Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far north and northeast of England weather discussion

3 minutes ago, P-M said:

Makes total sense. The thing I'd like to know though is when the cap will be removed. I can't make any sense of the CIN charts at the minute. 

Watching the Sat 24 over and over again it does look like the stubborn cloud is shifting just ever so slowly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Managed to dodge most of the showers today but still plenty of time i am remaining positive especially after that fax chart 

Edited by seabreeze86
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine
10 minutes ago, topsweep1506 said:

The problem we’ve got at the moment is theres a layer of cloud (circled) we’re our showers are developing, the cloud layer is inhibiting the showers until there clear of it and move west plus theres still a cap over us at around 5000ft

hope that makes sense lol

2EA91D04-2400-435E-ACEB-4AB13F5DDC83.jpeg

Hopefully that cloud will do one sharpish. If the low yesterday and this cloud is the cause of our woe so far we have been very unlucky. 

• Like 1

Posted

Yeah just looking at the radar and reports, this is not the classic easterly as we all know, as been alluded spoiler cloud and perhaps just not enough instability means you got these annoying popcorn showers which we get alot from the Irish Sea which just don't really add anything. 

Posted

Looks like that high cloud is clearing you can see the showers forming beneath it now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
13 minutes ago, P-M said:

Makes total sense. The thing I'd like to know though is when the cap will be removed. I can't make any sense of the CIN charts at the minute. 

I'd taken from the charts that it would be around now to 4ish?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

That was a decent shower 15 mins long anywhere that was melting that sees the sun has gone white again 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Actually its started again 

Posted

Good 15 min heavy shower and road white over again. BBC website changed to heavy snow showers all today tonight and most of tomorrow - decent chance if a steamer hits 

Posted

Heavy snow starting to fall here - could be I'm in a sweet spot for this streamer that is coming into North Tyneside  now

Posted

Shower here now just started. You've had it 15 mind Boro snow. Crazy how the same town can have such differences. Lol its stopped again after about 5 mins 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer

It's been hugely frustrating for me today. Woke up to a dusting of snow, and aside from about 4 occasions all day I've watched showers miss just to the north or just to the south.

Staying positive though. 

Posted

Well I hate to say it, but if this is winter, roll on summer. So we are a day and half into this and most of it has melted. Yes there is potential there, but it's a day and a half lost already. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Looking at UKV tomorrow will be similar to today with showers coming in from the north sea

viewimage_pbx1.thumb.png.7c5b9ec093225ef739da6802995f4cc4.pngviewimage_pbx2.thumb.png.c036322f616b3eb2e170b9c38950e9aa.pngviewimage_pbx3.thumb.png.abed8d96f20d1fa4878301f763bf5c90.png

Wednesday is similar to start the day though signs the showers will become less widespread during the afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

You've got to laugh! BBC App (yes, I know it's a shocker) has me down for heavy snow from 7pm this evening, right through to 5pm tomorrow .

What a $hit show! Even the dogs can't be arsed with being outside, and when it's cold, outside is their preference and they'll both happily sleep curled up in -10 (you know, proper winter cold)!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heat, storms

There's still about a cm or 2 in Durham city up by the hospital but absolutely nowt in CLS. Very disappointed indeed. How's the models looking today for next week? I've not had time to check lol

Posted

People throwing the towel in way to early here. Air getting more unstable, convergence lines galore later. Colder 850’s also . We been unlucky so far but that is about to change 

• Like 6

Posted

So I guess there is a quite a bit of disappointment in here, to be honest I am a little underwhelmed myself, I was expecting this event to be much bigger and was expecting at least 5/10cm on the ground at this stage but not to be.

Once again it does look interesting tonight, Beeb and MetO both going for heavy snow showers later this evening and all day tomorrow so I will keep the patience for a little longer lol.

Though a little disappointed at least we have had the chase a couple of times already and still think more events to come , those near the coast have seen some snow and given all that well I think it has been much better than we have had the past couple of winters.

Posted

Reasonably heavy showers but nothing seems to be laying!! Can't understand it this is early Feb still the heart of winter for me and it just won't stick. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, seabreeze86 said:

People throwing the towel in way to early here. Air getting more unstable, convergence lines galore later. Colder 850’s also . We been unlucky so far but that is about to change 

Hope so you’ll have to keep us updated I’m currently watching birds of prey on sky hope it picks up this evening !!