2 minutes ago, Slidergate '17 said:

Move along nothing to see here

Screenshot_20210202-172630_Weather&Radar.jpg

What’s the app name? Looks neat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

12z 

+108 Sunday.

Yes - inaccurate ppn maps but we're not asking for too much on the Western lowland riviera of Lancashire.

Are we? 

h500slpTTPS4MUA.thumb.png.81dc15858d1c29444c1cfc1d077cffd5.png

uksnowrisk.thumb.png.a2800ee827342e5f1a988e0437370a81.png

prectypeuktopo6UCU46BI.thumb.png.70518dabee936f6ac529ab0354a02429.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
Just now, Iceaxecrampon said:

12z 

+108 Sunday.

Yes - inaccurate ppn maps but we're not asking for too much on the Western lowland riviera of Lancashire.

Are we? 

h500slpTTPS4MUA.thumb.png.81dc15858d1c29444c1cfc1d077cffd5.png

uksnowrisk.thumb.png.a2800ee827342e5f1a988e0437370a81.png

prectypeuktopo6UCU46BI.thumb.png.70518dabee936f6ac529ab0354a02429.png

Wow I bet that would empty some prams of toys in the Mad Thread although if it went any further north there would probably be a few on the carpet in here as well.

• Like 1

Posted

Mild air yet to arrive current temp 2.7 degree. A quick descent into dusk under grey skies. It's raining moderately now. A miserable Candlemas Day. Bleak Tuesday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Must be something on the menu.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Now 7.4°C with moderate rain.

I have ordered a replacement hygrometer modules so I will have DP/wetBulb readings soon. Don’t know if in time for the weekend because it’s coming from the US but hopefully. Meanwhile I will still have them below 74% RH because of the nature of the problem with the device.

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
14 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Must be something on the menu.

It's always puzzled me as to why someone who lives in the south of France & spends a lot of time on here gets giddy about possible cold incoming to the UK. It's like me getting excited over a heatwave in the French Riviera whilst at the same time it's 14C up here and drizzling. But I guess a weather enthusiast can be happy for people hundreds or even thousands of miles away. Just I think I'd spend my time differently.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
7 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

It's always puzzled me as to why someone who lives in the south of France & spends a lot of time on here gets giddy about possible cold incoming to the UK. It's like me getting excited over a heatwave in the French Riviera whilst at the same time it's 14C up here and drizzling. But I guess a weather enthusiast can be happy for people hundreds or even thousands of miles away. Just I think I'd spend my time differently.

He used to live in the UK, probably get some excitement seeing back home get cold and snow

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves

Bamboozlment in the mod thread... Some saying lots of snow for the North.. I presume they mean northeast and not the whole North.

Posted
3 minutes ago, chicken soup said:

Bamboozlment in the mod thread... Some saying lots of snow for the North.. I presume they mean northeast and not the whole North.

I pointed this out in the moaning thread, I daren't try to do so in the main thread. I wish I could go back up to the North East for a week. This kind of easterly would be the dream up there as am sure @Geordiesnow can testify. Unfortunately Covid puts that in bin. 

3 minutes ago, IM NOT REALLY HERE said:

Wow. Never seen so much moaning and begging for a shift south east. The MAD thread is about to explode

I don't think I remember a straight easterly like this in the few years I've been down here now. Would a Southerly correction have any effect on whether the precipitation gets over the pennines, because if it did aid that then there more than welcome to one. 

• Like 2

Posted
29 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

In fairness to Nick, he used to live in the SE of the UK so I guess you can still have an interest and besides, I find his contributions quite useful.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

If you could just stop there for a couple of days that would be lovely, thanks very much.

overview_20210202_12_222.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

When i checked at 5.30pm, there were 200 replies on MOD thread. I jumped to the most recent and then went to the chippy. 

Now, having eaten my tea, there are a further 151 as i type. WTF.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
1 minute ago, Geordiesnow said:

In fairness to Nick, he used to live in the SE of the UK so I guess you can still have an interest and besides, I find his contributions quite useful.

Absolutely. No denying he's a knowledgeable poster and like I said each to their own if he's happy for us. But we're still allowed to criticize someone's actions at the same time. Free speech and all that.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
13 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

When i checked at 5.30pm, there were 200 replies on MOD thread. I jumped to the most recent and then went to the chippy. 

Now, having eaten my tea, there are a further 151 as i type. WTF.

And I bet 90% of them fell into the categories of “it’s not showing snow for the SE so is for the bin” “we need a southerly correction” and “Stella run, the SE is gonna get buried”

• Like 3

Posted

Torrential rain this afternoon at times... back door mat was floating... still got slush out there... warmest it’s been all day at 4c out... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

5863FB99-CE28-41DC-BA83-65D71AC3B060.thumb.png.38cd218f25d62f353742781ae9fc0200.png

41901583-4B82-4F11-B1F2-C14B0DD69154.thumb.png.1d4c6d008ecc4e057c0c95c0948a7516.png

Well, I was in danger of getting 20cm of lovely fluffy snow at weekend but the GFS and ECM both put the brakes on before the M6. Thank goodness. 

• Like 1

Posted

Just been out for a bit of exercise, first time since my Covid but I wish I hadn’t.

pavements are slippy as hell with wet slushy crap and walking in the road is as dangerous as walking across the runway at Manchester Airport.

At least snow on the roads slows the idiots down but clear roads and icy pavements are the worst possible combination.

rant over but if the only type of snow on offer is the stuff that thaws within hours then can I have warm dry weather instead.

• Like 2