Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion Jan 2021 Onward

#windysnow#

Posted
2 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

just hover the mouse over the french writing, press the right mouse button, and then select 'translate to english'

Lol the ppn charts or precipitation charts which in French is precipitations lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Met app has been on the sherry lol. Expect a correction after latest model run. I predict nice sunny day as the snow misses us to the South. Those showers could hit brum later as they are further South and wind direction change a few showers possible early evening.

629251412_Screenshot_20210123-101131_MetOffice.thumb.jpg.698377f2b7af051133bf9c59fc6c2ef2.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters, warm spring, hot summers

Moderate to heavy snow here now. Started light here around an hour ago! I know it's transient  but  I'm still cheered by it. ❄❄❄

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
12 minutes ago, sheikhy said:

Gfs 06z shows we still in with a chance!!!

indeed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold

Still in the warning area for Sunday, when I saw the cancellation notice pop up I thought that was for tomorrow but actually was for today’s warning 

8E624B13-CD35-4D36-B3A0-99C7AA3C260C.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Wondering if that batch of activity to the SW of the main Stoke-Staff-N Leics streamer, currently moving towards Oswestry/Shrewsbury, could clip S Brum??

Posted

Looking like today will be mostly dry...and the MO forecast is 40% chance of snow showers. Which I reckon is a fair assessment.

But...

Looking at the precipitation near Oswestry, it's actually making a better job of holding together and is heading this way. It's got the whole of Shropshire to traverse first...which isn't easy either by car or by north-westerly wind!

Edited by Gord
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Snow has turned from moderate to heavy in the past hour here. Back home now with dogs hot bath then lunch..

IMG_20210123_103639.thumb.jpg.16fd77ca7b136b33197e5261c8d83256.jpg

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

No weather warning out for here today or tomorrow but snow is coming down heavy and looks like a bit more to come. Everything white.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

When I saw the radar this morning I thought Matt would be happy in Stoke.

Couple of heavier showers here but not long lasting enough or in a proper streamer so they left mini coverings before the sun came out, but all have melted now. 

Looking pretty dry/crap for those anywhere from Birmingham northwards (other than Stoke/across to Derbyshire) tomorrow so need to try and grab a couple of showers this evening when it's dark. 

I'd not be surprised to see this continue to move South, they always do - Worscester/Hereford across to Cambridge will be the Northern extent/sweet spot. Points northwards staying dry. All points north of South Birmingham bone dry today and tomorrow.

Cheshire gap streamers are not what they used to be these days, we haven't had a good widespread one for years. Also too marginal and need to fall at night for most of the midlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers
1 minute ago, Gord said:

Looking like today will be mostly dry...and the MO forecast is 40% chance of snow showers. Which I reckon is a fair assessment.

But...

Looking at the precipitation near Oswestry, it's actually making a better job of holding together and is heading this way. It's got the whole of Shropshire to traverse first...which isn't easy either by car or north-westerly wind!

Yes that’s the batch I mentioned in the post previous to yours, think N Brum could be in business if it holds together, poss bit further south also.

80% chance of snow tomorrow for my locale.

Posted

Right, so, I now have no warnings for snow this weekend.

What then this this white stuff laying deep on the ground and filling the sky?  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Right, so, I now have no warnings for snow this weekend.

What then this this white stuff laying deep on the ground and filling the sky?  

Matt you are quids in today a conga line of showers heading for you. Sunday you to far North at present.

Posted
Just now, snowangel32 said:

Matt you are quids in today a conga line of showers heading for you. Sunday you to far North at present.

Yep, and already had quite a bit today but no warnings!