Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Jan 2021 onwards

Posted

all these showers coming in of rain 😞 just hoping that over the next couple of days it produces some snow on the downs and chilterns at least !! 

90F9DDB5-FD27-4255-9E35-0BCE1F8635D7.jpeg

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 371
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New crimbo present showing up my outdated & over temp sensor !!! Plus finally I get a dewpoint reading Still calibrating !

Unfortunately GC the only white falling from the sky here has been from the A*se of a seagull!🐦

Evening all, Still more ridiculous impatient hysteria, on the Model Thread, with the usual knee-jerk reactions by some Members, at the 12z Model Runs. Have to admit myself, when I stated tha

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Morning

rather wishy washy morning here in Farnham, Surrey
    temp 2.8 and rising

i know forecasts should be taken with a pinch of salt but we have no snow forecast for the next week on Net or Meto. 
    As my parents have both recently died and I inherit the house we are actually going to sell up there’s and ours and hopefully move to Scotland next year!  Not sure whereabouts yet but got to be a better chance up there!!! 
    Have a good day 

Sue  x 

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
    9 minutes ago, paget said:

Morning

temp 2.8 and rising

i know forecasts should be taken with a pinch of salt but we have no snow forecast for the next week on Net or Meto. 
    As my parents have both recently died and I inherit the house we are actually going to sell up there’s and ours and hopefully move to Scotland next year!  Not sure whereabouts yet but got to be a better chance up there!!! 
    Have a good day 

Sue  x 

Sounds lovely - just pick somewhere with a little altitude. 

I couldn't live there personally, the summers are wet and pretty dreadful.

• Like 1
    Posted

Morning

Pouring with rain and 2.7c. Looks like that sums up the forecast for the next few days here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The colder the better
    15 minutes ago, paget said:

Morning

temp 2.8 and rising

Have a good day 

Sue  x 

Moving to Scotland is our plan for the next 5 years.

Braemar, Grantown and Tomintoul will be our target areas.

Posted
    2 minutes ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

Sounds lovely - just pick somewhere with a little altitude. 

I couldn't live there personally, the summers are wet and pretty dreadful.

I absolutely hate hot weather! We holiday up there every year and where I come from has just become too busy, luckily it’s so popular house prices are ridiculous! The weather is so changeable up there! It’s not boring!! 😉

Posted
    Just now, Speedbird said:

Moving to Scotland is our plan for the next 5 years.

Braemar, Grantown and Tomintoul will be our target areas.

Lovely areas, should get snow there!!

we are looking everywhere, we normally holiday in the highlands (west) but because we run businesses we don’t really want to be too remote, but away from neighbours!!!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
    16 minutes ago, paget said:

Morning

temp 2.8 and rising

Have a good day 

Sue  x 

Good luck with the sale and the move 😊 You should see more snow up there. Have you any idea which part of Scotland you’ll move to? It’s a beautiful country, with a lot less people than our region 👍🏻

Posted
    1 minute ago, paget said:

Lovely areas, should get snow there!!

we are looking everywhere, we normally holiday in the highlands (west) but because we run businesses we don’t really want to be too remote, but away from neighbours!!!! 

And there lays the problem - we too would like an element of privacy but know that as we get older (and health issues increase) we don't want to be too far from shops and medical services.

Posted
    Just now, stainesbloke said:

Good luck with the sale and the move 😊 You should see more snow up there. Have you any idea which part of Scotland you’ll move to? It’s a beautiful country, with a lot less people than our region 👍🏻

We are looking at the perfect property not necessarily worried about the area, we love the western highlands but probably want to be a bit less remote (to run our businesses!) 

looking at Aberdeenshire, Ayrshire, Cairngorms, Dumfries but we won’t say no to higher up north if the right house appears! Got lots to do first, my mum was a hoarder and the house is so so full!! 😳

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
    6 minutes ago, paget said:

We are looking at the perfect property not necessarily worried about the area, we love the western highlands but probably want to be a bit less remote (to run our businesses!) 

looking at Aberdeenshire, Ayrshire, Cairngorms, Dumfries but we won’t say no to higher up north if the right house appears! Got lots to do first, my mum was a hoarder and the house is so so full!! 😳

So nice that you are able to make the move to somewhere that you love, though the circumstances must be sad.  I’m guessing that you can work from home? My friend in Bracknell is going to sell up this year and do the same as you, the south is too populated for her liking. Rural Aberdeenshire is gorgeous (love the berry farms). Not seen much of the Highlands. Loved Pitlochry too and Perthshire, was up there in that crazy Christmas of 2010 with -10°C during the day and 2 feet of snow ️ 

Posted

Last 3 gfs runs have been showing snow on Tuesday, ecm has been going backwards and forwards, metoffice still say no snow, let’s see this evenings runs 

• Like 2
    Posted

I wish my area didn't give precipitation such a warm welcome! I've waited for something to fall for a sky for ages, and it suddenly warms up a bit!
    There was a frost when I went to sleep.

Posted

So nice that you are able to make the move to somewhere that you love, though the circumstances must be sad.  I’m guessing that you can work from home? My friend in Bracknell is going to sell up this year and do the same as you, the south is too populated for her liking. Rural Aberdeenshire is gorgeous (love the berry farms). Not seen much of the Highlands. Loved Pitlochry too and Perthshire, was up there in that crazy Christmas of 2010 with -10°C during the day and 2 feet of snow ️ 

It’s been a hard choice, our houses (semi detached) have been in my family for 200 years, but I’ve spent the last 5 years solely caring for my parents 24/7 so I feel I need to do this for me now before I get too old! Our house is a tiny cottage so I’m looking forward to buying a bigger property with done land, my business is home based and my husband is a joiner/carpenter so will set up a workshop on the land, probates not even gone through yet so a long way to go!! X 

• Like 2
    Posted
    2 minutes ago, paget said:

It’s been a hard choice, our houses (semi detached) have been in my family for 200 years, but I’ve spent the last 5 years solely caring for my parents 24/7 so I feel I need to do this for me now before I get too old! Our house is a tiny cottage so I’m looking forward to buying a bigger property with done land, my business is home based and my husband is a joiner/carpenter so will set up a workshop on the land, probates not even gone through yet so a long way to go!! X 

I bet it’s been a difficult choice. You have to follow your dream, though 😊 It’ll be more of a peaceful life up there, plus your money goes further for property, which is great if you want something bigger. Please keep us updated on your progress 👍🏻

Posted

So the vibe I’m getting is last night was a snow fest this week and today it isn’t? Lol

Posted

I bet it’s been a difficult choice. You have to follow your dream, though 😊 It’ll be more of a peaceful life up there, plus your money goes further for property, which is great if you want something bigger. Please keep us updated on your progress 👍🏻

Will do x 

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1
    Posted
    9 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

I wish my area didn't give precipitation such a warm welcome! I've waited for something to fall for a sky for ages, and it suddenly warms up a bit!
    There was a frost when I went to sleep.

Nothing but rain here in Eastwood 😞

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
    48 minutes ago, paget said:

Morning

temp 2.8 and rising

Have a good day 

Sue  x 

Will be hard to leave all those memories behind, I wish you all the best.

Posted

Transititon to sleet & snow tomorrow eve **

• Like 6
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Dreaded October Fog Index is holding firm here, zero snow so far.

Posted
    4 minutes ago, paget said:

Will do x 

A lot of people move to aviemore > very popular 

• Like 2
    Posted

There is nothing quite so compelling as model watching. The highs and lows are never ending. The toys come out the prozac is to hand people lose the plot in the mad thread. Thankfully it is a lot calmer in here. Yes we chase the snow but we are the snow starved south east. What do we expect lol. I will continue enjoying the very knowledgeable peeps on here. Waiting to see Mr Murray response. The flip is in my eyes enormous at t+120. Doubting I have even seen a bigger swing 

Keep the faith peeps 

• Like 3