Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Jan 2021 onwards

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ladies and gentlemen you are not going to believe it. After a wait of almost 3 years... 😮  

I don't suppose I have anything to complain about this winter...      .      

I've waited years to get a picture of the house covered with snow.  Finally!  

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

That warning is only for 2 hours. How much snow do they think will fall in that time?

• Like 9
    Posted
    4 minutes ago, EastLothianSnow said:

These MetOffice warnings where they warn of snow “away from eastern coastal districts” always has me wondering if I’m included in that area!? 😄 Technically we aren’t on the East Coast, we are further inland but we are still fairly close to the Forth and only at 50m. 

This warning for midweek warns of snow away from eastern coastal districts, yet our text warning mentions rain and sleet with snow on high ground. Confusing. 

We are a couple of miles outside of the yellow warning so expecting rain or sleet, but it was only a few weeks ago we got three inches of snow from a frontal event while areas further east got a lot less.

Theres a tremendous amount of uncertainty Thursday onwards.

• Like 8
    Posted
    1 hour ago, Stormeh said:

The 6z only shows mild air south of the border, parts of Scotland will be buried if the 6z was to be correct.

It all depends on the position of the low.

Exciting times for all of us with plenty of snow potential 

anim_ctk4.thumb.gif.ce7e272f39a916cb6243e9af8e9dd6d2.gif

anim_vjh0.thumb.gif.bb87738a5cdf7d778e9f1df492b392b7.gif

anim_akg1.thumb.gif.5f72a13c3326e09ea7feabfb35344158.gif

gfseuw-16-180.thumb.png.7e31f32e2af979b9365f4d5288212c34.png

Is that precip coming in from the east coast here showers or an organised band? Just wondering because we’d definitely rather showers for the streamer potential in the west

• Like 6
    Posted
    35 minutes ago, EastLothianSnow said:

These MetOffice warnings where they warn of snow “away from eastern coastal districts” always has me wondering if I’m included in that area!? 😄 Technically we aren’t on the East Coast, we are further inland but we are still fairly close to the Forth and only at 50m. 

This warning for midweek warns of snow away from eastern coastal districts, yet our text warning mentions rain and sleet with snow on high ground. Confusing. 

We are a couple of miles outside of the yellow warning so expecting rain or sleet, but it was only a few weeks ago we got three inches of snow from a frontal event while areas further east got a lot less.

If it's a direct Easterly I think you'll be ok as your a good 10 miles or so from the East coast, if it's more Nor Easterly then it's a shorter distance from the sea.

It's probably nigh on impossible to say exactly, you'll just have to wait and see!

• Like 8
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)

Just another day and another Snaw warning...

Looking at that some beefy snow coming in from North Sea on Friday, wouldn't rule out warnings to extend south.

Edited by Bullseye
    • Like 8