Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

10 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Yep the Sledge has found its way into my car somehow - Poor thing not been out since March 2018

I heard sledging was a new sport.. 

Sport is essential. 

All jokes aside if anyone does have an opportunity to go sledgeing stay local keep distance.. Be sensible.. 

Rapidly approaching  - 1 here which is the lowest Temps expected tonight.. Could we get lower and aid better snow chances.... Keep the faith

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

The first front is warm, the catch up front is cold.

I’m sure it’s the other way around hence snow first then rain? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Suspect my proximity to the coast (about 10 miles inland) will mean mainly wet snow or sleet but certainly an amber snow warning for a large part of East Anglia isn’t something you see very often!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
Just now, Coopsy said:

I’m sure it’s the other way around hence snow first then rain? 

Nope it's running into cold air, hence the snow at first, it then mixes the cold out, so it changes to rain, the cold front is behind.

• Like 2

Posted

Cold here in East Sussex. Details to the left. T +1.7 D +0.6

Davis VP2

Posted
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

Nope it's running into cold air, hence the snow at first, it then mixes the cold out, so it changes to rain, the cold front is behind.

Ok thanks. Just when I think I’m starting to learn things I get myself all confused lol 

• Like 1

Posted

Although not surprising but the gfs is still having none of it for tomorrow, would of expected it to catch up with everyone else 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Temps dropping like a stone now here in Farnham!! 

temp 0.6 

dp -0.8 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Currently -0.2'c here in Reading, which is probably a degree or so colder than what most models have been suggesting for this time. The NetWx SR model produces a poor outcome for snow lovers tonight, but is wildly out by 4'c degrees on temperatures for the current time for Reading anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spraggyy said:

Although not surprising but the gfs is still having none of it for tomorrow, would of expected it to catch up with everyone else 

It sucks when it comes to minor details and the higher res takes over.. It had snow in places yesterday that saw all rain and rain in places that saw all snow.. 

Really no model will be 100% now just a case of radar watching and temp watching.. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

High of 2.4C here today, now 0.2C with DP of -0.6C And it's only early evening.

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Surrey said:

It sucks when it comes to minor details and the higher res takes over.. It had snow in places yesterday that saw all rain and rain in places that saw all snow.. 

Really no model will be 100% now just a case of radar watching and temp watching.. 

Agreed, I am mainly concerned for the other half getting to ashford international on the train tomorrow for 8am as she works in a vets and they will need her, but I guess we shall see when we wake up at 6am 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
2 hours ago, jamesgold said:

Fantastic forecast for us from the MetO, really hope they’re not overplaying it. It does seem like East Anglia will be the best place to be, but I’m hoping here in Bromley (being 60m asl) I should be in with a shot of something...

I agree. Where I work is virtually sea level in Huntingdon area but I live near South Cambs at 70M ASL and the amount of times during marginal events  
I have left home with settling snow only to get to work and have sleet.

Just shows even say 50 Metres can make all the difference.

• Like 2

Hi Peeps

Looks like I have joined the party a bit late but I have just had time to catch up with the latest after my days work.

It has been cloudy most of the day in Walthamstow although some breaks have allowed the sun to come out.

I am so excited now about the possible snow ❄️ in the morning. My location here in NE London is nearer to the amber warning boundary so I do hope seeing a winter wonderland for a short time. Saying that hope all you lovely peeps see settling snow we are due some excitement in our region. I don't think I will be able to sleep properly with the excitement my family says I am mad lol .

Also there is some kind of hint that after our mild blip this coming week things may get colder again towards next weekend. I still think our region does a lot better with E or NE winds so I hope fingers crossed that Siberian express heads our way, 

Lastly there is still time to hold our heads up. It's only Mid January we still got another 6 to 7 weeks for a proper shiver and whiteout so time is still on our side.

Anyway good peeps stay safe and keep smiling Could be a long night ahead. Hope everyone gets a covering of snow however short it may be for.

take care for now

regards

• Like 1

Posted

Temp -0.2 c 

Dewp -2.1c 

Ppn by my estimate is around 615am falling as snow 

I'm 7 miles south of the amber warming 

So I'm hoping for 2-5cms 

10am should see it turning back to light rain till it clears by 1130am so hoping for slight thaw

Edited by Lampostwatcher

Posted
9 minutes ago, E17boy said:

Hi Peeps

Looks like I have joined the party a bit late but I have just had time to catch up with the latest after my days work.

It has been cloudy most of the day in Walthamstow although some breaks have allowed the sun to come out.

I am so excited now about the possible snow ❄️ in the morning. My location here in NE London is nearer to the amber warning boundary so I do hope seeing a winter wonderland for a short time. Saying that hope all you lovely peeps see settling snow we are due some excitement in our region. I don't think I will be able to sleep properly with the excitement my family says I am mad lol .

Also there is some kind of hint that after our mild blip this coming week things may get colder again towards next weekend. I still think our region does a lot better with E or NE winds so I hope fingers crossed that Siberian express heads our way, 

Lastly there is still time to hold our heads up. It's only Mid January we still got another 6 to 7 weeks for a proper shiver and whiteout so time is still on our side.

Anyway good peeps stay safe and keep smiling Could be a long night ahead. Hope everyone gets a covering of snow however short it may be for.

take care for now

regards

Epping Forest looking like a decent shout tomorrow morning mate. High Beach area is usually 2-3c colder than E17 and often records much better accumulations. Take a walk / bike up there for your daily exercise!

Edited by Downpour
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Downpour said:

Epping Forest looking like a decent shout tomorrow morning mate. High Beach area is usually 2-3 colder than E17 and often records much better accumulations. Take a walk /bike up there for your daily exercise!

Thanks that's an idea not far from where I am. Don't talk about High Beach brings back memories of college days and especially Hang Mans Hill . We used to go there and test the theory. 

Regards 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme
35 minutes ago, Surrey said:

I heard sledging was a new sport.. 

Sport is essential. 

All jokes aside if anyone does have an opportunity to go sledgeing stay local keep distance.. Be sensible.. 

Rapidly approaching  - 1 here which is the lowest Temps expected tonight.. Could we get lower and aid better snow chances.... Keep the faith

Last i looked sledging is in the Olympics.  Thats a sport that is

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW

Temp dropped sharply, dew point already at -1C looking good so far for tonights front pushing from the west.

D3569058-15C7-409E-BECE-7B9146A4C19A.jpeg

Edited by XLNC
  • Like 1