Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Jan 2021 onwards

Darkcloud

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW

1 minute ago, Matty88 said:

I agree with the cold week bit but definitely not the snow opportunities galore bit - what's that based on?! They will be there but few and far between, esp for me nestled in East Cambridgeshire! No streamers for me... need Northerly/North Easterly for that for them to get down the wash. I cannot see any solid cases for snow here over the next 5 days - likely none at all, maybe the odd sleet shower.  

Never the less it's interesting times model watching at present! Although I hope the 12z run can be put in the bin!!! 

Maybe the snow opportunities galore remark was a bit IMBY sorry about that! Any sort of streamer that sets up always seems to hit me here in Southend, Essex so I’m hoping and praying it’s cold enough for snow..

extremely interesting mate awaiting the ECM now, hoping for upgrades.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Can't see it well on here but trust me there's Sleet finally falling in the North Sea Tonight hopefully more and more will begin to show up. 

Screenshot_20210103_172851_com.android.chrome.jpg

Posted
1 minute ago, steveinsussex said:

I used to give you so much stick in years past due to your over ramping etc, however I just wanted to say that you have really improved in your knowledge and I have a ton of respect for your info now

Keep it up Daniel

Aw Steve that's maybe the nicest thing someone's ever said about me on here, and oh don't I know it! The squabbles we had lol seems like yesterday! I'm maybe not the most likeable person I can be a bit sharp with my tongue, but I am passionate about weather and I have really tried to improve my knowledge. When I joined this forum like our friend Sheldon I didn't know a thing it is nice to see positive changes. 

• Like 8

Posted

I remember when all that was required for snow for us was the 528 dam to be South of the UK and it was game on. But then I am an old fart.

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, Jackski4 said:

Maybe the snow opportunities galore remark was a bit IMBY sorry about that! Any sort of streamer that sets up always seems to hit me here in Southend, Essex so I’m hoping and praying it’s cold enough for snow..

extremely interesting mate awaiting the ECM now, hoping for upgrades.

Haha no worries... I'd probably be saying the same if I was in Southend! I think you're in for a good shout there for some decent showers. I've been hoping for something organised to pop up but that med low slowly got phased out I've learnt in the past never to rely on streamers or showers off the north sea from an Easterly in my neck of the woods! Even the beast in 2018 gave us in Cambs barely a sprinkle really... 

I'm hoping that Icelandic low can drop next Friday/Saturday but that seems to be getting phased out too... may need to wait a bit longer here I think for a nice cold low or front to show up!! Should be something by next Weekend I feel... 

• Like 2

Posted

Gfs still has a steamer set up from 18.00 tomorrow until Wednesday, going to be interesting to see how this develops 

met office still not having any of it saying rain I really hope they are wrong 

Edited by clark3r
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW
6 minutes ago, Matty88 said:

Haha no worries... I'd probably be saying the same if I was in Southend! I think you're in for a good shout there for some decent showers. I've been hoping for something organised to pop up but that med low slowly got phased out I've learnt in the past never to rely on streamers or showers off the north sea from an Easterly in my neck of the woods! Even the beast in 2018 gave us in Cambs barely a sprinkle really... 

I'm hoping that Icelandic low can drop next Friday/Saturday but that seems to be getting phased out too... may need to wait a bit longer here I think for a nice cold low or front to show up!! Should be something by next Weekend I feel... 

I remember back in 2018 Southend was absolutely thick with snow yet most of the region didn’t have much at all. Was nice for me though. I hope we get a nice front showing up by the weekend, that delivers for all of us 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

None of the forecasts are saying snow, just "RAIN" plus it's supposed to be windy, but it isn't windy here?

• Like 1

Posted

Genuine Question here

Is it just me who actually think places like Southwold, Lowestoft, Yarmouth, Clacton, Burnham, Southend, Leigh On Sea, Herne Bay etc are in absolutely the WORST chance risk of Snow over the next 3 days or am I going absolutely mad and need to throw away 40 years of Meteorology here ? I am genuingly baffled here what other people are seeing or is it just hopecasting ?

Other places like the North and South Downs, Surrey Hills, Chilterns etc and pretty much most other areas that are above 75m asl are in with a decent shout of seeing Snow in heavier bursts though

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Sellindge, Hythe, Brabourne, Stelling Minnis saw ice pellets today with an intermix of snow flakes and a lot of rain

Posted
14 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Genuine Question here

Is it just me who actually think places like Southwold, Lowestoft, Yarmouth, Clacton, Burnham, Southend, Leigh On Sea, Herne Bay etc are in absolutely the WORST chance risk of Snow over the next 3 days or am I going absolutely mad and need to throw away 40 years of Meteorology here ? I am genuingly baffled here what other people are seeing or is it just hopecasting ?

Other places like the North and South Downs, Surrey Hills, Chilterns etc and pretty much most other areas that are above 75m asl are in with a decent shout of seeing Snow in heavier bursts though

Nope, I agree 100% with you Paul, I cannot see it either. Obviously Rayleigh will get several inches of snow* but any of those places you mention would be lucky to me.  

* Gotta stop looking at those 2010 charts....

Edited by Vesuvius
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

@Paul Sherman @TomSE12 @Steve Murr keep an eye on late tomorrow night into Tuesday, might be on the edge with the dewpoints but streamer territory 24DBD4B3-8737-4283-9399-365106742035.thumb.png.472588c3d13c2054d3603ec5d58082a6.pngCCAF4747-5D58-4DD3-AD88-3BB60FDE44F5.thumb.png.b03aa435b3ca543c1bf15a5433a887b1.png3C00A699-6539-4829-BBCF-BB15308F9F49.thumb.png.e09e95b8f6bafcc9f2f909db4c7158cd.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, MAF said:

sledge might be better for you @Paul Sherman  

Yh have some important deliveries to carry out in the more Mountanous areas of the South East Mick in the Middle of the week so will take it with me just in case 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Slowly Strengthening in about 1 or 2 Hours most of it will be on Lnad Let's See What Happens There Could Bring Sleet For Two Days In A Row

Screenshot_20210103_181559_com.android.chrome.jpg

Posted
5 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Yh have some important deliveries to carry out in the more Mountanous areas of the South East Mick in the Middle of the week so will take it with me just in case 

you know that other bloke got the sack for deliveries, don't you?????

father Xmas  

with you Paul on your prognosis of anything up and coming in the next week. will never forget your in depth post on the streamer we had a few years back and cant but think.... it wont happen again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Temp over here in the West of our region (Farnham, Surrey) got down to 3.5 now it appears to be going back up! 
We are right under a blob of big, droppy rain!  (My technical term!) 

• Like 2