Snow?

Yorkshire and E England regional thread 30 Dec 2020 onwards

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last one from me, great day...just stopped now so 11 hours of snow 👍👏👏 Hope those that missed out get some soon 🤞👍  

Around 50cm has fallen across the highest parts of the North York Moors yesterday. Went for a walk this morning at Newgate Bank. Around 30cm of fresh powdery snow underfoot and quite difficult to

Very pretty on the snowfields above Sheffield this morning!

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, bazookabob said:

Oh dear, and netweather banned him for being too informative! Talk about an own goal 😂 

Kasim is exceptional. Weve had some very late night chats and his knowledge for his age self taught is excellent. Ill be hoping to be back soon to this and contributing to his website shortly. Ive just needed to concentrate on my mums health

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Scott Ingham said:

Kasim is exceptional. Weve had some very late night chats and his knowledge for his age self taught is excellent. Ill be hoping to be back soon to this and contributing to his website shortly. Ive just needed to concentrate on my mums health

Sorry to hear your mum's not well, all the best to you and her. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, bazookabob said:

Sorry to hear your mum's not well, all the best to you and her. 

Thanks m8 shes slowly getting better! Just quickly but thursday does look very interesting hopefully i can add some more meat on that in the next day or so!

• Like 6
1 hour ago, bazookabob said:

Oh dear, and netweather banned him for being too informative! Talk about an own goal 😂 

Wow he's still a teenager, I thought he was in his mid 20s with that tash. Good look to the lad 😀

Edited by Harsh Climate
  • Like 4
5 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

Wow he's still a teenager, I thought he was in his mid 20s with that tash. Good look to the lad 😀

Article is from 2015, so he’ll now be in his early 20’s.  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Scott Ingham said:

Why was Kasim banned? Absolutely crazy! He has been one of the best contributers to this forum this season. Along with your good self.

30 minutes ago, blizzard81 said:

Why was Kasim banned? Absolutely crazy! He has been one of the best contributers to this forum this season. Along with your good self.

Its not really for me to say mate tbh your best off asking him and thank you mate!

Edited by Scott Ingham

In the Ryburn valley we seem to be perfectly aligned for the one or two showers which have fallen overnight. Currently snowing all be it lightly at the moment. Lovely all the same, freshening up what laying snow we already have up here 🙂

Thursday looks interesting, and after that!

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, winterof79 said:

I don't wish I'll on the MET but I hope their local forecast for midweek is a complete bust as it stinks. 

I’m strongly preferring Arpege for Thursday! 😁

17620079-9252-4A55-A93E-C9149787EF88.png

• Like 3

Unfortunately I think METO has it right for Tuesday and Thursday. Tuesday any wintry ppn will be over 250asl with sleet maybe in lower levels under heavier bursts. Thursday will be all rain unless something changes drastically. 

10 minutes ago, Sunny_AS said:

Any more takes on what's happening for the rest of this week? Gone a bit quiet on here....😬

lol i thought that quiet is not good 😛

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Bradowl said:

Anything more than 1cm brings South East to a standstill, I'm expecting it being main News story later on BBC News.

"So is the southeast thread on here, I wonder if its because they never get snow, so don't know what 4 inches of it is supposed to look like! Having said that, looks like some spots in the Midlands did very well with similar amounts to what we had in the 2 events up here earlier in the month. "

All this mocking about people in the SE thread,a lot of us havent seen one snowflake yet.But why are so many bothered in this thread over how much snow  or not we get.

Obssesed or what

• Like 1

Beautiful sunny day here little bit of frost left in the shade the wind is cold but i must admit sun feels nice out of the breeze. And its nice to think that in an few months the sun be high enough to sit out in garden if the weather play ball that is. 

Local met office automated forecast is now suggesting sleet turning to snow tomorrow evening with the temperature not rising above 3c all day.  Interesting!

Screenshot_20210125-135518_Met Office.jpg

Temperature not forecast to rise above 6c all week now either with sleet on Thursday which was supposed to be the day the mild weather swept in?

Today could be the warmest day of the week!

Edited by Kentish Snowman in Yorks
  • Like 2