Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer

Off topic here but how the hell do you add attachments to posts? I click the attachment part and nothing happens I'm old take pity😂

• Like 2
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 7.6k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ladies and gentlemen you are not going to believe it. After a wait of almost 3 years... 😮  

I don't suppose I have anything to complain about this winter...      .      

I've waited years to get a picture of the house covered with snow.  Finally!  

Posted Images

Posted

The fickle nature of wet baws. It’s currently 2.3c here with 80% humidity = wet baw temperature of +0.5c. It could snow all night but wouldn’t accumulate. Let’s assume humidity stays around 80%. What I need is the air temperature to drop to 1.7c or below = wet baw temperature below 0c.

A 0.6c fall in temperature. Not too much to ask, surely? 🤞☺️

• Like 6
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

It has been snowing for about 3 hours here, unfortunately very light flurries and nothing on the ground.

• Like 5
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
    6 minutes ago, drm said:

Off topic here but how the hell do you add attachments to posts? I click the attachment part and nothing happens I'm old take pity😂

Have you tried clicking the 'choose files' thing? (I'm old too but that's how I do it.)

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow

Min -0.7C

Currently -0.2C, had several 5 minute bursts of dry powdery snow overnight. No real accumulations though.

image.thumb.png.abb06d5571c5eddf7ce24f8c0d7ca83a.png

Will it be an ice day?

• Like 7
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
    4 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

It has been snowing for about 3 hours here, unfortunately very light flurries and nothing on the ground.

It must be fizzling out between you and where I am. Had a graupel shower about 1 and aside from the occasional flurry blown in the wind that’s it.

• Like 1
    Posted

Screenshot_20210207_140246_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.46c321c4ff17369ca8e2edf0604dd2cd.jpgOff topic here but how the hell do you add attachments to posts? I click the attachment part and nothing happens I'm old take pity😂 thank you now I,ll get the hang of it I was posting to show the Aberdeen snow shield 😂😂 

Edited by drm
    Doddery old fart
    • Like 6
    Posted

Temp sticking at -0.1c! If nothing else we might scrape our first ice day of the season! 

• Like 3
    Posted

Thank you Hairy Celt👍 I hate the start of cold spells from the east when on the coast or near enough,it takes a good 3 days to get the conditions right for any real accumulation while you see inland parts not that far away get plenty and still we are not properly 1.8c now and rising dps roll on the proper cold air  do dropped again was -2c an hour ago now it's -5c ,is this the shallow nature of the airmass flow? 

Edited by drm
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sunshine

Been snowing off and on all day just nothing is lying although last shower was quite heavy @LomondSnowstorm what’s it looking like from tonight onwards?

• Like 2
    Posted

who is enjoying the roaring heavy snow showers so far? 🙄 🤣

• Like 5
    Posted
    18 minutes ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

Good for you! Keep up the good work and then enjoy the game.

Would the team consensus be that it's a tad early for the snow chains?

Thought so...

Snow Sunday 3 (2).jpg

Is that a Land rover Defender? If so, I've never seen one fitted with snow chains, even on the farms higher up. Those machines are pretty much unstoppable in snow.

Nice colour by the way 👌 

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snoooowwww with some thunderstorms on the side
    23 minutes ago, drm said:

Screenshot_20210207_140246_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.46c321c4ff17369ca8e2edf0604dd2cd.jpgOff topic here but how the hell do you add attachments to posts? I click the attachment part and nothing happens I'm old take pity😂 thank you now I,ll get the hang of it I was posting to show the Aberdeen snow shield 😂😂 

Gotta say I’m really liking the look of the radar at the moment! Those showers are beefing up.

• Like 7
    Posted
  • Location: Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire (this lockdown) Freuchie, Fife (normally)
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time
  • Location: Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire (this lockdown) Freuchie, Fife (normally)
    10 minutes ago, Michael Kaii said:

Been snowing off and on all day just nothing is lying although last shower was quite heavy @LomondSnowstorm what’s it looking like from tonight onwards?

Should be getting heavier tomorrow through to Wednesday with lower thicknesses and I'd imagine that'll be enough for it to accumulate 

• Like 7
    Posted
    2 minutes ago, GoldenJackel said:

Gotta say I’m really liking the look of the radar at the moment! Those showers are beefing up.

I always put them back to rain radar just to check how heavy they might be, the snow radar I have to say is a bit too deceiving for snow in general lots of false signals etc I take it it's the met that supply it to the site?

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Very heavy showers becoming more frequent. Radar is definitely getting that look about it.. could be a very interesting 48 hours ahead for many.

• Like 8
    Posted
    Just now, Paul said:

The thing with snow is that it blows! So, it can end up some way (sometimes miles!) from where it was when the radar detected it by the time it reaches the ground. 

And sometimes it never gets to the ground,still see windfarm locations when it snows 

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow
    3 minutes ago, Paul said:

The thing with snow is that it blows! So, it can end up some way (sometimes miles) from where it was when the radar detected it by the time it reaches the ground. 

This.

It is not uncommon (but is rather magical) in winter to have reasonably heavy snow "falling" from a clear starry sky

• Like 4