Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Nick Sussex reckons everything that could go wrong with the charts this evening, did. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow? Thunder
2 hours ago, BIG LAD said:

Nick Sussex reckons everything that could go wrong with the charts this evening, did. 

Only way is up so ha.......still looks like turning colder from Tuesday night and staying cold out to end of next week based on current output .. . with snow chances increasing over following days especially for northern areas but runners could potentially bring longer spells of sleet or snow to southern parts later in the week......that will do me for now ......get the cold in and hopefully we will see upgrades.   Charts are going to change later next week either way, so not going to get hung up on the doom and gloom that may or may not happen ....if it breaks down there will be more chances and it may not break down at all ....models could have general idea right but everything could get shunted further south keeping us in the cold air ....or further north meaning much milder .....wouldn't rule anything in or out but still hopeful that the cards will fall right for us 

• Like 2

Posted

Sitting basically at winters half time. At the break it’s 7.7c an lashing, eventful was promised but first half mostly lacked the final pass. A few goal mouth encounters with snow for some and maybe a week ish of ice. Master tipster MS predicted second half magic and reckons we aren’t far from the real action in his pre match analysis. SSW the new player from the north comes on and we need/hope it creates some magic in the second half. 

• Like 4

Posted
5 minutes ago, gman144 said:

Sitting basically at winters half time. At the break it’s 7.7c an lashing, eventful was promised but first half mostly lacked the final pass. A few goal mouth encounters with snow for some and maybe a week ish of ice. Master tipster MS predicted second half magic and reckons we aren’t far from the real action in his pre match analysis. SSW the new player from the north comes on and we need/hope it creates some magic in the second half. 

I feel like a proper Ferguson rollicking and a boot thrown up the Greenland will do the do the trick ,

Posted
1 hour ago, gman144 said:

It's a strange old set of affairs. 

If the pattern moves 200 miles South East its snow, but 200 miles North West its rain.

Very volatile model output. 

Posted

Well MS what’s your prediction for 2nd half? Will it move 200 miles se? Is there more to follow? Has SSW early moves been calculated into models or is it still a guessing game?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summer. Snowy Winter.

Still reckon the further North you are the better your snow chances are at the end of next week. Was looking at the GFS perts and most of the snowy charts favoured the north. Fingers crossed we all see some white stuff next week.

Posted
42 minutes ago, gman144 said:

Well MS what’s your prediction for 2nd half? Will it move 200 miles se? Is there more to follow? Has SSW early moves been calculated into models or is it still a guessing game?

If the top boffins dont know, they're ain't no chance of me knowing. 

I have no doubt there will be a big snowfall somewhere as the Atlantic engages the colder air, but no idea where.

• Like 2

Posted
34 minutes ago, Baltic Regions said:

Jobs I don't want to do. 

IMG_20210114_150242.jpg

IMG_20210114_150320.jpg

Too right. Would rather shovel shecht. 

The automated forecasts (I know) are starting to show snow symbols from mid week so fingers crossed we see upgrades from here on in.

Posted
12 minutes ago, booferking said:

Was a linesman for 10 years brilliant job in good weather not so much in bad that's an old 275kv tower 

That's some commitment to the snow chasing ..trying to get that little bit extra height lol ... In all seriousness though that looks a tough job 

Posted

Slight upgrades this afternoon......that system on Tuesday further south so wouldn't be surprised to see some snow on northern edge as it clears away.....UKMO with better blocking which should keep incoming systems on a more southerly track maybe similar to GFSP... hopefully ECM can continue the upgrades.....I expect snow and frost to be in the forecasts from midweek to next weekend.   Hopefully models continue to push systems further south over coming days allowing better snow chances.....all to play for still and if we can get to next weekend with cold still in place and systems taking a more southerly track with better heights appearing to our north or north East, the longer term outlook could look a lot more wintry......could still all go Pete tong but still optimistic for better looking charts over coming days.  

• Like 2

Posted

Well my logs arrived. Most likely they’ll be used in the log burner in the garden on a summers evening!!!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, booferking said:

Hope the Jma is right as it would produce snow uppers would be supportive.

And that is how low we have fallen! 

• Like 1

Posted

Well, the colder air will arrive through Wednesday (sub -5c 850s), but any snow looks likely to be confined to higher hills for now.

Hopefully we'll get some heavier snow as the Atlantic tries to get back in.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm, sunny summers

Looks to me like standard Atlantic muck conditions here for the next while in the east - in spite of such an intriguing hemispheric profile. Frustrating to have the easterlies far north of our trough. 

Ah well, roll on summer. 

Posted

They probably won't pan out the way they are showing but the GFS precip charts look so good for snow layer next week and in to the following week but take with a pinch of salt and all that. All I know is that we are entering a very interesting period of weather and a wee storm midweek. 

Posted
17 minutes ago, ronan said:

They probably won't pan out the way they are showing but the GFS precip charts look so good for snow layer next week and in to the following week but take with a pinch of salt and all that. All I know is that we are entering a very interesting period of weather and a wee storm midweek. 

Yes turning colder by midweek and staying cold out to the weekend with snow likely in places.....all up for grabs after that but wouldn't be surprised if any warm up is brief and high pressure to north could even push the Atlantic systems further south with a more prolonged cold spell setting up....wouldn't rule anything out....

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Summer Snow said:

Yes turning colder by midweek and staying cold out to the weekend with snow likely in places.....all up for grabs after that but wouldn't be surprised if any warm up is brief and high pressure to north could even push the Atlantic systems further south with a more prolonged cold spell setting up....wouldn't rule anything out....

I really hope you are right. We could all be doing with a little bit of fun during lockdown. 

• Like 1

Posted

Precip charts look even better for us this morning if they are to be believed but this is now within 60+ hours. Lots of snow chances and look at this for midweek with the cold wrapping around that low. I really hope this comes off for all of you in the East. Just a slight shift West and we would all be buried. Lol

Screenshot_20210118_073621.jpg

• Like 1