Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2020/21 chat, ramps, moans and banter

Paul

Posted

It’s been mildly(geddit?) uplifting to see the mild blip later this week becoming blippier and blippier on the weather apps.  A reverse of normal winters. 

We’ve been sadly starved of snow here in mid Lincolnshire so I hope we’re in with a chance this weekend. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, thunderstorms and sunny summer days.
1 hour ago, HellItsHot said:

It’s been mildly(geddit?) uplifting to see the mild blip later this week becoming blippier and blippier on the weather apps.  A reverse of normal winters. 

We’ve been sadly starved of snow here in mid Lincolnshire so I hope we’re in with a chance this weekend. 

The mid-Lincs snow shield has been running at full power this winter. I’ve still not seen any snow lying and very little falling

Posted

So where are we at the state of play re: the weather? 

I want some snow in Weston! Jealous of my relatives in the Midlands. 

Posted

Guess what that chart is showing Narnia in 10 days time.

Then tomorrow it repeats itself again  And again and again. 

For what it's worth stick to FAX not fictional Narnia land. Some posts in here are for a week or more ahead. 

If you want a real forecast just look at the BEEB at 2200 hours every night on BBC news they are pretty spot on. 

Its going to get much colder after this so called mild spell. South East will be in the action by this time next week with a Easterly but not as cold with powder snow. Atlantic pushing in from the west. Heavy snow.. You heared it from me first. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc
6 hours ago, NeilN said:

So where are we at the state of play re: the weather? 

I want some snow in Weston! Jealous of my relatives in the Midlands. 

What I’ve picked up in the MOD thread is there is a very high chance it will either be mild and wet, or cold with snow for the foreseeable future... 

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, SilverWolf said:

What I’ve picked up in the MOD thread is there is a very high chance it will either be mild and wet, or cold with snow for the foreseeable future... 

Reckon lots more cold upgrades to come 

• Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, SilverWolf said:

So, lots of Weather then!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.
4 hours ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Guess what that chart is showing Narnia in 10 days time.

Then tomorrow it repeats itself again  And again and again. 

For what it's worth stick to FAX not fictional Narnia land. Some posts in here are for a week or more ahead. 

If you want a real forecast just look at the BEEB at 2200 hours every night on BBC news they are pretty spot on. 

Its going to get much colder after this so called mild spell. South East will be in the action by this time next week with a Easterly but not as cold with powder snow. Atlantic pushing in from the west. Heavy snow.. You heared it from me first. 

Hope so...

So was that what they have mentioned last night then?

Posted

So we wait for the next round of supposed high lat blocking 5th Feb ish..............

The wait goes on....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
2 hours ago, joggs said:

So we wait for the next round of supposed high lat blocking 5th Feb ish..............

The wait goes on....

It's the 2nd week of February now according to Mr Hugo (not that I believe him) after his wafflings and hype of earlier in the month.

Wake me up when something actually happens of note in the south east, and not just some frosts, chilly days and cold rain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Froze were the Days said:

It's the 2nd week of February now according to Mr Hugo (not that I believe him) after his wafflings and hype of earlier in the month.

Wake me up when something actually happens of note in the south east, and not just some frosts, chilly days and cold rain.

...by which time towns near sea level need increasingly special synoptics for lingering snow, and most people are just ready for spring.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc
9 hours ago, cj114 said:

So, lots of Weather then!

Yeah, especially at day 10... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety

This is the dullest, most snowless prolonged cold spell I can remember. Normally in cold spells there are crisp cold sunny mornings, but this winter has carried on the gloomfest of autumn. The most sun I have seen recently was when I visited my father in Salford over Christmas. Might as well be living in northern Scandinavia with the many days of very low light levels these last few months.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, thunderstorms and sunny summer days.

Proper northern blocking of days gone by Vs 21st century northern blocking where the only people that benefit from it are in the north of Norway or the The Svalbard.

218A43B9-BCAA-457F-97BA-1CF8B9BDE506.png

7E2BB60E-64BE-4A51-855F-2479499525D9.png

Posted
5 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

All roads leading to cold  the second week of Feb...?

Manyana manyana.

Remember back in November,  when the talk was of a front loaded Winter? Then it was mid January,  then early February..

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
1 hour ago, mountain shadow said:

Manyana manyana.

Remember back in November,  when the talk was of a front loaded Winter? Then it was mid January,  then early February..

Well to be fair, the CET so far for this month is 3c. Way below average, so in that aspect it's not been a total bust if you like your colder stuff.

I just wish we'd get a snow event that wasn't marginal or milder air colliding with colder air all the time. Just proper cold air that will be snow if anything comes out of the sky, not a pivoting front or 2 hours of snow that disappears just as fast as it rains or turns milder after please! 

Posted
4 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Well to be fair, the CET so far for this month is 3c. Way below average, so in that aspect it's not been a total bust if you like your colder stuff.

I just wish we'd get a snow event that wasn't marginal or milder air colliding with colder air all the time. Just proper cold air that will be snow if anything comes out of the sky, not a pivoting front or 2 hours of snow that disappears just as fast as it rains or turns milder after please! 

I agree. it's been a better Winter than we normally get, we're just missing that more deep cold and longevity.

Posted

13c down here on the south coast tomorrow, barmy!!  

Shame about the constant drizzle it really has been grim this winter IMBY, very few sunny days, probably the dampest winter I can remember, Bring on spring.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
2 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

I agree. it's been a better Winter than we normally get, we're just missing that more deep cold and longevity.

It depends very much on your location. Here in Horsham it has been a depressing winter. Dull, cold, but not cold enough for snow. The worst of all worlds, virtually no snow but cold enough to ramp up the heating bills. If we are going to have severe sunshine rationing and no wintry weather I'd rather have a winter like last year, no danger of coming off my bike on ice.

Posted
16 hours ago, sebastiaan1973 said:

Wow 2020/21 is up there with some of the cold winters in terms of -ve AO days. Such a contrast from last year. Unfortunately we are yet to see any decent cold spell throughout the country. Still, there's February left tho. I just hope this winter offers something special cause it's not often this happens

• Like 1