Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Shocking autumn/winter so far for coldies. Barely a decent frost yet and 13/14c next few days!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow? Thunder
On 29/12/2021 at 09:15, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Aye zero notable frost for me either Big Lad, nothing of note on the horizon either, ah well it's only weather 

Really disappointing......had ice on windscreen a few mornings since October but only one morning, and that was back in November, where we had a white frosty morning here........the constant rain over Christmas period has been depressing ......but nothing we can do about it......pity after it looked like at one stage we would have a nice cold frosty Xmas and then it looked like a potentially cold and wintry Xmas before it became apparent models had lead us up the garden path.....

Still, I never throw in the towel as I have seen many times where weather has flipped at short notice......still 10 or 11 weeks left to get proper wintry weather.....

Happy New Year  All.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

There was a decent snow fall today last year I have some lovely pictures I took when I was out early on my bike.

Posted
4 hours ago, gary1365 said:

There was a decent snow fall today last year I have some lovely pictures I took when I was out early on my bike.

Yeah was a decent cold spell last year from 27th Dec to around 9th Jan.....had a few days of falling snow here and a light covering on 7th Jan....then another cold spell from 18th Jan to 24th Jan with our best snowfall on 20th and then had another very cold spell in early Feb with some more snow........still time for things to change for the better this winter  .....early days 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer
14 hours ago, Summer Snow said:

Yeah was a decent cold spell last year from 27th Dec to around 9th Jan.....had a few days of falling snow here and a light covering on 7th Jan....then another cold spell from 18th Jan to 24th Jan with our best snowfall on 20th and then had another very cold spell in early Feb with some more snow........still time for things to change for the better this winter  .....early days 

This time last year was when I was introduced to “graupel”

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Happy New Year everyone , I note its been confirmed as warmest New Year's Eve on record for NI

Extraordinary warmth here at the moment.  Heating off and The Mrs wanting the windows open as too warm!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

GFS playing with out hearts again this morning.

Snow_J4.thumb.PNG.39d5040608c3c72176bc80f159bd0eaf.PNG Snow_J7.thumb.PNG.967a24ba8c7d8fec9cb693741af3ac1f.PNG

• Like 1

Posted
10 hours ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

GFS playing with out hearts again this morning.

Snow_J4.thumb.PNG.39d5040608c3c72176bc80f159bd0eaf.PNG Snow_J7.thumb.PNG.967a24ba8c7d8fec9cb693741af3ac1f.PNG

Best of luck to the rest of you outside Dublin, this set ups rarely drop anything in my neighbourhood (aka Dublin snow-shield!) 

Posted
1 hour ago, BIG LAD said:

Big drop in temps today. Currently 2.8c. 

Still 9 degrees here, before the cold air sinks south later...... at least much of this week will feel more seasonal with frost and even a little snow in some spots tonight and over next few days 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Temperature beginning to drop here, down 1.1C in the last 45 min to 6.9C. Will need to go much further before sleet even becomes a possibility.

EDIT: Plummeting now, down to 5.4C, so a 2.6C drop in little over an hour. Dew point still up at 4.5C, so needs to keep dropping.

Edited by BornFromTheVoid