Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted

Morning all, dry, mild and breezy this morning in the East Neuk. Currently 7.2c.

Lots to keep us interested both in the short and medium term. Expecting the thread to remain busy in the next 7-10 days! 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

For a while there is still a chance of Snow for a few days.

image.thumb.png.8bdd15acb0b721c128dd37915e50759d.png

Towards the East there is still a chance of a leaving low bringing snow.

image.thumb.png.e9045c2ad00115b5f183b92172ab4f1e.png

Not the greatest run but there is tim for it to change considering the time this could change back to what's been on the other runs or rather at least closer to those runs and at the moment looks lie there could be Arctic Air that has a high chance of happening but who knows what will happen.

image.thumb.png.7cf437f6cde3735404ddf1f021ee5f6c.png

• Like 4

Posted

Who knows,perhaps could bring soe more than just a few flakes depending on where you are.

2021-01-11-09-51-34.thumb.png.65ca84bc1436c92f698eaa1973115523.png

image.thumb.png.da125f2aaf6989b489687db83d05927d.png

• Like 1

Posted

Dark grey, raining, lethal slippy, snow melt.. what deviant married these conditions. Snow depth took a good old wallop overnight but relieved to see the reports this rain is turning to snow further north, currently peeing down 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Turned to sleet and wet snow here too. 

• Like 6

Posted

Heavy Sleet and Snow Today according to relatives in Scotland and who knows if we do get Some Arctic Air Spain will be looking at us.

• Like 1

Posted

Cheeky wee snow warning just issued!

Edit: Beaten to it 

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 9

Posted
5 minutes ago, JamesM said:

Just came up on my phone. Surprised at the “up to 30 cms locally” but I assume that relates to the higher parts of the highlands, southern uplands etc. 

Being in the warning area, I don't expect to see anything! I’m normally to far west in such marginal set ups in any case.  But at 130 metres, I could be in the game. 

Yeah, it's a stalling front I guess so totals could mount up. I'm like you, at the moment we're too far west so it'll probably not be cold enough or change to rain. On the other hand, still a few days to go and these events normally tend to trend south and west from past experience so a small nudge further west would bring us into the game properly. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Just in the warning area looks like they have stopped it at @ghoneyms house I think it will be mostly high ground we shall see how it goes over next few days. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Does the warning specifically exclude Ellon, or just imply it? I'd take anything as a change to the krap over Ayrshire at the moment. Nothing to be said for it at all, so I won't.

Temperature 8.3deg.C up from 5.9deg.C just after midnight, humidity is 96%, wind generally 3 to 8mph southerly with a max gust of 17mph at 08:37, pressure 1007.4hPa falling slowly, there's been 6.6mm of rain today, 10.8mm of rain in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 8/8.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

After raining most of the morning the temp had dropped to 0.6/0.2C and it's back to wet snow again. It'll be interesting to see if it lies with the ground being so wet after the thaw of the previous snow.

• Like 6

Posted

Just In Case of somehow missing it. 

Will probably only be high ground but who knows and of course there still is a chance that snow could still fall on low grounds just not as much. 

There is a chance of a period of heavy snow across this region; should it occur it is likely to cause significant travel disruption.

What to expect

There is a small chance of travel delays on roads with some stranded vehicles and passengers, along with delayed or cancelled rail and air travel

There is a slight chance that some rural communities, mainly those at higher elevations, could become cut off

There is a small chance that power cuts will occur and other services, such as mobile phone coverage, may be affected. - Met Office Warning

Also if you live in the Highlands

Screenshot_20210111_130618_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.52c13a770935e419850c86fd2443f7ac.jpg

• Like 1