IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion February 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
4 minutes ago, TN26 said:

Is this Storm Darcy the Iberian low or an Atlantic system that has stalled over Holland and now going into reverse? 

Kinda lost track of the details in the Mad thread

Hey TN26 not sure if you're aware but your signature video takes up the entire post when you update, it's as if you're talking about your video every time :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dunstable Snow said:

Yes it’s looking that way. Everton and Burnley away next - we never get results at either of those places - if we win both these game’s I might believe we have a chance. 

back to the weather - now starting to lay in Dunstable. 

Only used Lay on the downs in Dunstable

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
6 minutes ago, Ian Docwra said:

MetOffice infrared shows the frontal plume expanding northwards but the whole system moving eastwards - away from us.  Only rain at the 2100 update everywhere except high Yorkshire/Lancashire.  

Several places in the north of this region have already reported a wintry mix.. ahead of schedule. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Wynter said:

Snow pushed back to 9am in my location from 2am a couple of hours ago. What the f**k is going on?!

I hope this doesn't flop!

The snow is being pushed back hour after hour. Now 1000 for light snow in my location (was 0100 for heavy snow earlier). Sadly it’s looking poor if not very poor for much of our region. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Dj fart said:

Well, sorry for "clearly" having other things to do on a Saturday night which meant I missed this update!

That’s ok ..... it wasn’t meant as a dig and you didn’t take it that way 

2 minutes ago, Wynter said:

Snow pushed back to 9am in my location from 2am a couple of hours ago. What the f**k is going on?!

Ours has pretty well gone completely  now .......  funny old game ....

will be cold in that wind though .......

Posted
1 minute ago, Downpour said:

The snow is being pushed back hour after hour. Now 1000 for light snow in my location (was 0100 for heavy snow earlier). Sadly it’s looking poor if not very poor for much of our region. 

And some people were expecting red warnings

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
14 minutes ago, Wynter said:

. Chill.. mass pivot taking place @holland now and the easterly gaining traction... all looking dandy to me.....still think western extent being miss -modelled early on.... the fat man has got he’s token.. and strapped you in... the rollercoaster... is reving up ✊

Edited by tight isobar
  • Like 9

Posted
1 minute ago, Stabilo19 said:

Several places in the north of this region have already reported a wintry mix.. ahead of schedule. 

Looking like a bust unfortunately - downgrades all day and now very little on offer from the front. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Downpour said:

? The event hasnt even started yet everything's going to plan. First rule of now casting is dont pay attention to weather apps forecasts 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
3 minutes ago, Wynter said:

You're not allowed to say anything "negative" in here, careful. Even if it's just what you can see. It's blatantly obvious that the warnings are overblown and we are not going to see the sort of depths being mentioned 24-48 hours ago. That's just how it is. Doesn't make me a troll or on a downer. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Wynter said:

. Chill.. mass pivot taking place @holland now and the easterly gaining traction... all looking dandy to me.....still think western extent being miss -modelled early on.... the fat man have got he’s token.. and strapped you in... the rollercoaster... is reving up ✊

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow, beast from the east
Just now, Dj fart said:

You're not allowed to say anything "negative" in here, careful. Even if it's just what you can see. It's blatantly obvious that the warnings are overblown and we are not going to see the sort of depths being mentioned 24-48 hours ago. That's just how it is. Doesn't make me a troll or on a downer. 

Yep it will sink south , may just clip the English coast

Posted

I detect the atmosphere souring a touch in here. Probably a good time to get a few hours kip and come back around 3-4am I think ????

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Dunstable Snow said:

Yes it’s looking that way. Everton and Burnley away next - we never get results at either of those places - if we win both these game’s I might believe we have a chance. 

back to the weather - now starting to lay in Dunstable. 

Everton, Burnley, Sheff Utd, Palace. 9 points min required. Feb will define our season. 

Posted
Just now, tight isobar said:

. Chill.. mass pivot taking place @holland now and the easterly gaining traction... all looking dandy to me.....still think western extent being miss -modelled early on.... the fat man have got he’s token.. and strapped you in... the rollercoaster... is reving up ✊

To add.. rapid transition now across the water .. as our overheads climb down.. the fun button getting switched on...

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, Dj fart said:

That’s right. It’s fair enough to mention downgrades I think. There is a downgrade across our region sadly. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
Just now, Dbarb said:

Where has all this negativity come from all of a sudden it's only 10 a clock things wont start till after midnight

From Londoners, Covid Capitol 

• Like 1

Posted

Based on radar trends - I am expecting most of Kent to be 'wintry' by 1am - plenty of ppn piling in as well.

I know Kent is only a part of the region, so a bit IMBY - but also the part of the region that has been largely starved so far. 

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Downpour said:

Oh dear stop obsessing over a silly app and see what’s happening in real time you might be surprised! 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Not panicking (it's only the weather), not being negative, just saying what I think will play out. I'd love to be wrong, I'd love to wake up to a decent covering and watch it build up under constant showers all day. 

Here's hoping, eh? 

• Like 1

Posted

This is a now casting situation from now on aswell, your best bet at what's going to happen near you is looking at radar and radar trends not what the bbc weather app is showing

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Stu_London said:

Based on radar trends - I am expecting most of Kent to be 'wintry' by 1am - plenty of ppn piling in as well.

I know Kent is only a part of the region, so a bit IMBY - but also the part of the region that has been largely starved so far. 

As well as east sussex. We have been starving for years!!

• Like 2