Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Well woke up at 6.30 had a peek out the window and snow was falling and by 7.15 roads everything covered probably 2-3 mm covering.By 8 it was raining and by 9.30 all traces of snow of snow gone with light to moderate rain falling till about 12.As afternoon progressed skies brightened and talk dog for a walk but the woods are so flooded and river flowing well and at highest level I have seen in the 8 years I have lived here.

maximum temperature was 6.6 today in Locksbottom and @9.30 was 5.1.Seriously worried with Tuesday and especially Wednesday when heavy rain is forecast we will be looking at flooding issues in SE.

YES I was disappointed in some of the comments in the Regionals by some of our northern friends.I am genuinely delighted when any part of the UK gets snowfall and find it therapeutic to watch the pictures and videos of the wonderful winter landscapes that occurred this week even if we missed out.It looks like that theme will continue in the latter part of next week and good luck to all those up north,I don’t begrudge you anything.If we miss out which seems likely so be it there is always the next opportunity and we still have 6-7 weeks of winter left.

Onwards and upwards..Our time will come stay??and stay safe

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
2 hours ago, staplehurst said:

Met office amber warning was a good match for that blue area.

Edited by 80sWeather
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, sun and snow.

After today’s snow failure, watching The Day After Tomorrow to cheer myself up. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Absolutely gutted by today's "fail" and the change in Meto outlook.... hopes of a cold end of Jan looking a lot less likely for us down here... as usual it's all central/northern areas with snow potential...  xx

Screenshot_20210116-225334_Samsung Internet.jpg

Posted
9 minutes ago, weathergeek said:

Absolutely gutted by today's "fail" and the change in Meto outlook.... hopes of a cold end of Jan looking a lot less likely for us down here... as usual it's all central/northern areas with snow potential...  xx

Indeed, up until a few days ago I was almost convinced we would see some widespread snow before the end of January.  All eyes on February now if we're lucky!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
30 minutes ago, weathergeek said:

Tbf that has been the stance of the met office for a few days now.If the UKMO OVERNIGHT RUN is the same as today’s then the SE WILL still have a chance of snowfall before the end of January.As I have said a few times in recent days on the MODthread we need the low on Thursday just 30-50 miles further east than currently modelled and say 100 miles further south .We will know more this time tomorrow.There is hope and pray the UKMO trumps the other models

• Like 6

Posted

Funny UKV is more interested in widespread wintriness during Thursday morning than it was this morning perhaps to its credit. While a fair bit of rain is expected as colder air drags in behind who knows. The FAX also shows 528 dam air in place to northern France as the low is clearing into North Sea, I don’t think it’s the low responsible for this but a wave feature which runs south of it. You can see on GFSP which is also interested one to watch. 

D46E12F7-FCA1-44DF-8BE9-449CBBB7D867.thumb.png.4f283bc6e6c2cfb60f5aa125b338a6de.png0DBDBC69-CAD7-4AB1-8F7E-05F760493EB1.thumb.png.ee4a06ab3f5480eba59a110baf208b7b.png16EBAEA2-9D83-4A72-AA1C-8A62D4D08426.thumb.gif.100793be331abcb1064710807094df1f.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Temp now is 6.8C...............I have a positive feeling the first week of Feb will deliver cold & snow. In fact, I think Feb will be cold & snowy at times ❄️ ❄️

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, yamkin said:

Temp now is 6.8C...............I have a positive feeling the first week of Feb will deliver cold & snow. In fact, I think Feb will be cold & snowy at times ❄️ ❄️

Do you have inside information?

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Don said:

Do you have inside information?

Just a feeling at this stage with great positivity!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
7 hours ago, yamkin said:

7 hours ago, yamkin said:

I personally think we will go the opposite with well above average temperatures, not record breaking like a couple of years back, but it’s March that I really think going to be the troublesome month. 

• Like 1

Posted

Snow pretty much all melted by this morning, which is actually a blessing, as the few remaining lumps are like ice and didnt need to be slipping whilst out walking the pooches across areas that are still flooded after all the rain. If we've got more rain coming, its going to get really bad over here again, fields are still like lakes from all the rain we've had.

Posted
9 hours ago, chris55 said:

Its in my diary lol...... Snow event for the middle section of the UK next weekend. It'll be news worthy.

Im expecting snowman pics from Cheltenham, Swindon, Hereford, Oxford, MiltonKeynes as a guide  

And zero from South East as per usual 

• Like 2

Posted

This caught my attention on the east of England Tuesday to Thursday outlook on the met office site this morning.

"This period becoming much more unsettled. Mild but rather wet and windy up to midweek, before potentially becoming much colder Thursday with some snow and further strong winds possible."

Also showing on the London and South East forecast so maybe something will come of it...

Edited by snowblind
  • Like 3

Posted
38 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Snow pretty much all melted by this morning, which is actually a blessing, as the few remaining lumps are like ice and didnt need to be slipping whilst out walking the pooches across areas that are still flooded after all the rain. If we've got more rain coming, its going to get really bad over here again, fields are still like lakes from all the rain we've had.

All that remains of our little snowman is a snowball, but had fun yesterday morning.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Clear blue skies to start here on what looks to be a fine and settled Sunday. Just some patchy high cloud forecast to drift in from the west at times. Temperatures expected to being around average for January (5-8c).

A local frost tonight before frontal systems begin to bring in more cloud and some patchy rain for tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

It's looking unlikey we'll see any decent/prolonged cold spell down here in the SE & EA from now until the end of January. Although like others have pointed out, Thursday could hold some interest so I wouldn't rule out seeing a few flakes or surprises along the way. Just for genuine cold it looks like we'll have to look ahead to February now.

Although the days are lengthening in Feb, more often than not we see the best of winter in February down here. I'm holding out hope for a BFTE, whether we'll get one or not I don't know. I just don't want anymore of this stuff from the NW/N, as the cold usually just runs out of legs by the time it gets down here.

I'll be looking for a Scandi high in Feb, with cold advancing from the east!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, slater said:

I personally think we will go the opposite with well above average temperatures, not record breaking like a couple of years back, but it’s March that I really think going to be the troublesome month. 

I hope not, we need a repeat of last year in march, fingers crossed. I hope the snow comes later this month, and in Feb. I love snow, but sun helps with certain other problems at the moment.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

image.thumb.png.819cee1e831ac19f67dd823bcc12c10b.png

Beautiful Sunday morning. Chilly breeze but the sun does brighten things up a lot!

• Like 2

Posted

Just about to pop out for my Sunday morning run, although it'll be a lot shorter than usual as I've not run for a month for various reasons.

Was a glorious sunny, blue sky affair about an hour ago, but it looks like the cloud is starting to rear its head (earlier than the MetOffice prediction!) to what seemingly could be a more cloudy afternoon. About 5c in the garden but its not the most accurate sensor on the best of days! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

I hope not, we need a repeat of last year in march, fingers crossed. I hope the snow comes later this month, and in Feb. I love snow, but sun helps with certain other problems at the moment.

There can hardly have ever been a time (WWs 1 & 2 notwithstanding) when a long warm, sunny spring and summer ought be welcomed by almost everyone??‍♂️

• Like 5