Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
2 hours ago, Harsh Climate said:

Probably an old subject, but anyone got a link to where Steve Murr posts now? I heard on twitter but can't find him anywhere. Miss his invaluable input.

Lets be honest about this...a great contributor but there's been a fair few times he's been far from accurate, just like a number of posters with a bias.

• Like 5

Posted

A chilly morning, but the radar has had us under light rain for the last hour, but so far its still dry. Which will almost certainly chnage now i've posted this

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

it's raining.

Posted

back to the dark rainy dull days here. not very warm still. forecast is for 10C here friday. any hope (torment) on the horizon ?

Posted
22 minutes ago, Spraggyy said:

back to the dark rainy dull days here. not very warm still. forecast is for 10C here friday. any hope (torment) on the horizon ?

Yes weekend looking like snow possible 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

I'm waiting for that day where it feels like spring outside so winter is done with, can't tolerate anymore with this cold and boring weather 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
4 hours ago, Reefseeker said:

That's a lovely video Zak, watching the snow get ever deeper; adored the doggies playing together - are they frenchies? We have one but he can't go out as he's recovering from spinal surgery. I put up a video of Surbiton in the snow on my very small YouTube channel. you know, in case snowy days become a thing of the past, in the SE corner anyway!

Uniform grey skies here this morning but feels very cold. The pavements that got sun on them yesterday are clear while the ones that didn't are icey and slippery; our garden is still covered in partially melted then frozen snow. Dare we snow chase for the weekend? Carol just mentioned 'uncertainty' around it on BBC Breakfast, hmmm, could it be true.....?!

Hi Reefseeker,

Cheers. Yes, they are frenchies, and they are both called Luna and Neytiri. Wishing your frenchie a speedy recovery, by the way

I've also just seen your video - lovely scenery! The snow here is slowly starting to melt now:

P1070289.thumb.JPG.e233352f68edd521ff364794a0a5831d.JPG   P1070290.thumb.JPG.a4ee185ba0174335dd3021ca2f086300.JPG

It will be turning colder once again this weekend. Some models are showing the potential for snow this coming Sunday, and some aren't.  So it's quite uncertain at the moment if snow will fall for our region this weekend.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Atmogenic said:

I'm waiting for that day where it feels like spring outside so winter is done with, can't tolerate anymore with this cold and boring weather 

It felt like that yesterday while the sun was out. It felt deceptively warm. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

See there's talk in the mod thread, of yet another non event, here in the south east

Posted
6 minutes ago, snowrye said:

See there's talk in the mod thread, of yet another non event, here in the south east

Well judging how the last 8 -  10 weeks have gone, its the only thing to talk about; non-events. 

I will have this on my headstone i think....

"why believe in day 10 models?"

Edited by MAF
press the spacebar harder :D
  • Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, yamkin said:

Temp in Shirley, Croydon is 5.4C

4.5 down here with a low DP too. Cold rain today, rather than a warm up, is that coming?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Still really very cold here in Biggin Hill, although the wind is perhaps a little warmer.  Just started raining, so that will wash away the remnants of the snow. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I actually didn't feel cold at all when i was out in the snow on sunday. Quite odd for me.

But anyway, what was left of our snow has gone,

• Like 2

Posted

still small patches of snow in shady spots from friday night/sat morning as sundays event was too far south for here

been icy and felt very wintry again the past few days, ive forgotten what warm weathers like it’s been quite chilly this winter for here!

• Like 2

Posted
55 minutes ago, Hurricane Squad said:

Boom posts yet again in the Mod thread, @chionomaniac had the right idea, only go until T+140. 

yep looking at the gfs  for next week  things could  go Boom looking  very  cold  and wintry!!!

• Like 2

Posted
13 minutes ago, tinybill said:

yep looking at the gfs  for next week  things could  go Boom looking  very  cold  and wintry!!!

Next week, so it's gone below ten days?

Still to early though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Temperature low was -1.2 last night and we hit 4.9 here in Locksbottom this afternoon.a mainly gloomy day here with no sun and drizzle started about 3.45.Has been some heavy spells of rain here since 6pm on and off.next few days look milder with more spells of rain and then colder for Friday and weekend but not cold enough for snow with more rain looking more likely.The met office LR forecast does give u# some hope for beginning of February but yet again it looks more likely that it will be Midlands northwards that could see more snow.Really is turning into the Winter of Frustration!!

Posted
3 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

4.5 down here with a low DP too. Cold rain today, rather than a warm up, is that coming?

Slightly milder from tomorrow until Friday night

Posted
3 minutes ago, yamkin said:

Slightly milder from tomorrow until Friday night

Yep just wish it wasn't wet with it.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Pub run special tonight with whole of UK goes in freezer including SEProblem is it is at day 10 again.All happening tonight on Mod thread with bit of a ‘discussion’ between Chino and Tamara-felt sorry for Chino as felt he asked a genuine question re what February may hold from Tamara who I have utmost respect for knowledge wise-Response was a bit sharp bordering on rude tbh.Oh well much more important things than the weather at present

stay safe.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, sun and snow.
2 minutes ago, Hotspur62 said:

Pub run special tonight with whole of UK goes in freezer including SEProblem is it is at day 10 again.All happening tonight on Mod thread with bit of a ‘discussion’ between Chino and Tamara-felt sorry for Chino as felt he asked a genuine question re what February may hold from Tamara who I have utmost respect for knowledge wise-Response was a bit sharp bordering on rude tbh.Oh well much more important things than the weather at present

stay safe.

I have a secret dream to have a comment recommended by Tamara. 

About as likely as snow in Upminster though.

• Like 2