Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion January 2021 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Still -0.3c here in Southend. Pretty impressive. Will tick above freezing shortly but seems we are one of the colder parts of the region which is rare.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

DP is zero here now according to Langdon bay, though here it's still negative, and temp-0.5. still foggy. Although it's not as thick, although seems to be rebuilding again already 

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Some of the Mods seem more excited about the chance of Winter arriving, the Roles seem to have changed as I have been pessimistic for a while now, guesss I'd better check the charts.

Wow I actually think that we could generally get something like this pulling off, it's been on the Charts a few time now but over 300 Hours away but the timeline seems to have jumped forward to when they expect the Cold to come sinking in and now I expect that there if it stays in like this unti it's 144 hours aay is a significant chance of it being pulled off.

image.thumb.png.86e412a8d5f8f55eb8403e362dc36e0f.png

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

No snow but enjoying this cold winter sunshine, always second best. Currently 3.1c 

Posted
50 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

DP is zero here now according to Langdon bay, though here it's still negative, and temp-0.5. still foggy. Although it's not as thick, although seems to be rebuilding again already 

Just been to Sainsbury’s at the top of town on my lunch - thick fog on the hills! Temp down to 1.2c again here now with DP -0.1c

Looking at the predictive weather radar, this isn’t coming our way - is it??! (Predicted for 415pm)

BDBE87D0-D5D9-4E65-B938-0533A8DC5D42.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
4 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

0.3c now.

Oy oy - snow ahoy

88E34265-0292-401C-A27D-E051CDA0F153.thumb.png.03e38dbed0e9325621cba89a39d7ed5e.png

Has been back tracking for a while, know if it will finally come onto land, looks like a scared puppy. 

Edited by Sheldon Cooper

Posted

Later this evening could be interesting near estuary and London area we pull in an ENE wind. The HARMONIE model shows the risk it could surprise some.

6FEEBBC4-A37D-4546-A14D-D22468ED0328.thumb.png.81a3447ff89879eb1a8deb444909b72a.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
6 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

0.3c now.

Oy oy - snow ahoy

88E34265-0292-401C-A27D-E051CDA0F153.thumb.png.03e38dbed0e9325621cba89a39d7ed5e.png

It couldnt

could it 

maybe a little streamer could set up

Edited by snowbob

Posted

We are at 0.1c/-0.6c, and very cloudy. Looking towards the NE again.

Posted

Well this looks interesting.

1.7 here atm, reached -1.5 last night, also still misty.

Screenshot_20210108-133456_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1b947a1156c1f3b07b4dd30d7699212a.jpg

Does anyone know if the dew piont calculator like the one below are that accurate?

RGV3IFBvaW50IENhbGN1bGF0b3I.png
WWW.OMNICALCULATOR.COM

Check out the dew point calculator to calculate the highest temperature at which water vapor condenses.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

Look like it's going to be an afternoon/evening of watching the radar. Never know what surprises might pop up, as there's definitely activity just off the coast in the north sea.

Edited by NewEra21
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: Siberian
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level
15 minutes ago, StLuke said:

Anyone around Ipswich / Clacton way able to report whether any actual snow is falling?

I can confirm zero snow in Holland On Sea two miles from Clacton in answer to your question   Certainly dew points are low enough we just need some North Sea convection.  An Ice day today.  

Posted

Well the radar is looking interesting for those in the SE. And if you look at the type of precip falling over the sea off the SE coast compared to off the NE coast, it’s rain/snow. That bodes well over land...for now. 

I have no idea what the big blob is doing as it looks like it’s rotating, so may well miss most except extreme east Kent ?‍♂️Maybe someone more knowledgeable has an idea.

But already convection is starting so I think tonight there’s a good chance of some seeing something wintry in the sky - as winds turn anywhere from Suffolk, Essex along the coast into London and back along the Kent coast.

If the showers can get their act together inland could benefit too. 

Obviously the met office doesn’t see any thing of note happening but those who’ve lived through this set up for many years always knows there’s a chance of a surprise or two. I think right now most would take a dusting of snow from this cold spell. 

Convection, shear and dew points. If they play ball you might get lucky. How many times has that been said this past week. 

I may be used to 6 months of snow and cold in Canada during winter but there’s nothing quite like snow chasing in the SE.

Good luck everyone ❄️

Edited by Coopsy
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Temp risen to 2.00 here in Farnham, Surrey and Dp 1.1 

Didn’t expect it to warm up that much today 

Sue x 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Currently 1C, and grotty, here... But the trusty NW app (as much good as that is!) has us down for sleet, between 1500 and 1800hrs! Must resist the temptation to giggle!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms in summer, cold/snow in winter

The sky here in Herne Bay has gone from that leaden grey look to that orange tint we often associate with snow. Either that or my eyesight is suffering as I squint through the kitchen window!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Looks like incoming for East Kent on radar, unless it's just very dense fog showing on radar, it's very foggy again here now. Some fog all day today.

• Like 1