Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Appreciate what others are saying re this still being early days, but here is the Euro4 snow accumulation chart for 10am, ie right now.  Now, I might be wrong but so far I haven’t seen anyone report anything like these depths anywhere in our region.

Shower intensity does seem to be increasing so it may be slightly delayed but until some of those bigger showers start making it further inland and maintaining the intensity right across to the west, I think we may need to adjust our expectations down a bit....

E2847B95-967A-4186-87BA-2E052580A089.png

Edited by SouthYorks
  • Like 3

Posted

If we don't manage at least 5cm across the region from this I'll be disappointed. 

Radar looks patchy at best right now though, hope to see some intensification throughout the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, torrential rain.

Plenty of showers heading the way of barnsley, but they just completely run out of steam. So frustrating! 

• Like 2

What I'd give for a full day of the heavy snow we're getting now from a passing shower ❄️ Blows in really well... just not enough of them around! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,lightning,hot and sunny

Some thawing of the snow cover here. The frequency of the showers is just not there. Saying that an heavy snow shower is just come through 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

Aaaand what we did have is now going

20210208_101529.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

This is an absolute banter cold spell for West Yorkshire There's barely a dusting and the showers give up the ghost once they get near the A1! Bring back the marginal fronts please!! Rubbish! 

• Like 4

Posted

Snow on and off through most of this morning but no real intensity to them and only last 10 or 15 mins got an  good covering but nowt significant. Sun making attempt to come out early days but has 2018 vibe about it where we get big gaps in the showers and no real depth.  Hopefully will get under an streamer that lasts at least an hour to put down few cms. Still long way to go  yet and certainly beats crappy cold or mild rain anytime.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Surprised to see it slightly thawing yeah.

Currently -0.9c here with dew point of -1.1 so it shouldn't be, but it's definitely water drops now where it was a light dusting before.

Main patches where it's an inch or so now seen ok though

Posted
Just now, bazookabob said:

This is an absolute banter cold spell for West Yorkshire There's barely a dusting and the showers give up the ghost once they get near the A1! Bring back the marginal fronts please!! Rubbish! 

Speak for yourself fella, Calderdale has a good covering of snow especially above 250m (which is a fair chunk of Calderdale) and we headed over to Bingley first thing and they have a covering North Halifax/Queensbury/Allerton end.

It is however v localised, some big showers heading in which i expect will keep their intensity.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
3 minutes ago, bazookabob said:

I'd prefer a front approaching cold air. Happens Monday and we had a good fall with low 850s

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Seem to be avoiding the heaviest of the showers. Need to stop looking at the radar! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

A prominent gap around Lincoln at the moment. Theres more happening to North of that and that area of lLincoln is near the amber warning. So with all due respect to many members, I still think there is a lot of now casting element to all this. So I would wait and see what unfolds..

Screenshot_20210208-102212_Samsung Internet.jpg

The ground needs to cool further I think. Several near zero days and sub-zero nights should help this week. Decent shower passing through now - loads of small flakes blowing in but no settling on the roads.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder
7 minutes ago, Aaron Roberts said:

Speak for yourself fella, Calderdale has a good covering of snow especially above 250m (which is a fair chunk of Calderdale) and we headed over to Bingley first thing and they have a covering North Halifax/Queensbury/Allerton end.

It is however v localised, some big showers heading in which i expect will keep their intensity.

Yeah but to be fair Queensbury has a covering in July I should have specified low ground perhaps! 

• Like 2

Posted

A steady thaw going on now, lets hope the snow does go soon, what we have here is much of nothing. Forecast still says heavy snow showers but the forecasts have been hopeless since yesterday.