Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2020/21 chat, ramps, moans and banter

Paul

Posted

if this right ,i hope its not  its the day imtaking me mother in law  for her  jab!!

gfs-2-150.png

Posted
1 hour ago, TEITS said:

This output is so incredible I am not even sure I want the 12Z GFS to come off due to the current situation. The forecast would be like those in the classic 1980 E,lys i.e snow showers becoming heavier and more prolonged merging into periods of snow. Many a time I read that sort of forecast back in the old teletext days!

Still think we could see the E,ly sooner than the 7th Feb, possibly this friday!

Those were the days, TEITS. Ian McCaskill explaining " snow showers moving in off the east coast, becoming heavier and more persistent merging into longer outbreaks of heavy snow, with drifting in many places " I remember those days fondly.

• Like 3

Posted
26 minutes ago, MATTWOLVES said:

Nothing academic about that young man..Another reversal is putting us further into the cold picture a couple of weeks down the line.This could go down as the Winter that never went away.

Time for a comment from the " gull man" At last the charts have caught up! Remember last Friday I said that the number of gulls at the local waste tip had more than doubled The only reason could be cold weather moving in from the east, so they move inland. Warmest and best place? waste tips which give out their own heat and provide food. Checked today numbers increased again, would not expect more but they are settled in!Think I could patent a Gull weather forecast?Never knock nature!

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, jacke said:

Time for a comment from the " gull man" At last the charts have caught up! Remember last Friday I said that the number of gulls at the local waste tip had more than doubled The only reason could be cold weather moving in from the east, so they move inland. Warmest and best place? waste tips which give out their own heat and provide food. Checked today numbers increased again, would not expect more but they are settled in!Think I could patent a Gull weather forecast?Never knock nature!

you're not mistaking gulls for grebes are you? 

sorry, a few of the old 'snow-watch' members will know what i mean with that comment.

• Like 3

Posted
12 minutes ago, Purga said:

Quote just recently from Ian Ferguson aka Fergie.

'Getting colder into the weekend and as we go on the chances of profoundly colder weather developing are now increasing'.

As if we didn't know eh'

Why does fergie not post on netweather anymore?!

Posted
Just now, MAF said:

you're not mistaking gulls for grebes are you? 

sorry, a few of the old 'snow-watch' members will know what i mean with that comment.

Ah. yes, the Grebes. I wonder how ol Bill is these days. He had an uncanny knack of nailing the forecast with a helping hand of nature.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
5 minutes ago, GSP said:

Still got to happen yet of course, but weren’t the BBC running a story the other week to say the UK was done with snow at winter?

By 2040 in the south they reckon 

_105429907_snowkids.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

By the 2040s most of southern England may no longer get sub-zero days, new Met Office data suggests.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Getting some practice in by watching the weather channel 

20210201_205157.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
11 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Why does fergie not post on netweather anymore?!

Hounded off the forum for having an opinion that was different from the Greek Chorus !!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

By 2040 in the south they reckon 

_105429907_snowkids.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

By the 2040s most of southern England may no longer get sub-zero days, new Met Office data suggests.

Thanks. 19 years to enjoy yet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Apologies for sounding like a climate change denier (which I’m not lol) but this idea that cold and snow could be a thing of the past is based on what exactly by the BBC? I find this could be quite a dangerous and very misleading idea, certainly for the masses.

I agree climate is having some wild swings towards anomalous warmth globally, but I’m struggling to see how this will have any real effect under Synoptics in winter where you have a solidly frozen continent, and a pattern setup with easterlies that are possible in any winter, sourced from one of the coldest places on the planet. I can’t wait to see this theory pan out. The BBC will be eating these words in no time, in my honest opinion. Much like they will be doing this week from earlier forecasts. 

• Like 4

Posted

temps still of around 4- 5 c according to bbc week ahead forecast just now,Monday   to  wednesday next week,before it gradually turns milder.

Really that mild with such cold uppers?.Bookmarking this page to qoute this post next mon-wed.

Did they not see the 12z runs or something before doing the forecast

The met week ahead forecast mentioned much colder next week with East winds and Snow.https://youtu.be/56IWx1I4odg

Edited by SLEETY
  • Like 3

Posted
37 minutes ago, DAVE_ALLEN said:

Ah. yes, the Grebes. I wonder how ol Bill is these days. He had an uncanny knack of nailing the forecast with a helping hand of nature.  

but also an uncanny knack of winding just about everyone up on the forum  

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

temps still of around 4- 5 c according to bbc week ahead forecast just now,Monday   to  wednesday next week,before it gradually turns milder.

Really that mild with such cold uppers?.Bookmarking this page to qoute this post next mon-wed.

Did they not see the 12z runs or something before doing the forecast

The met week ahead forecast mentioned much colder next week with East winds and Snow.https://youtu.be/56IWx1I4odg

Will check out the 21:55 one ....

will it be the same as the one you saw ? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

And so it begins

Screenshot_20210201_212850.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/storms
41 minutes ago, jacke said:

I see this post on facebook 2 days ago they was moving east to west...I thought surely that's a sign of cold weather front the east. Time will tell

Screenshot_20210131-135538_Facebook.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
3 minutes ago, winterof79 said:

And so it begins

Screenshot_20210201_212850.jpg

Told you the other day you were going to get a pasting from this!!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
1 minute ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Told you the other day you were going to get a pasting from this!!

God knows what the weekend holds. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
35 minutes ago, edo said:

Getting some practice in by watching the weather channel 

20210201_205157.jpg

Can I ask how?  Not looked it for a long time now and I remember it as just being a case of calling it up on youtube  but seems not to be the case nowadays!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
Just now, winterof79 said:

God knows what the weekend holds. 

Not much for me but i would be excited if i was still in Saddleoworth, straight Easterly with bitter uppers will always deliver for Huddersfield, which is showing on all 3 models & ensembles suites, if you live anywhere near scapegoat hill then bye bye.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
Just now, Timmytour said:

Can I ask how?  Not looked it for a long time now and I remember it as just being a case of calling it up on youtube  but seems not to be the case nowadays!

I have IPTV on a firestick which basically has all the USA channels, there are a few different providers of IPTV if you search it. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, thunderstorms and sunny summer days.

I thought I’d post it in this thread rather than model output for fear of being eaten alive by the coldies. 
I just had a look at the GFS 12Z and to be quite honest I was pretty disappointed after seeing all the euphoria in the MO thread. True it does bring an easterly, but it looks fairly short lived and is quickly replaced by a wishy-washy slack northerly before the Atlantic comes piling in again, with just a small chance of a reload in deepest FI. Am I missing something here? ??‍♂️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
1 minute ago, YellowSnow said:

I thought I’d post it in this thread rather than model output for fear of being eaten alive by the coldies. 
I just had a look at the GFS 12Z and to be quite honest I was pretty disappointed after seeing all the euphoria in the MO thread. True it does bring an easterly, but it looks fairly short lived and is quickly replaced by a wishy-washy slack northerly before the Atlantic comes piling in again, with just a small chance of a reload in deepest FI. Am I missing something here? ??‍♂️

Try looking at the ECM 

• Like 1