictate exactly when that will happen.

AROME still giving over 25cms to the area just east of Maidstone fwiw which obviously if a NE streamer does form is quite a possible outcome.

Still I'm saddened that there are going to be a lot of very dissapointed people out there first thing tomorrow is things don't shift soon. I expected nothing, but its even worse to expect lots and then struggle.

I was there myself a few years ago in Jan 19.

Everything looked so rosey 12 hours ago and the MetO are seemingly still bullish (although the acid test will come later when they review current warnings)

There's more than enough to keep my interest intact although it's equally easy to see why some are all also dejected.

Posted

Yes Darcy is nearer Denmark than she is to the Uk, if you look on Sat24 at the Benelux radar and run it you can see a finger of cloud now running in a straight NE To SW line down the coast of the Uk

Posted

After a couple of hours of stalling and even rising temps in Maidstone now dropping relatively quickly (exactly in line with met office forecast tbh)  temp 1.8.  Dp 1.2

As someone said in a previous post about GFS having it slightly further north and west.  That would tie in with the slower transition.  Things an hour or two slow but I think all will be good.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

I think I’m going back to sleep, and will reassess in a couple of hours or whenever I wake up

Good luck all! Let’s hope it’s just running late!

• Like 1

Posted

I will carry on this argument because I never said the MO was right. I said I was "following the MOs updates" which were showing this as a bust until during Monday day time.

If I had just watched the radar without following the MO I would have been staring at the radar all night wondering why nothing was happening! What a waste of time that would have been.

So again, no, watching the radar was the incorrect advice. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Yes Darcy is nearer Denmark than she is to the Uk, if you look on Sat24 at the Benelux radar and run it you can see a finger of cloud now running in a straight NE To SW line down the coast of the Uk

Right so we are talking a delay rather than cancellation here right?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Snowing in East Suffolk (no real elevation) and 1.0C. Obviously not laying. 

I woke up and looked at the radar and thought precipitation was going to be the issue, not temperature!  Actually surprised how heavy it is compared to what the radar shows 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

It’s snowing here and the wind has really picked up. There is certainly a delay but let’s not throw the towel in yet x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

Despite some haughtiness about people trusting what apps say, the ‘event’ has been continuously pushed back for a ever later start. The Met office had our area down from 2am for the start. The Dutch radar that was showing from around 3/4am has delayed now to much later on. Of course, the weather will do as it pleases but it highlights, perhaps quite painfully, the sheer complexity of how our weather systems work and how, when you try to convince a somewhat already sceptical public that climate change needs urgent address, no matter how many millions of pounds are poured into ever more complex computers that try to unlock the secrets of our climate, that they are often hopelessly wrong! It’s the crying wolf effect. I’m still hopeful of course that the boys will get a snowball fight today but it goes to show how basic our understanding of the weather really is. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Southender said:

yesssss

Good signs its snowing 40 miles to our north and good signs we still have a North Easterly off the land and not hot easterly off the tropical bath lol

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Right having a break from here for a while.. I’m off to watch only fools and horses on Netflix.. then after that I’ll be bk in here for some comedy

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Spraggyy said:

Guys calm down it’s just late

Yes and Girls are allowed to be late..... Maybe Darcy thinks its her wedding day and she has gone around the block a few more times

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Just looking at traffic cameras and M2 at J1-2 is showing snow at the moment, not seeing many signs elsewhere yet of snow in the roads in the area.

Maybe Boxley downs have snow but I'd get soaked by walking up there. Onwards and upwards  ay

Posted
1 minute ago, Jamie M said:

Yes this is the area that has been under the heaviest precipitation now for several hours which has obviously dragged the colder temps down to the extent that it has now allowed snow to settle. They could quite easily be on 3-5cms by sunrise.

Timing wise AROME isn't far off at the moment based on the above.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Southender said:

I hope so! I must be mad, setting my alarm for 5am on a Sunday morning!!

Still raining here btw