Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Simplistic question but has the streamer potential gone? Towards the south east its been pretty strong

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
10 minutes ago, Lincstim said:

Looks very promising for a few continous showers.. 

Well, now I've shared it they will probably vanish in to thin air

Screenshot_20210208-121441_Samsung Internet.jpg

Too much SW movement for you.

Right now it looks like the best prospects are in a line from..

Northern Bradford to Scarborough (Ilkley/Otley interesting) and Barnsley to Brid.

You should get a general steady stream though.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
1 minute ago, Scott Ingham said:

Never knew early feb was a solar issue!

Same happening here. Having top up at the moment, thanks for sending it over the hill's. 

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

Only until you get a decent enough cover. Get it thick enough to ice over during the night and it will survive the sun fine but most people are dealing with a dusting right now.

Posted

Very poor show here.

Significantly lowered my expectations and put the sledge away!

• Like 1

Posted

What a bizarre amber warning to put out, the last snow event that had a yellow warning was worse. It’s due to expire at 14:00 so unless theirs the mother of all streamers, seems like the weather has duped the big boys at the met.

Edited by Danns
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Small showers during the morning have just about covered the grass n paths, slight thaw in process, roads are just wet but better than nowt, hopefully more to come

Posted
3 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Only until you get a decent enough cover. Get it thick enough to ice over during the night and it will survive the sun fine but most people are dealing with a dusting right now.

Never even considered it today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
9 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

The sun is always strong in Feb, I recall the same complaints in Feb 05 and 09 notably.

Correct, it's only December and January when it's not strong enough, I recall the very cold spell in 1979 in mid February with temperature of -2 during day and snow melting where sun got on it, produced some great icicles from gutter though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Well that's the first ice day a bust, gone over 0c here now . Was looking forward to recording 4 or 5 ice days in a row as per forecast. Would have been a good rare stat to have

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

I am not shocked of snow melt, its barely a dusting here. You do get some melt even these set ups, theres just simply not enough on ground. Maybe later as sun drops, it will be different. Thats how I see it

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All seasons veteran of the 1981 winter

Plenty of snow here showers getting heavy now.

Volvo V40 Cross Country AWD.

4 Winter tyres on 

20210208_122809.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
9 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

nooooooooo the sun's coming out here now too.  Damn you, shiny yellowy warming thing

• Like 3

Posted

Radar really shows the York snow shield in full effect.

Posted

tbf even when i've been in the alps and its -5c during the day the snow still melts on the road/ cars etc as the solar radiation takes patches of ice/snow above freezing. It quickly refreezes when in the shade/ under cloud though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
45 minutes ago, Snowjokes92 said:

Not sure on your question, whilst they make look scattered they do look like they are intensifying to me

People are saying the main action is meant to be later this afternoon so i was just asking what is it that will increase the showers later?

Posted

Just got back from a shopping excursion and the conditions within the 20min area of my home are stark, my village has had around a good inch of snow yet just two mins away there is a dusting go a further five mins away and thick snow cover again. Just goes to show how the showers have let loose depending on geography and local weather conditions the varied conditions are quite broad even in a tiny area.

Edited by Lincs Observation
  • Like 3

Posted

Some signs of it filling out a bit over the Lincolnshire coast? - less intense but less gaps. Seems to be gradually filling out further north too

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Slow thaw in progress certainly no need for a warning for a dusting. Not even going to get an ice day as temps briefly popped above freezing.

The kitten has now gone to sleep.

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Lincs Observation said:

Just got back from a shopping excursion and the conditions within the 20min area of my home are stark, my village has had around a good inch of snow yet just two mins away there is a dusting go a further five mins away and thick snow cover again. Just goes to show how the showers have let loose depending on geography and local weather conditions the varied conditions are quite broad even in a tiny area.

we are barely 2m from the city centre on a dead end street with an incline, all small old terraced houses.  Our street typically retains snow and ice when others around us have cleared, so what little snow I am seeing outside my window is probably more than the next street has got. 

but it's still trying - a few flakes, here and there

Edited by Kathryn Atkin
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
19 minutes ago, Winter Cold said:

Well that's the first ice day a bust, gone over 0c here now . Was looking forward to recording 4 or 5 ice days in a row as per forecast. Would have been a good rare stat to have

Possibly warmest day of week, it does look as though tonight will be colder than last night. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, adrianh said:

Some signs of it filling out a bit over the Lincolnshire coast? - less intense but less gaps. Seems to be gradually filling out further north too

The stuff over East Anglia is the more widespread stuff and juts out into the North sea. Not sure if this is a feature or just yesterday's system and will pull away.