Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Even the GFS which is causing much knicker wetting in the MT delivers for the North and Scotland, @DundeeguyDundee still looks a good place to be come Fri onwards and at elevation in Dundee maybe sooner. Been a dusting here overnight...

Off to fire up the work laptop and the personal laptop will be on the GFS updates all day in curiosity to see if it comes back online for our southern friend's. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted

@Blitzen it must be embarrassing for them as meteorologists having to spout the scripts that they're given but as with most things Beeb, they'll have to toe the corporation's line I suspect.   Gone are the days when I take what is produced by the Beeb in general as being gospel.

Back to the weather, I was just out with my recycling and it feels a good bit warmer than the -4.5c that my station is reporting but the snow that fell on Sunday night is definitely the good kind and feels great underfoot.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Damp start here, nothing falling from the sky yet.

10 minutes up the road though snow is falling on higher parts of the M77

CF1C70AC-D969-412C-AD5A-66F54B747AC0.thumb.jpeg.0f726e77be69a9c296b054e0bc24d59d.jpeg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
3 minutes ago, Sanserit said:

@Blitzen it must be embarrassing for them as meteorologists having to spout the scripts that they're given but as with most things Beeb, they'll have to toe the corporation's line I suspect.   Gone are the days when I take what is produced by the Beeb in general as being gospel.

Back to the weather, I was just out with my recycling and it feels a good bit warmer than the -4.5c that my station is reporting but the snow that fell on Sunday night is definitely the good kind and feels great underfoot.

Not embarrassing enough, obviously!   It's almost as if they are no longer required.   Weather Presenter's job with the BBC anyone?

• Like 6

Posted
2 minutes ago, Kayemill said:

I've been doing this long enough I should know better, but once again I need to remind myself that the Precipitation Type charts on all models are pure mince.

100 % I thought ayrshire was in the firing line after viewing yesterdays precipitation charts.....

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Had a couple of dandruff size blizzardy type showers now, (not lying)  so perhaps things are starting to change.

2.0c/1.1c/E/gusty/19mph.

• Like 9